MVP Votes round 23 vs Port

Remove this Banner Ad

5./ Neale
4./ Pearce
3./ Dawson
2./ Mayne
1./ Mzungu.

BYB./ Taberner.
Oh, Fred. Second best on ground, seriously? Surely you have an agenda. :rolleyes:

Perfectly fine. I deal with people who have NFI every day.

hehehe - I'm just teasing. :thumbsu:

But I must say that Kenny_01 is one voice to whom I listen closely, and have done in the umpteen bezillion years that I have been frequenting BF. When Kenny posts, I take note. :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

hehehe - I'm just teasing. :thumbsu:

But I must say that Kenny_01 is one voice to whom I listen closely, and have done in the umpteen bezillion years that I have been frequenting BF. When Kenny posts, I take note. :)
Yeah, Kenny goes alright. I'm not sure what his motivation is on this particular occasion, but I'm not going to question it.

No ulterior motive in my votes although I did toss up where to put D Pearce in my votes. Neale got a lot of possessions and was good in tight and lead up to the ball quite well. He also cost us a couple of goals though with poor defensive play. Pearce however (without looking at the stats) I think was clean in his ball handling for once and didn't try his dinky kicks which have often led to turnovers in the past. If you have a look at a lot of our scores counter attacking, Pearce would have been involved in quite a few. His kicks were long and precise and he would have had the most metres gained for the side.

I'm watching the replay as we speak and on second viewing, I'd have Walters in the votes if I were to redo them.

And thanks IP for the kind words :)

Pretty even again:

3 Neale
2 Barlow
2 Mayne
2 Mzungu
2 Pavlich
1 Walters
1 Ballantyne
1 Taberner
1 Spurr

BYB: Taberner

5.Neale
4.Mayne...and to think some people wanted him dropped from the team......talken about NFI
3.Sandilands
1.Mzungu
1.Walters
1.Ballas

BYB Tabs

5 Tendai
4 Lachie
3 The Mayne man
2 Balla
1 The best kick in the side;), Daniels my brother Pearce
I know this is here for me, so I'll bite.

1. If Danyle were truly your brother you would know how to spell his name.
2. The Daniel in that song is blind. I'll just leave it at that.
3. I have noted that not everybody has Danyle in their votes.

5. Lachie Neale- best mid under 180cms in the comp.
4. Lee Spurr- best game this year, plays well in big games
3. SonSon- the king of Bushby Street, if we win the flag he's the one who will have made the difference.
2. Sutty- he's a gun this bloke.
1. Duffman- never missed a target the whole day.

I know this is here for me, so I'll bite.

1. If Danyle were truly your brother you would know how to spell his name.
2. The Daniel in that song is blind. I'll just leave it at that.
3. I have noted that not everybody has Danyle in their votes.

I thought the Daniel in Elton's ode was dead as is Pearce to you
He is in some of the more enlightened votes because we love pissing you off;)

I thought the Daniel in Elton's ode was dead as is Pearce to you
No. Blinded from an injury suffered in the Vietnam war. The line "Your eyes have died, but you see more than I" always reminds me of my brother.
He is in some of the more enlightened votes because we love pissing you off;)
Fair enough. I guess I do more than my fair share of that.

I was just going through the write up in the paper and noticed that Pearce only had 73% TOG. In fact only Crozier (sub), Suban (subbed out) and Barlow (injury restriction and stuck on the bench in the last 3.5 minutes) had less time on the ground. Surely if he's as potent a weapon as people say he is, Ross would want him on the ground the majority of the time.

Loved watching the replay of that game, was very high standard, lots of players stood up at different times so it's hard to do the votes. I'll go:

3. Neale - probably the most consistent player on the day
3. Mayne - he was so important in creating pressure right through the ground. Work rate was massive
2. Mzungu - as with Mayne, he worked so hard up and down the ground. Was a match saver in many ways
2. Pav - in and out of the game, but was vital in the 2nd quarter where we started to impose ourselves on the game

I'm going to give a few to the back half who made Port's scoring difficult despite a good number of inside 50's. Against a team that can score heavily, I thought they were vital
1. Dawson - Very important given our lack of tall backs. I had to take a few votes away when he let Schultz off the leash a couple of times (it wasn't always due to lack of help). But overall his game was great
1. Duffield - Had a bad moment when Wingard made him look silly, but overall he had a good game in the back half.
1. Sutty - worked hard, defends well.
1. Spurr - physical presence, and had to work with ball in hand a bit too.
1. Ibbo - intercept marking was back and vital, especially with MJ essentially useless for good parts of that game.

Lots of unluckies:
Sandi, and Mundy were very important in certain parts of the game. Barlow as good too and probably deserves a vote.

As for the Pearce debate - I thought he had a good game too. Was the relatively clean with the ball and he certainly works hard, but couldn't squeeze him into my votes, but could see why some would.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back