VFL VFL Final - Sandringham v Port. Sat 6th Sept 2.10pm @ North Port Oval. Broadcast on ABC.

Remove this Banner Ad

QUOTE="hayes, post: 34904361, member: 56724"]Requested a trade back to SA about a week ago.[/QUOTE]
True, but the saints did say he was either eligible to play, or would play.

I have to agree with samm. Couldnt he play for the zebs.
could be a case of didn't get selected. A Sandy listed players playing really well and Milera has been out for a while and potentially not training a lot due to being in SA. I would question selecting him personally and being finals and that he is leaving Sandy aren't exactly forced to play him.

Milera would walk into any VFL side.

Would be in the best 8 in that team.... He has the ability to change a game at that level .... Sometimes he toys with opponents, like Stevie J does at League level.

I reckon he's gone back to SA

Who's bagging him?... Questions have been asked, as to why a contracted player is not selected?

How do you know he's in SA ATM?

Has it been communicated....

Who's bagging him?... Questions have been asked, as to why a contracted player is not selected?

How do you know he's in SA ATM?

Has it been communicated....

http://www.saints.com.au/news/2014-08-28/milera

Also, people in the know, such as thunda, have explained that he's back home for personal reasons. But you keep trying to dig further into somebody else's private life, m'okay?

Guessing Milera's gone home to SA, hasn't played for a while anyway so not worth naming IMO.
No Murdoch or Curren which is surprising. Especially Murdoch he tore it up in vfl last game he played.

Curren didn't qualify for for finals mate.

Here's the teams;

PORT.MELBOURNE

B: Mascitti Noonan Tynan
HB: Magner Sandilands Wooffindin
C: Davies T.O'Sullivan Lange
HF: Valenti Pleming Marigliani
F: Connors Bonaddio Michaliades
R: Robinson Baird Cain
Int: Langford, Rowe, Fanning, T.Johnston, S.O'Sullivan, Johnson
Henderson, Gordon, Hogan*

SANDRINGHAM

B: Munro Simpkin Shenton
HB: Shakallis Le Grice* Roberton
C: Banfield Ross Cook
HF:Saunders Dunell Ong
F: Pierce White Dennis-Lane
R: Holmes Cockie Minchington
Int: McTaggart, Plostins, Zijai, Flanagan, Verma, Kreymborg,
Weickhardt, Wright, Noone

Much stiffer test awaits for Sandringham who defeated a depleted Collingwood.

Be interesting to see how Minchington fairs against the big, bruising bodies of Port.

No Murdoch. Injured? Too many Saints players?

Surely Wright, if fit, will sneak in.

Interview with Sandringham Development Coach Matt Embling ahead of the big clash.

1. The turnaround since the 129-point defeat by Geelong in round 15 has been incredible. With the Zebras season looking dead and buried heading into the bye, what have you seen as major factor(s) in the turnaround?

Matt Embling: The boys have been fantastic since the Geelong game. There is a real strong resolve within the playing group to give it their collective best for the remaining games of the year. The Werribee game shortly after was a fantastic team effort, which catapulted the team into the 2014 finals series. We know if we can replicate that work rate and effort we can do well at the pointy end of the season.

Read entire interview - http://www.truezebras.com/finals-week-2-port-melbourne-vs-sandringham-match-details/

Here's the teams;

PORT.MELBOURNE

B: Mascitti Noonan Tynan
HB: Magner Sandilands Wooffindin
C: Davies T.O'Sullivan Lange
HF: Valenti Pleming Marigliani
F: Connors Bonaddio Michaliades
R: Robinson Baird Cain
Int: Langford, Rowe, Fanning, T.Johnston, S.O'Sullivan, Johnson
Henderson, Gordon, Hogan*

SANDRINGHAM

B: Munro Simpkin Shenton
HB: Shakallis Le Grice* Roberton
C: Banfield Ross Cook
HF:Saunders Dunell Ong
F: Pierce White Dennis-Lane
R: Holmes Cockie Minchington
Int: McTaggart, Plostins, Zijai, Flanagan, Verma, Kreymborg,
Weickhardt, Wright, Noone

Much stiffer test awaits for Sandringham who defeated a depleted Collingwood.

Be interesting to see how Minchington fairs against the big, bruising bodies of Port.

No Murdoch. Injured? Too many Saints players?

Surely Wright, if fit, will sneak in.

Murdoch is injured and Wright is OK to play

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Persevering S

That is a really rude response... For two reasons

1-the article you posted made made NO mention that he HAS returned and in fact mentions he was available to play?
If you know why he isn't playing with concrete knowledge, please tell?

2- I'm asking a question as to why he isn't playing football... Not digging into his private life.

If someone declares fact that he's left StK and Melbourne then fair enough... Truth is that HAS not been confirmed

Persevering S

That is a really rude response... For two reasons

1-the article you posted made made NO mention that he HAS returned and in fact mentions he was available to play?
If you know why he isn't playing with concrete knowledge, please tell?

2- I'm asking a question as to why he isn't playing football... Not digging into his private life.

If someone declares fact that he's left StK and Melbourne then fair enough... Truth is that HAS not been confirmed

It was on the AFL website as well as the Saints website.

http://www.saints.com.au/news/2014-08-28/milera

It HAS been confirmed, apparently. For a week now.

Curren didn't qualify for for finals mate.
Oh ok. Thought I read that somewhere.
Also not bagging Milera at all. Fully understand that he has personal reasons for his absence and wish him all the best. Just expressing my view that Sandy guys have been playing very well and didnt think Milera was necessarily a walk up starter after an injury/personal layoff.

Wright playing for sure, no booze and left early ;) prob see you down there stkildathunda where is the tree on the hill at north port? Hehe

Haha not sure mate I've never been to North Port before!! But yeah I'll be there somewhere, probably near the bench.

St Luke

How can you type HAS in capitals and follow it with apparently?

Article mentions
End of season?
Available at Sandy?

It DOES NOT indicate he has already left... Nor has Maister, he retired 6 weeks ago and is heeding back to WA at seasons end... Saw him with a clip board at Sandy two weeks ago.

We are paying $4.75 today!! :eek:

Goodluck recognizing Cam Shenton!! :p

Dan Connors out for Port!!

I don't know about you guys, but I can't wait to see Simpkin hurt some people. :mad:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back