VFL VFL Final - Sandringham v Port. Sat 6th Sept 2.10pm @ North Port Oval. Broadcast on ABC.

Remove this Banner Ad

The Sandringham butterfingers is a more apt name. The amount of missed tackles and inability to control the ball is appalling.

That pretty much sums up the day...
Zebs player going for a mark in front of goal, gets shoved in the back and can't get it. No free.
Someone runs after the ball, hits a Port player on the shoulder with his hip as he runs past, and the Port player jerks his head back like he's playing for an academy award. Free.

Oh well, still some decent signs for the side.

Serious question. Given that Port is actually a non-affiliate team that's got it right, and has big bodies, etc - how do you think they'd go with the team they have out there, in the AFL? They'd beat us? Melbourne? GWS? How far up the ladder do you think they'd go?

The main reason I ask, is just to give us a better guage of how good/bad we are.

Serious question. Given that Port is actually a non-affiliate team that's got it right, and has big bodies, etc - how do you think they'd go with the team they have out there, in the AFL? They'd beat us? Melbourne? GWS? How far up the ladder do you think they'd go?

The main reason I ask, is just to give us a better guage of how good/bad we are.
Let's not forget they're full of players that aren't AFL quality, and haven't set the world on fire in the finals lately when AFL teams load up their reserves. With both teams at full strength even we would comprehensively flog them.

Haircut and beard trim!!
Does that mean we cant call him the Panther anymore????
hes gone from this
images

to this
Mr-Bigglesworth.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seb Ross 23 disposals, 4 tackles, 3 marks
Darren Michington 17 disposals, 7 tackles, 1 mark, 2 goals
Josh Saunders 17 disposals, 3 tackles, 5 marks
James Munro 16 dispsoals, 8 tackles, 4 marks
Myke Cook 16 dispsoals, 2 tackles, 2 marks
Kenny Ong 14 disposals, 2 tackles, 3 marks, 2 goals
Sam Dunell 17 disposals, 4 marks, 2 goals

There are some of the stats of the better players. If have time will post more but nothing too spectacular.

At half time frees were 8 to Port, 3 to Sandy.
At games end frees were 15 to Port, 10 to Saandy. Both got 7 frees in second half. Overall umpies missed heaps for Sandy, hardly any for Port.

Well, it just goes to show that regardless of the AFL talent, it is difficult to beat a settled team.

Pt gel as a team with question. despite Saints players added, the poor Sandy team is just as unsettled as a team full of injuries. This is the major downside to the alignment as i see it.

On paper we looked superior but in reality we were the weaker team despite being the more talented list.

Same reason why i don't view this year as badly as others. Due to injuries, we had one of the most unsettled teams in recent history... probably since 2007.

If the Saints listed players had played all year for Sandy and their team was settled, they would probably have finished in the top 3.

Not a bad effort from the Zebras hopefully they will improve a bit more next year.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back