2nds VFL Round 3 - Geelong v Box Hill, Simonds Stadium, 6:00PM Saturday 19 April

Remove this Banner Ad

dazbroncos do we have the technology to watch Motlop's return OS?

Not expecting , just hoping , just getting a little over these guys who are always injured

He should be back training soon though. Probably 2 or 3 weeks away, then another month or so getting match fitness back into him as he has pretty much had no pre-season.

Box Hill Hawks

B Duryea Lake Litherland
HB Kelly Brand Wanganeen
C Hartung Langford Ross
HF Webster Schoenmakers Sicily
F O'Brien Ceglar Grimley
R B. McEvoy Hallahan Anderson
Int Walker* Wood Tobin
O'Donnell Andrews Mirra
Lawlor Iles Murphy
Gordon Lock Heatherley
Kennedy
Based on the named team from tonight the bolded players will likely be lining up for the Hawks side on Monday arvo.
Langford will be playing Monday 100%. Duryea unlikely to be dropped but a chance if Lake is actually ready (which I don't think he is). McEvoy is a >95% chance to play Monday (it will be Ceglar or McEvoy). Hallahan likely replacement for the injured Shiels. :thumbsu:

He should be back training soon though. Probably 2 or 3 weeks away, then another month or so getting match fitness back into him as he has pretty much had no pre-season.

Which likely means after a couple of VFL games depending on form, might be available for senior duty about round 16, but then maybe not.
And would he make a difference anyway, probably not.

Last edited:
dazbroncos do we have the technology to watch Motlop's return OS?
No that I'm aware of…

Will have the radio stream for sure… Unless its on ABC live or similar and some fan of fishing tells about their stream….

Go Catters

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No that I'm aware of…

Will have the radio stream for sure… Unless its on ABC live or similar and some fan of fishing tells about their stream….

Go Catters

Good luck, hope someone can share it if a stream is about.

Which likely means after a couple of VFL games depending on form, might be available for senior duty about round 16, but then maybe not.
And would he make a difference anyway, probably not.

I think he can make a massive difference. A lot of people are saying that because he has played 0 senior games he is a write-off.
Well, that's true but he could also be fantastic. We just don't know yet. But dominating VFL last year (except for the GF) and the skills he has shows me that he could be very handy considering Vardy is down, Walker is struggling to make an impact at senior level, and Brown has a short-term ankle issue which is probably only a couple of weeks really (but has been pretty good so far this year). Hawkins, Brown and Kersten could be a solid forward line. It will take time though, and they want to get games into Brown and Kersten. Scotty named Kersten Emergency in the Hawks PF last year, and was incredibly close for selection about 3 other times last year but had niggling injuries. So they obviously want to get senior games into him, and have faith in his ability.

B: Jed Bews, Jake Kolodjashnij, Jesse Stringer
HB: Jackson Thurlow, Joel Hamling, Corey Enright
C: Jarrad Jansen, Jackson Sheringham, Steven Motlop
HF: Bradley Hartman, Josh Walker, Dominic Gleeson (c)
F: James Toohey, Mitchell Brown, Darcy Lang
R: Dawson Simpson, George Horlin-Smith, Jordan Schroder
I/C: Michael Luxford, Matthew Sully, James Linton, Mitch Herbison, Jack Hollmer, Chris Lynch, Tom Maas, Daniel Gibbs, Daniel Measures, Luke Bath, Cameron Tudor, Kieren Paliouras, Fraser Fort (23rd Player)

Good to see Motlop back (obviously). Will be a pretty different side to the one that played the GF last year, big test for some of the new VFL recruits.

Liking the look of that spine! :thumbsu:

I think he can make a massive difference. A lot of people are saying that because he has played 0 senior games he is a write-off.
Well, that's true but he could also be fantastic. We just don't know yet. But dominating VFL last year (except for the GF) and the skills he has shows me that he could be very handy considering Vardy is down, Walker is struggling to make an impact at senior level, and Brown has a short-term ankle issue which is probably only a couple of weeks really (but has been pretty good so far this year). Hawkins, Brown and Kersten could be a solid forward line. It will take time though, and they want to get games into Brown and Kersten. Scotty named Kersten Emergency in the Hawks PF last year, and was incredibly close for selection about 3 other times last year but had niggling injuries. So they obviously want to get senior games into him, and have faith in his ability.

We all hope so, but many on here had him leading the charge from Rd 1 not so long ago, wild imaginations.
Glad you mentioned he has played 0 senior games, he's going to need a season just to find his feet in AFL footy, that's if he's good enough, then after that we might know something about him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back