Vlastuin in the middle

Remove this Banner Ad

He wants to play inside mid not HB. As i understood it in tandem with Martin changing with Grigg. TBH not sure of the game time split he has had at doing that so far this year. Suggest he may get disillusioned if he isn't getting this opportunity.

We don't need a defender to replace him, last I checked with Rance, Chaplin, Batchelor, Astbury, Morris and Houli we have 6. Ellis, Hunt and McIntosh all have the fitness to assist running the ball out of defence.

Vlastuin to the middle
Conca to the middle when fit.
Foley to the middle.
C.Ellis to the middle when ready.

This is what we are missing... We played against Melbourne with Lloyd, Gordon, McDonough, Arnot, Drummond... don't really care what position they played on the day but they are all small forwards. A couple may be able to add midfield string to their bows over their careers like edwards has but really none are AFL ready yet.

So we pretty much played Melbourne with Cotchin, Miles, Martin (who is half a midfielder these days), S.Edwards, Grigg (run with player), Hunt (run with player).... That's a very underwhelming midfield especially in the tackling and pressure department. We are desperate for inside grunt.

You add Tuck and Jackson to that midfield and we don't lose round 2 or 4.

Maybe swapping with Miles(both slow), but I think Vlas's spot is a tough quality hbf, needs to rebound more though.

We miss both Jackson and Tuck.......as they provided the big body to protect our blue ribbon mids.

How many players have we had in the past decade that would be called "warriors"?

Matty Boyd ripped us up. Nathan Jones ripped us up.

God I miss Jackson.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He sure as **** isn't a half back.

Kid burst onto the scene like a star and we've ruined him. Can be salvaged, but right now he's not the same player.

Needs a new coach. He should be played full time in the middle. Big body, goes in hard, good skills and has leadership potential.

Why, why, why is he in the backline watching goals fly over his head?

Dimma has lost the ******* plot.

Get in Matthew Knights.

Needs a new coach. He should be played full time in the middle. Big body, goes in hard, good skills and has leadership potential.

Why, why, why is he in the backline watching goals fly over his head?

Dimma has lost the ******* plot.

Get in Matthew Knights.

I'd cop that.... all out attack and a Richmond person to boot.... although a person who played through the crap as well....

Kid burst onto the scene like a star and we've ruined him. Can be salvaged, but right now he's not the same player.
playing with injury and slipping over a lot too probably strapping related as he would get carved up. prob needs a week or two off but we cant afford it at the moment.

playing with injury and slipping over a lot too probably strapping related as he would get carved up. prob needs a week or two off but we cant afford it at the moment.
You're talking as if we have something to lose

No point putting Vlaus in the middle till we get a proper midfield coach. I have no idea why its degraded so bad but in the last we set up our mids with only 3 in the guts and 2 defensive side but they were to far back, it happened 3 times in the last and they scored 3 goals.

This is %100 true.

He was a better player when he came to the club, than he is now.

So wasted down back. It doesn't suit his skillset at all.

Next captain in my opinion, let's not wreck / lose him.

No point putting Vlaus in the middle till we get a proper midfield coach. I have no idea why its degraded so bad but in the last we set up our mids with only 3 in the guts and 2 defensive side but they were to far back, it happened 3 times in the last and they scored 3 goals.

Brendan Lade ;)

In all seriousness our midfield has gone backwards since we moved Campbell on from that job after 2012. Maybe Wayne wanted a different career path or who knows but he had Cotchin, Lids and Grigg playing their best ever football.

I'd love for us to go get Mark Neeld, was instrumental in the development of Collingwoods mids like Beams, Thomas, Sidebottom and Pendlebury for their 2010 and 11 seasons.

It's ridiculous that our midfield coach, was a ruckman, albeit a very good one.

Edit: Actually that isn't true, our 'spread' coach is a bloke called Mark Williams (not Chocco), who came from Melbourne. Anyone know anything about him?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back