Verbal Faux Pas, Jargon, Cliches, Boganisms, etc

Remove this Banner Ad

How about a recognition faux pas. Julian De Stoop not recognising Patty Mills & Aaron Baynes with the NBA championship trophy.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/more-sp...ry-obrien-trophy/story-e6frf3f3-1226990684705

10513359_822175771127564_5596918531968385343_n.png

ben dixon asking goal umpire her thoughts on foxtel up final thus far. asking her how it feels to have all the action down her end - all 7 goals.

she said she's only called 2 goals.
Haha that was funny. He thought that they swapped over at the end of every quarter. Idiot. Unfortunately for Dixon, he got a promotion from Foxtel Cup to the AFL scum games at (Aurora, GWS/GC Games).. but with basic errors like that, I think he'll get the boot after this season.

Haha that was funny. He thought that they swapped over at the end of every quarter. Idiot. Unfortunately for Dixon, he got a promotion from Foxtel Cup to the AFL scum games at (Aurora, GWS/GC Games).. but with basic errors like that, I think he'll get the boot after this season.

reminds me of "wicky" olarenshaw

Tony Shaw's favourite lines are when he is asked a question like

"Player X is a really pivotal player to their structure"... Shaw always starts off with "No doubt"

And also - any player under the age of 20, that has done something good or looks a handy type... "He's going to be a 10year player for this footy club" - Shaw always chimes in with.

Like a broken record.

Was it last night or Thursday night, during the entire half time break, Richo kept calling it "Three Quarter Time".

And that strange stagger from Carey last night: "Yeah so what I think.....wait...what? Who am I talking to again? Is it......it's Jude Bolton is it? Oh...um...ok...So..er...Jude...."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

may or may not belong here.

t. lynch interviewed by ro connolly on sen tonight. asked what the suns were focusing on for the rest of the year:

- contested ball
- winning the hard ball
- contested ball
- as i said earlier winning the hard ball

asked about carlton next round, who are more attacking now, and how to tackle them:
- carlton good team
- they're in good form recently
- win the hard ball, like i said earlier
- get contested ball
- use outside players like bennell on the fast surface at etihad

Scott Lucas was on SEN pronouncing "Woodward" phonetically, as in, "Wood-Wah'd". When the other guys laughed at him, he tried to justify it by saying, "but look how it's spelled: 'w', 'a', 'r', 'd', 'Wood-wahed'". :D

that was funny. even ox was taking the piss out of him. that speaks volumes

Mick Malthouse last night didn't seem sure if it was a "gallant" effort or a "valiant" effort from the Blues...

"It was a galliant effort from the boys"
Ha. I haven't heard that one from the philosophy-reading "genius". :p Add that to his: "mediocrassy", "comrardy-ship", and "it's a mute point".
I reckon Eric Bana's coach character on Full Frontal was a send-up of Mick

Last edited:
Eddie McGuire would pronounce "Masten" differently each time he got the ball on Saturday and quite often in the same breath. I wonder if it's just a subconscious thing because it was uncanny.

Noticed this as well.

It reminded me of the rugby league call from The 12th Man where they couldn't decide how to pronounce the surname "Renouf" and ended up saying that "if you run off Renouf often enough you'll score tries!".

Garry Lyon constantly says "dunt" replacing the words "Don't or Doesn't" - so irritating it is, say the word properly or shut up. He is overrated massively in terms of his expert commentary on Triple M.

Garry Lyon constantly says "dunt" replacing the words "Don't or Doesn't" - so irritating it is, say the word properly or shut up. He is overrated massively in terms of his expert commentary on Triple M.
Don't get me started on this cashed-up bogan. :p

He goes to the trouble of pronouncing "answer" as "arnswer", like a fancy person (even though he sometimes to say it the hoity-toity way), and does the same with "demarnd", etc, but then, as you suggest, he speaks like a bogan the rest of the time. For 'exarmple', he pronounces "flown" and "blown" as "flowin" and "blowin", and he pronounces the "t" in "often". I'm not sure about that last one, but "off-tin" sounds bogan-ish to me.

It's farkin annoying when yobbos like him (he's from Kyabram, FFS) get in the media and think they have to try to sound smarter by talking like a Toorak housewife: "charnce, advarnce", etc, etc.

He also says "any way, shape or form" every five minutes.

Having said all that, I really like the funny stuff he does on Triple M with Spud, et al :p

Wayne Carey also works hard (I can hear his brain ticking over) to say "I don't know" properly, instead of "I dunno"; the same with "going to" (instead of gunna), but he does his fair share of English-mangling the rest of the time

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back