Opinion Warren Tredrea - Court Case

Remove this Banner Ad

wgt

Senior List
Jun 19, 2023
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
its just embarassing that Tredrea was fired, you could have made an argument in the beginning but even from the start it was known by the government, medical people and industry that vaccination didnt give you immunity nor did it stop you from passing it on. If you believe the vax works then it was most probably worse in that you would have the feeling of well being while passing it on to the next bloke. The fact that governments back this stance is the real embarassment and then pressuring the judicial system to toe the line as well. No court is gonna agree with these facts because the moment they do then they are signing their career papers and the government will make sure they end up on the outer. The irony is in all this that the country that gave us this garbage (deliberate or unintentional) hasnt had one penalty placed against it in anyway shape or form. Instead every country has ran back to the communist utopia begging to please send us your supplies quickly and we wont mention the virus. Is this country and the west the most gullible society to ever walk the planet or what. They must be laughing their heads off in beijing watching the west come begging for their help and then to also double the price of their goods in the process for the honor of receiving those goods. Im pretty embrassed to be an Australian to be frank, its a joke and the jokes on us.

its just embarassing that Tredrea was fired, you could have made an argument in the beginning but even from the start it was known by the government, medical people and industry that vaccination didnt give you immunity nor did it stop you from passing it on. If you believe the vax works then it was most probably worse in that you would have the feeling of well being while passing it on to the next bloke. The fact that governments back this stance is the real embarassment and then pressuring the judicial system to toe the line as well. No court is gonna agree with these facts because the moment they do then they are signing their career papers and the government will make sure they end up on the outer. The irony is in all this that the country that gave us this garbage (deliberate or unintentional) hasnt had one penalty placed against it in anyway shape or form. Instead every country has ran back to the communist utopia begging to please send us your supplies quickly and we wont mention the virus. Is this country and the west the most gullible society to ever walk the planet or what. They must be laughing their heads off in beijing watching the west come begging for their help and then to also double the price of their goods in the process for the honor of receiving those goods. Im pretty embrassed to be an Australian to be frank, its a joke and the jokes on us.
Billy Madison Shut Up GIF

ecrolleyes.gif

BLOODY WELL SAID

Every TV news reporter in Adelaide must have been assigned to chasing Port Adelaide people around yesterday. They'll be cloning Elspeth before long.

That stumble rate comment is the biggest load of crap I've heard. Making that completely up should end up hurting your argument.

Yeah they have clearly made that up. He'd been at CH 9 for 8 or so years up to that point. Whilst Wazz was not the greatest auticue reader, neither was Tom Piotrovski! Maybe the No enforced shitty Vax No Job defence isn't as water tight as they thought. Can of worms could be opened up here and the lawyers will have a picnic.

“[Tredrea] I was a presenter who presented, found exclusive stories and distributed them to other workers who won media awards off the back of me.”

Mr Roberts replied: “Are you finished? What question of mine did you answer with that long monologue?”

pp,840x830-pad,1000x1000,f8f8f8.jpg

I can't comment on the merits of the case. I will just say that no-one should underestimate the power counsel has when cross-examining.

Also, looking at the still from that news piece, I went to primary school with Tredrea's silk.

Depends on contract clauses I would imagine.

Being employed by two companies, 5AA/nova and Nine/newscorp if theres a conflict of interest there or not to cause his dismissal. Then depends on length of gigs etc, as to likeliness of awareness if there was any reasoning for dismissal. Would think that would be a mutu discussion though.

Surprised they haven't gone with the "well he didn't turn up to work for a week and was therefore no longer considered an employee" route.

Yeah they have clearly made that up. He'd been at CH 9 for 8 or so years up to that point. Whilst Wazz was not the greatest auticue reader, neither was Tom Piotrovski! Maybe the No enforced shitty Vax No Job defence isn't as water tight as they thought. Can of worms could be opened up here and the lawyers will have a picnic.

Under cross examination Tredrea agreed that he had recieved performance review feedback on it.

Its perfectly plausible that he may not be as good at performing behind the newsdesk as he was on a footy field, although its also clear that his anti-vax stance - regardless of how its painted was the major factor in the dismissal.

Mr Roberts reminded Tredrea he had given a sworn affidavit saying he was “never made aware of performance issues”.

He said Tredrea’s annual performance reviews, emails between the network and his manager and discussions over his contract between 2018 and 2020 all mentioned “real concerns” about his “high stumble rate” on-air.
Tredrea said he “retracted” the word “never”, but insisted the issue played no role in his dismissal because Channel 9 offered him a further two-year contract.

He agreed he had used his social media to promote his wife’s yoga studio, but said Mr Pudney had spoken to him afterwards and “let it slide”.

He also agreed his manager had contacted him about his wife’s posts concerning “freedom rallies”, saying “this doesn’t help”.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wasn't a fan of his "stance" at the time but I think time has proven that he was correct in his personal views and actions

Not convinced a vaccine based mandate has any place in a workplace
But isn’t that the point? His stance at the time was against what every man and his dog was agreeing to do at the time. He made a choice which he was welcome to do - it just meant he was going against his employers wishes.

And before the antivax come at me, this isn’t about whether you should or shouldn’t get vaccinated it’s about his employer making a clear mandate. WGT had months to make decision.

Channel nine could have gone the other way and told anyone susceptible or older that they weren’t going to protect them from the Warrens but they chose to go with the majority.

It’s been fascinating as an expat watching this, in Asia old people simply died waiting for a vaccine, in the Middle East everyone lined up and had their vaccine as they couldn’t have entered a supermarket, hotel or mall without a green tick.

And again this isn’t a pro vax merely an observation of how different countries approached the same problem.

Bottom line WGT is a fit (reasonably) young individual who would breeze through covid which he knew so he made a decision for himself, channel nine made a decision for everyone so they could cover their butts.

I wasn't a fan of his "stance" at the time but I think time has proven that he was correct in his personal views and actions

Not convinced a vaccine based mandate has any place in a workplace

What? Plenty of workforces have mandatory vaccinations for things like hep C.

FFS he's not an anti vaxxer and the more we know about the vaccine and omicron he's made a reasonable personal choice and at the end of the day that's where it should have stopped for places like channel 9. I still don't understand the attitude of wanting the blood of others who didn't make the same choice. I took the vaccine, I then couldn't give a * if I ran into unvaccinated people because I had a vaccine, just like if I run into someone with Polio or Measles. What happened to him and others, losing their livelihood because they chose to not inject themselves is to far removed from what was the accepted societal norm before peak covid fear hit.
I am fully vaxxed, but have close family and relatives who like Tredders, while not being anti-vaxxers, made a strong stand with employers and other institutions over being forced to undergo a medical treatment that was barely trialled, and that they didn't want. I personally didn't agree with the stance, but I totally disagree with how they and Tredders were treated. I really hope that channel 9 are made to pay for this. The scare-mongering at the time was unbelievable, and to sack sometime in his industry over it was ridiculous!

FFS he's not an anti vaxxer and the more we know about the vaccine and omicron he's made a reasonable personal choice and at the end of the day that's where it should have stopped for places like channel 9. I still don't understand the attitude of wanting the blood of others who didn't make the same choice. I took the vaccine, I then couldn't give a * if I ran into unvaccinated people because I had a vaccine, just like if I run into someone with Polio or Measles. What happened to him and others, losing their livelihood because they chose to not inject themselves is to far removed from what was the accepted societal norm before peak covid fear hit.
Yes he made a personal choice and it was against channel nine’s policy so I agree it should have ended there where they parted ways. His choice.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back