MVP Votes vs Freo

Remove this Banner Ad

3. Harvey
2. Tarrant
1. Atley

HM: Waite, Cunnington & Swallow

Tarrant-3 was great in the second half.
Boomer-2 should not be able to do what he is doing at 37
Cunnington-1 hard around the ball all day.

HM, Brown, Waite, Swallow.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

3: Brown - He presented ALL day. IMO he was our most consistent performer, even though he had two guys holding onto him half the time. Took 4 contested marks, kicked 2 goals and contributed to others.

2: Taz - Did what we KNOW he can do. Bounced back from some adversity in recent weeks, gathered several intercept marks, and was great with his kicking out of defence. He played as a better spare than Lachie did, AND had a player to mind.

1: Jacobs - Fyfe had almost no influence on the game. That's nothing to be sneezed at. I noticed he also had other Freo players getting very physical with him and pushing/pulling/blocking him trying to stop him from containing Fyfe. He still did his job.

HM:
Boomer - Tagged, kicked 4 goals and IMO even more importantly realised he ****ed up by not competing for that one mark and then 2 minutes later he jumped higher than I've ever seen him and almost intercepted a kick out of defence.

Wright - used to be a time that screwing up a couple of times would shatter Wright mentally, He (and the coach) have the confidence he can bring himself back into the game which is exactly what he did.

Swallow&Cunnington - Did their job after quarter time to great effect.

Atley - Did a few of the things we know he can do. Looks to be hitting his straps in preparation for finals.

3: Cunnington
2: Swallow
1: Harvey

HM: Tarrant, Goldstein, Jacobs, Atley, Brown, Waite, almost everyone else.

Not enough love for the skipper on here

3: Swallow (my thoughts on his game are evident in his player thread. Was battered by his opponents but bounced back every time. Inspirational)
2: Taz (Our best defender at the moment. Thank Christ he is down there because Lachie and Scooter have been ordinary)
1: Waite (toss-up between him and Browny, but he was very good when it mattered)

Stiff: Brown, Cunners and Atley were next in line in my book. Goldy was great too, but the ignorant ones will only look at the stats and not overall impact and the context of his performance.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back