Wade has a fractured collarbone

Remove this Banner Ad

I guess it depends what they mean by "broken". If it's just a small hairline fracture or something, it might not keep him out for long.

Would be interesting, if he's out for an extended time, who is picked as the ODI keeper.

I guess it depends what they mean by "broken". If it's just a small hairline fracture or something, it might not keep him out for long.

Would be interesting, if he's out for an extended time, who is picked as the ODI keeper.

Who would you back in to take the gloves ?

I guess it depends what they mean by "broken". If it's just a small hairline fracture or something, it might not keep him out for long..
Good point. I'll change the title to "fractured". I was going by the radio and Twitter reports before I read the article properly. However, it sounds like they're still not sure how bad it is

The modern day WA supporters are worse than the old school Victorian ones. Whiteman, please. 62 runs at 15 in the matador and a career average of 22 with a strike rate in the 60s and they are pushing him up for Australian selection.
Who are the other options? Nevill averages around the same. Paine? Dunk?

Whoever we choose will be dead average.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't see the point of Nevill in the ODI team. May as well give a young guy like Whiteman, who may grow into a good 50 over player, a shot.
I don't see the point of putting Whiteman in the ODI side yet (at least during the home summer). There's a long way until the next WC, he can come in two years from now without jeopardising his WC preparation. In the meantime he is are better off in the Shield, doing long form work.
That said the early ODIs are on while the BBL is on, so I guess bringing him into the ODI set up then isn't a bad move.

The modern day WA supporters are worse than the old school Victorian ones. Whiteman, please. 62 runs at 15 in the matador and a career average of 22 with a strike rate in the 60s and they are pushing him up for Australian selection.

Most people on BigFooty wouldn't even watch the Matador Cup.

Whiteman's name is being thrown up because he is young, keeps well & strikes at 100+ in the Big Bash.

He's no different to any BigFooty test aspirant in that regard.

He would be batting at 8 though.

It'd be more an opportunity to blood him than anything else

I think this has proven that Wade is the standout ODI wicket keeper, can't think of any one else who really deserves the position.

Nevill couldn't get a game for the Renegades last year, Whiteman isn't really suited to the shorter forms, Hartley would be lucky to have a SR above 50, Ludeman is so bad it's not even funny and Dunk doesn't wicket keep. Would probably pick Dunk because of his matador form, but not sure how he would go against an old ball. Honestly wouldn't surprise me if they chose Ryan Carters.

Because with Faulkner back he'll bat at 8. You don't select your number 8 based on his batting

Personally I'd opt for Nevill though.

Ludeman-Raising-TNF.jpg

It's time.

How did Paine do in the Matador Cup? Seem to recall him getting some runs at some point.

If he's in decent nick, they may as well bring him in given he's got the international experience.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back