War talk

Remove this Banner Ad

Need to change the poll title: Will Hitler successfully invade Russia in 1941 :D

Thank God for the Brits or we would all be seriously ****** right now....

Not_Sure_If_Serious.jpg~c200

Thank God for The Russians first and foremost then the Yanks or we'd all be ******
Pfft! The yanks? They were nothing but a bunch of cowards who only decided to take up the fight after the fight was brought to them....

Great Britain held the world together when nobody else would!

Stan The Caddy post: 42672566 said:
Pfft! The yanks? They were nothing but a bunch of cowards who only decided to take up the fight after the fight was brought to them....

Great Britain held the world together when nobody else would!
Your knowledge of WW2 is quite poor but I shouldn't be surprised. The Brits only won one land battle against The Nazis before the Yanks got troops on the ground and that one victory came in North Africa in 1942 using Yank supplies. The only thing that saved Britain wasn't the supposed courage of their troops it was the English channel.

Your knowledge of WW2 is quite poor but I shouldn't be surprised. The Brits only won one land battle against The Nazis before the Yanks got troops on the ground and that one victory came in North Africa in 1942 using Yank supplies. The only thing that saved Britain wasn't the supposed courage of their troops it was the English channel.
No, it was their navy during the battle of Britain. That's what saved them.

And yes, the yanks are good at supplying weapons.... Just ask ISIS!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the role of both the Russians and Brits is being slightly overplayed here.
american-flag-2-1024x768.jpg

I'll ask you this.... If GB didn't hold the world up before America became involved who would have and would it have been enough? I strongly doubt it!
No probably not but it took our tank friends to finish it. And I can't imagine our British friends hanging around to finish off Hirohito.

To quote that great American philosopher - Foghorn Leghorn - re Lyon, "That, I say, that boy's just like a tattoo. Gets right under your skin."

No probably not but it took our tank friends to finish it. And I can't imagine our British friends hanging around to finish off Hirohito.
Yes, America had a role to play but it was no where near as noble or as visionary as the role that the UK played in WW2.

Where were America when so many European countries were being occupied? Where were they when war was declared on GB? They hid away trying to avoid as much confrontation as they could whilst other countries crumbled!!!

They're no bloody heroes to me!

Everyone knows the real answer is Italy. Sabotaged the German war effort from day 1. Boosts the Brits confidence after the disaster in France by jobbing it in North Africa probably gave them the will to fight on. Needed to get bailed out by Germany. Failed to invade Greece needed to be bailed out again by Germany. Ends with the battle of Crete. German paratrooper suffer such heavy casualties that the more or less abandon mass combat drops while similtaenously proving the effectiveness of them to the allies. Operation Barbarossa is delayed by 6 weeks ensuring that when the German army reaches Moscow it is heavily snowing which delays there encirclement of the city which provides enough time for the soviets to redeploy there forces from the Far East which saves the city. After losing in North Africa in 1943 Italy required to be bailed out again when it can't even effectively defend it's self.

Without Italy who knows how the war could have ended

Last edited by a moderator:
The Brits saved the world in ww2?
:confused:
Yes! They may not have "won" the war but they sure did save it.

If it wasn't for GB taking up so much of the Germans air force Russia may not have been able to hold as strongly as they did when the Germans invaded.... It was a tactical mistake to invade Russia when Germany did and we all have GB to thank for that!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back