Wasim Akram reborn

Remove this Banner Ad

Channel 9 reading this thread?

Nah, it has been a fairly obvious comparison for some time now. Both tall left armers that bowl quick and tend to knock over quite a few batsmen with their yorkers.
I did recognize the stats channel 9 had on tv were basically what I posted earlier in thread but plenty of keen cricket people would have been wondering at times where Starc strike rate fitted with some of past one day pace bowlers. I think Brett Lee had best strike rate maybe before this of anyone that played for decent amount of time. Be interesting to see if Starc can keep up that strike rate for many years to come.
On Wasim Akram, he was devastating to watch in the last World Cup here. Good to see Starc doing a decent job of reminding us how devastating this type of bowling can be. In a day where same big hitting went on it was good to see class bowling like Malinga and Starc show even batsmen with their eye in can still be slowed down. It is not easy though. de Villiers and Maxwell in particular can be a nightmare to bowl at no matter whom you are. Looking to quarter finals when I expect the bowling class of some guys will reign in some of big scores we been seeing simply by ability to get batsmen out.

The thing about Akram was that he could do whatever the hell he wanted with the ball, swinging it either way in any conditions. As awesome as Starc's homing inswinging yorkers are, he's not at that level yet. He's bowling damn well though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back