Verbal Faux Pas, Jargon, Cliches, Boganisms, etc

Remove this Banner Ad

Tony Leonard on 3AW just now: "Carlton fans who are upset, let us know by sending us a Twitter!"

Not a faux pas but a funny comment
Tim Lane: "Carlton showing their deficiencies here.......they're not good at defending, and they're not good at scoring!"
Leigh Matthews: ".......so what are they good at then?"

Hahaha that is gold!!!

There was a radio show called the gospel about 10 years ago starring a few footy players including Nick Riewoldt.

They decided to have a bit of innocent fun and play a word association game.

Nick Riewoldts response to the word 'homosexual' - "DIE"

I remember that. Caused a fair amount of grief at the time.

Can you imagine he'd said it these days. Would be just about strung up.

I remember that. Caused a fair amount of grief at the time.

Can you imagine he'd said it these days. Would be just about strung up.
And rightly so lol.

I was shocked when I heard that.

Hopefully he's grown up a bit and isn't so bigoted.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Michael Christian on Triple M last night described Melbourne as having the "whereforall" instead of "wherewithal".

Danny Frawley butchers the language at times - he obviously doesn't understand the went/gone distinction, given his constant use of "should have went".

Another fairly common one is commentator use of "bought" instead of "brought" when talking about what a player or coach is providing for his team.

Eddie McGuire to Kane Cornes this evening - "you should have two rubs being an old c**t"

Rompingwins: Gibson will probably ice his fist
Bruce: It's a become a weapon hasn't it over the last few years

:eek:

Crawford "wrote" this article for the Herald-Sun this week:
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...ng-start-to-2014/story-fni5f1tu-1226904439332
The article contains this line: "I like and respect ‘Dimma’, but surely his comment was just rhetoric that not even the fans wouldn’t believe."

He was asked today on The Sunday Footy Show if he knew what "rhetoric" meant. Not only does he not know what it means, he couldn't even spell it. It highlights what a scam ghost-written articles are.
:D

Was it Tony Shaw today on 3AW talking about Richmond's backup ruckman "Stephen Orrenson".

Finey on SEN this morning. "The head is sacrosanct, which means it is inviable....inviolable...in...un....inviolatable......er.....it can't be violated!"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back