VicPol.

Remove this Banner Ad

Not VicPol, but interesting anyway.
How the courts could actually downgrade the original sentence, which I think was inadequate anyway, is fairly stunning.
Hopefully the appeal will restore justice.
And how the F is this guy still on full pay? Appeal or not, he has been convicted of a crime. The most heinous of crimes in fact. Using protected information to help a woman abuser continue to abuse.

i know about WA but I would assume qld is much the same if not more - the police union has significant power with gov'ts of any persuasion. If someone working at the police dept leaked information they would be sacked.... but rules are different for cops.

You would hope the courts understand what the public want to happen to this person.
A lengthy incarceration. No excuses, no “I was on drugs” or “I had a terrible childhood”.
Time for the courts to understand people are accountable for their actions and there are no valid excuses.

I'm surprised that they only mentioned the fine for the health thing.... maybe they havent got to charging him for assault or whatever the technical term is for endangering someone's life.

Ah, the Trump “we are doing great” argument.
No, aboriginals in custody do not die “less often” in custody.
In fact they did at a rate of ;

If you take more indigenous people into custody (as a proportion of all indigenous), then if you kill half the indigenous and half the non-indigenous, you will end up with a higher proportion of indigenous compared to the total indigenous population..

for example.........10 black guys and 10 white guys on a corner..... you put 6 of the black guys in jail and 2 of the white guys....and then kill half of each group, you will end up killing 3 black guys and 1 white guy. It will be a higher proportion of black guys killed, but both groups will have 50% death rate in custody.

You do realise that aboriginals die in custody less often than white people right? You do understand that? No I'm not happy with police knees on throats, what a dumb argument. If you pull a knife on cops and try to stab them, they are well within their right to use lethal force to protect themselves from dying.

I remember being on a jury. A big kid had bashed a smaller kid who had hit the big kid with a stick causing him to bleed from the head.... the big kid withdrew to check himself out and then went back and bashed the small kid.....and cited self-defence..... the jury actually said not guilty but they were wrong. The big kid was guilty because he had other alternatives.

the reason i mention that is that people (maybe cops too) can only use sufficient force that approximates the force against them. If someone comes at you with a knife and you can retreat to a car and lock the doors, then you cant cite self defence after you shot the person. Of course, US cops dont have such rules and it's fast becoming that here in Aust.

I remember being on a jury. A big kid had bashed a smaller kid who had hit the big kid with a stick causing him to bleed from the head.... the big kid withdrew to check himself out and then went back and bashed the small kid.....and cited self-defence..... the jury actually said not guilty but they were wrong. The big kid was guilty because he had other alternatives.

the reason i mention that is that people (maybe cops too) can only use sufficient force that approximates the force against them. If someone comes at you with a knife and you can retreat to a car and lock the doors, then you cant cite self defence after you shot the person. Of course, US cops dont have such rules and it's fast becoming that here in Aust.

“why didn’t u just retreat and lock the car door?”

“I was scared that if i turned around, or tried to run away and fell that I would be killed from behind, also even if I made it to the car he could easily broke the windows and stab me, using lethal force was reasonable because my life was in genuine danger”

You don’t even have to be in danger yourself, if you see a man pull a knife on your wife in a side alley I would shoot and it would be legally justified.

“I was scared that if i turned around, or tried to run away and fell that I would be killed from behind, also even if I made it to the car he could easily broke the windows and stab me, using lethal force was reasonable because my life was in genuine danger”

You don’t even have to be in danger yourself, if you see a man pull a knife on your wife in a side alley I would shoot and it would be legally justified.

you know what i meant.

and if you want cops to be so dismissive of human life, then hold off for a few years until i'm extinguished and you can roll along into the same society that the US has got going... be my guest

you know what i meant.

and if you want cops to be so dismissive of human life, then hold off for a few years until i'm extinguished and you can roll along into the same society that the US has got going... be my guest

maybe cops in the us would be less trigger happy if they didn’t get shot at or stabbed as often....

in terms of valuing human life, I’ll always value my own life over some psycho who is pulling a knife on me, if you think that’s immoral then we can agree to disagree.

