Review Cats defeat Crows by 19 at AO

Remove this Banner Ad

As per the norm , i didnt watch one second of any of the pre season games

And because of the 6 mth break between seasons - it even takes me a little bit of time
to get interested in the main season - like last week i had other things on so i didnt get around to watching it

However i watched a replay of the Ade game - alot of oppo supporters ( non Geel or Ade) said it was a poor game - watching it i thought it was a good game , not being biased but Geel are good to watch , because its proper football , the passes to the forwards etc , exciting stuff

A few points , Shaun Mannagh , Geel have definitely got a player in him , clever , knows where the goals are , fits in beautifully

Stewart his contested one on one marking with his direct Ade opponent , thats the best its ever been , he beat that guy pointless

Clark , again there was alot of slows by oppo supporters , oh im glad we didnt get him blah blah blah , however i thought in the last qtr when Geel were right under the pump , i thought i did a few useful things in a tight situation their ,. thats a good sign for such an inexperienced player

Terribly weak comp , if Geel just keep notching up the wins , come Sept if they qual top 4 then they have got as good a chance as anyone

This season feels a lot like 2022. Wide open, it will take us a while to be convinced about Geelong’s chances but we are as good a chance as any to be there at the pointy end.

Geelong are the Michael Myers of the AFL. Impossible to kill.
View attachment 1936673
GWS look super scary. A lot of players reaching their potential .They look a cut above the rest. Early days though but sadly my money is going to be on them

I would probably be resting Clark either this game or next as the short break may be to much for someone with so little footy in the last 2 years at his age.

Thats a reasonable point and i agree.

He can stay part of the midfield rotation - Duncan at half back, Atkins perhaps playing as a small defender or inside mid if required.

Duncan was a half back all last year and it didnt help parfitt get games. Atkins hasnt played as a defender since 2021 so im not sure we would do it now.

An ordinary Hawks team beat us in our premiership year. We can’t take them for granted at all. They always get up for us.
Moral of the story that day.
Don't play Kolodjashnij and look what happens...

Stop looking at stats and look at other parts of the game... Stats are not the only thing that matter in AFL

Touches are not the be all end all of everything

We need to look more at stats. Not less at stats. 95 percent of the game can now be evaluated through stats alone. And the error margin for getting the other 5 percent right is probably so high its not worth even considering.

if not through statistics how do you evaluate his insane consistency? By what measure do you use to determine this? His low goal to high goal assist ratio was highly consistent last season. But he has ruined that consistency this season by kicking too many goals. A fall in consistency in this aspect of his game coincides with an actual improvement in his game. we get consistency alone tells us nothing about how well someone is playing?

Kane goes bang.

Guarantee there’ll be a complete overreaction by the AFL any week now and umpires will be directed to pay everything.

It’ll be hideous.

Moral of the story that day.
Don't play Kolodjashnij and look what happens...
Kolo is in career best form the past two weeks.

So some nobody is due to kick 5 on him. :sad

We need to look more at stats. Not less at stats. 95 percent of the game can now be evaluated through stats alone. And the error margin for getting the other 5 percent right is probably so high its not worth even considering.

if not through statistics how do you evaluate his insane consistency? By what measure do you use to determine this? His low goal to high goal assist ratio was highly consistent last season. But he has ruined that consistency this season by kicking too many goals. A fall in consistency in this aspect of his game coincides with an actual improvement in his game. we get consistency alone tells us nothing about how well someone is playing?
Look, even if you’re right and there’s virtually no subjectivity you have ignored what makes Miers so consistent: he basically never plays a bad game. Look at the stats, they prove it. He has a high floor.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Guarantee there’ll be a complete overreaction by the AFL any week now and umpires will be directed to pay everything.

It’ll be hideous.
Keep Parfitt in then and ask for 5 tackles in the first quarter again this week

You might lead the comp in frees against

Only if one of my team mates accidentally gave me the ball, it would be htb everytime. I'd never find myself in enough space to take an uncontested mark.

Actually now that I think about it, its a killer opposition strategy, leave 3/4 alone in a paddock if his team mates are dumb enough to pass to him we'll easily win the ball back on the certain turnover.

Kolo is in career best form the past two weeks.

So some nobody is due to kick 5 on him. :sad

That's not the worse JK call I've seen since the start of the season - on FB there's a million questions asking where Bews is (like apparently as it was only asked an hour ago we need to ask again...), and comments that Bews is definitely best 22 & should be in the team ahead of Kolodjashnij as he's better than Jake 🤦‍♀️

If the suggestion was in the team ahead of Touhy, O'Connor, Mullin etc, then maybe one would have a point. But surely the MC isn't stupid enough to drop a KPD option for a small defender - at least look at options who are trying to compete for the same spot

Only if one of my team mates accidentally gave me the ball, it would be htb everytime. I'd never find myself in enough space to take an uncontested mark.

Actually now that I think about it, its a killer opposition strategy, leave 3/4 alone in a paddock if his team mates are dumb enough to pass to him we'll easily win the ball back on the certain turnover.
sounds like a plan, maybe pass that along to Scotty ;)

That's not the worse JK call I've seen since the start of the season - on FB there's a million questions asking where Bews is (like apparently as it was only asked an hour ago we need to ask again...), and comments that Bews is definitely best 22 & should be in the team ahead of Kolodjashnij as he's better than Jake 🤦‍♀️

If the suggestion was in the team ahead of Touhy, O'Connor, Mullin etc, then maybe one would have a point. But surely the MC isn't stupid enough to drop a KPD option for a small defender - at least look at options who are trying to compete for the same spot

O'Connor has also had 2 really good performances to start the season.

Maybe if you look at all stats (we don't have access to them all) but touches mean jack s**t.

Considering injures and suspensions Miers has been our most consistent player by a mile for the last 22 months

It is hard for Stewart or Cameron to be consistent when they are injured (both of them) or suspended Stewart

Remove this Banner Ad

Back