Roast 6 from 17. Despite Momentum We are REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY s**t - Warning includes club criticisms

When will Matthew Nicks be sacked?

• Before the end of 2022

• End of 2022

• Middle of 2023

• End of 2023

• Middle of 2024

• End of his contract (2024)

• He will last beyond his current contract

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Bottom line is, we have made the same ridiculous team selection decisions for decades. It's not about a single coach. We've replaced them and ended up ins the same spot.
It's a club philosophy we are dealing with. It's ingrained.
Until we rid the club of the people who have overseen multiple coaches, we will just repeat the same mistakes.

Are we s**t? With Lairds injury fast forward to the potential midfield battle next week:

Dawson, Crouch, Sloane
V
Butters, Rozee, JHF

What do you think? Cheerleaders opinions welcome
Yep, not even tuning in for that demolition.

Bottom line is, we have made the same ridiculous team selection decisions for decades. It's not about a single coach. We've replaced them and ended up ins the same spot.
It's a club philosophy we are dealing with. It's ingrained.
Until we rid the club of the people who have overseen multiple coaches, we will just repeat the same mistakes.
It took me a while but I've come around to this thinking now. Coaches and other appointments amount to rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic. It's not going to make any difference if we sack Nicks, the same mediocre people that recruited him are in charge of recruiting his replacement, and the mandate will be the same.

I know there’s a review of the game where it says similar things but it’s more than that, we are s**t.

s**t drafting that’s led to small forwards of McHenry (1st rd pick), Murphy and Rowe (2 picks).

s**t drafting that’s led to mids who can’t kick, leading us to draft a 25 year old sanfl player because he can.

s**t drafting blowing numerous first rounders.

s**t coaching and selections which thinks Crouch, Laird and Keays is a good midfield. All we are missing is Sloane.

s**t coaching that has our best mid and kick playing deep defence against a rabble of a team.

s**t coaching that despite being 5 goals up against a rabble of a team played defensive in the last and played 2 spares back so we had no forwards.

In life you get what you deserve and we deserve Nicks and Ogilvie because we are a s**t club.
Bump

I just don't know if I can be bothered with this s**t anymore. Nothing against the community. Lots of good people here. It's just not fun following this side.
Couldn't agree more. I have no interest in watching anymore. Well at least til theres changes in coaching.

Last edited:
In addition to all the other ways we are s**t. We are awful at developing players.
Because we focus on the wrong players. You scrub player like Murphy early, you don’t get them to 100 games, recognise him as the 6th best player for the year and reward him with a leadership position.

The club had one long wank over the preseason and now we are seeing the consequences.

Because we focus on the wrong players. You scrub player like Murphy early, you don’t get them to 100 games, recognise him as the 6th best player for the year and reward him with a leadership position.

The club had one long wank over the preseason and now we are seeing the consequences.

They are so arrogant and self assured in their own conclusions. It is very obvious from the decisions they make.

Last edited:

The idiots on our board should've seen all the red flags with Nicks selection blunders, playing people in the wrong position, etc etc.

But once they saw Nicks and his merry men vote Murphy as the 6th best player last year they should have gone "woah, no more contracts for you".

But no, our idiots give him an extra 2 years.

Mind boggling.

The idiots on our board should've seen all the red flags with Nicks selection blunders, playing people in the wrong position, etc etc.

But once they saw Nicks and his merry men vote Murphy as the 6th best player last year they should have gone "woah, no more contracts for you".

But no, our idiots give him an extra 2 years.

Mind boggling.
Ask roo if he thinks murphys a good player. He'd damage control til the cows came home.

This is one huge blunder. Think about the round 1 players we have brought into the club during this time.
Thilthorpe - Tall forward / roaming forward
Rachele - Small forward / mid
Pedlar - Small forward /mid -
Curtin - Tall Defender / Mid
Ryan - Mid Defender
Michalanney FS - Mid defender

How well have we addressed a post Tex forward line?
How well have we prepared for a post Laird / Crouch and O'Brien Midfield?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We are very overrated as a team, I thought it was laughable about Top 4 predictions this year let alone making the 8. Our performances in 2023 was over valued, we beat Brisbane and they are the most flakey team in the AFL when traveling away and beat Carlton before they became a dominate force

Ive posted on here recently and years ago, I dont see Finals till 2026 and thats the earliest. In terms of "potential" flag aspirations thats not till the end of this decade. It wouldnt surprise me if our best chance did not come till the 2030s.Thats a premiership drought of 30+ years.

Thats a sobering thought, but its better to adjust your expectations and live in reality then to overinflate our position n the AFL.

We are very overrated as a team, I thought it was laughable about Top 4 predictions this year let alone making the 8. Our performances in 2023 was over valued, we beat Brisbane and they are the most flakey team in the AFL when traveling away and beat Carlton before they became a dominate force

Ive posted on here recently and years ago, I dont see Finals till 2026 and thats the earliest. In terms of "potential" flag aspirations thats not till the end of this decade. It wouldnt surprise me if our best chance did not come till the 2030s.Thats a premiership drought of 30+ years.

Thats a sobering thought, but its better to adjust your expectations and live in reality then to overinflate our position n the AFL.
Who the hell predicted top 4?

1000004055.jpg

With the exception the Tigers, who were widely tipped to fall, and the Dogs who are one of the reasons we might dodge some heat (unless they beat the Suns tomorrow), all of our nearest rivals last season on the ladder have started the season like a bull at a gate. Even in (likely) defeat, the bombers are showing plenty at the SCG against Sydney.

There they all are.

1000004057.jpg

Early days maybe but when you are vying with several teams around you giving them a 2 game headstart is less than ******* ideal

Last edited:
Back