Strong probability you would shoot your wife or shoot yourself.

maybe cops in the us would be less trigger happy if they didn’t get shot at or stabbed as often....

in terms of valuing human life, I’ll always value my own life over some psycho who is pulling a knife on me, if you think that’s immoral then we can agree to disagree.

i suppose that's what that guy in florida was thinking when an asian guy knocked on his door asking for directions and was shot dead by the guy because he said that he was scared....and yes we disagree

i suppose that's what that guy in florida was thinking when an asian guy knocked on his door asking for directions and was shot dead by the guy because he said that he was scared....and yes we disagree

Did the asian guy pull a knife on him? if not then it really has absolutely no relevance to what we were talking about...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

it's a hypothetical to show that you can kill someone in self defence without you yourself actually being in any danger, the people involved or the location are entirely irrelevant.

It sounds like a weird and unrealistic fantasy situation you have dream up for what ever reason.

You would be in danger. You would highly like face significant charges greater than the armed offender.

It sounds like a weird and unrealistic fantasy situation you have dream up for what ever reason.

You would be in danger. You would highly like face significant charges greater than the armed offender.

So you would be a murderer if you shot someone about to stab another person in broad daylight near you?

"If there's not deadly force being perpetrated on someone else at that time, an officer may have the opportunity to have cover distance and time to use a Taser."
"But if those things are not present, and there's an active assault going on in which someone could lose their life, the officer can use their firearm to protect that third person," he added."

So you would be a murderer if you shot someone about to stab another person in broad daylight near you?

"If there's not deadly force being perpetrated on someone else at that time, an officer may have the opportunity to have cover distance and time to use a Taser."
"But if those things are not present, and there's an active assault going on in which someone could lose their life, the officer can use their firearm to protect that third person," he added."

LMAO are you a fantasy police officer now?

We're trying to have an adult discussion about what constitutes self defence, and here you are giggling like a child thinking every example used to prove a point is a fantasy :think:.

Do you even understand what the topic is?

Yep you think you can shoot someone down an alley. What kind of firearm do you carry>

Yep you think you can shoot someone down an alley. What kind of firearm do you carry>

Once again you get bogged down in a hypothetical which is used to prove a point, not BE the point.

I don't care about shooting someone in an alley, the specifics don't matter, the point is that you are allowed to shoot someone to protect another person even if you are not in danger... Do you get that yet?

Once again you get bogged down in a hypothetical which is used to prove a point, not BE the point.

I don't care about shooting someone in an alley, the specifics don't matter, the point is that you are allowed to shoot someone to protect another person even if you are not in danger... Do you get that yet?

It was your fantasy I mean "hypothetical" about the alley...

Also in what state are you permitted to carry a firearm? I would suggest that the specifics regarding shooting someone would definitely matter....

It was your fantasy I mean "hypothetical" about the alley...

Also in what state are you permitted to carry a firearm? I would suggest that the specifics regarding shooting someone would definitely matter....

So you’re that one kid who wants to know all the details in a hypothetical example where the details are all made up and the specifics don’t matter... Waiting for Drew Carey to show up...

next you’ll be clarifying if the alley was cobblestone or concrete, and what direction the wind was blowing...:think:

So you’re that one kid who wants to know all the details in a hypothetical example where the details are all made up and the specifics don’t matter... Waiting for Drew Carey to show up...

next you’ll be clarifying if the alley was cobblestone or concrete, and what direction the wind was blowing...:think:

Your the one who made up a hypothetical example of shooting someone in a dark alley with good vision, not too close to your wife, happen to have a gun, be a policeman and your being critical of me?

The specifics of the action and scenario will determine the outcome of the incident you do realise? The 'nah mate it was defence" excuse doesn't really work in the manner which you suggested....

Oh yeah I was most definitely that kid by the way, your pretty ignorant if you're suggesting its a bad thing....

It's called reasonable force. A police officer by law in Victoria can shoot the offender if they feel their own life is at risk or if they feel another person's life is at risk.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back