Universal Love We Fly As One..............Into The Finals

Remove this Banner Ad

11220832_880415982014321_6624366690947074397_n.jpg

That's pretty awesome.

Sorry to intrude, but just wanted to say how genuinely happy I am for all of you guys tonight. You have been through utter despair, but finally and hopefully things are on the up now and that this could be the start of a sustained run of success and enjoyment in following your wonderful team :)

The Crows fully deserve to be in the finals, a truly amazing effort really. I am now actually looking forward to the game on Sunday, should be fantastic finals preparation for BOTH teams!! :)

Love my second team! Go Crows (after this week of course hehe) :thumbsu::footy:

I posted earlier tonight about how great it would be for every ticket to be used on Sunday and we pack Adelaide Oval. Our club deserves us, the members to show our love and support for the club that represents us in the toughest sporting competition in Australia.

The realisation tonight that we have made it into the Finals seems surreal to me. Surreal not because of the past two years in the wilderness, but surreal because of the grim events of this year. Think about the gravity of the situation our club was in some eight weeks ago. Our Head Coach was murdered by his son. He is the leader of club, he sets the tone for how our guys play the game, he is a father figure for most of them. At that point of time some thought it was a real possibility we could forfeit the the entire year. In world sport such a situation was rare for a professional sporting club to go through. No one knew how our club would respond.

We did play another game, then another and another. We have had some losses since, but some glorious wins. In all of those games our boys have shown they are mentally tough, they got on with the job, the next man stood up in Campo (with some help from Woosha) to lead our club and players. To think that we sit here now, having qualified to play a Final in the toughest sporting code in our country is an astounding achievement. And we did it with two games to spare, with a chance at a home Final.

Season 2015 wont be remembered by the petty fact we did not top the membership in our state, it wont be remembered because of the speculation around Patrick Dangerfield, it wont even be remembered by the fact it was our 25th year of existence. It will be remember by the response our club put forward after such a tragedy. This is something every one of us can be proud of.

The mental toughness of all involved in getting our club here should be applauded. We have our chance to do so Sunday. They say that the strength of any organisation lies in those within it and the community it represents. Our club is strong, stronger than it has been in recent years. Hopefully we can build on this strength and go on to greater things. But most importantly we show that the Adelaide Football Club community truly does Fly As One. Everyone get down to Adelaide Oval Sunday, if you can't try to get someone there and show the boys what they mean to us and how proud we are.

Go Crows.
amen to that brother!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Home final (sixth) calculation

If two of these we'll finish fifth, three and we'll finish fourth, all four and we'll finish third!

So you are saying there is a chance. ;)

Someone has to say it. For over two years every time we get in form against middle of the road sides, we fall apart as soon as we play someone decent in a big game. This was pointed out before the Sydney game.

However, Rucci and co, who have been reminded us of this for over two years, are not.

Change that and anyone's beatable.
I was at the SCG. It was an unusual situation. Goodes had hit the headlines and the turnout was a AFL record for the ground. Looking back it was a very emotional night for the Sydney Swans. I think we got caught up in that.

What is an acceptable finals appearance people on a scale of Hawthorn too Richmond?

I think if we make the semi's I will be happy to put the wraps on the season if need be.

Heck, might as well win the whole damn thing---why not? :)

What is an acceptable finals appearance people on a scale of Hawthorn too Richmond?

I think if we make the semi's I will be happy to put the wraps on the season if need be.

After Walsh died, I considered the season result irrelevant.

That we've had that happen and still made finals is remarkable. If it ends in week 1, it is still an amazing effort IMO.

That said, I definitely want to win!

WOOHOO!!! Still on a high after confirmation we will be in the finals.

And I'd just like to say, I was one of very few on this board that gave Collingwood a big chance tonight! I had seen them play a few times this year, knew they were nowhere near as bad as they showed against Richmond and Melbourne recently, think a lot of close losses had their confidence shot.

They would have relished the chance to knock one of their archrivals of the last decade out of the finals race, and end a few careers in the process.

Well done Buckley for getting his team motivated and playing well tonight, they rewarded him with a bit of a "masterpiece" of their own, especially in that amazing first quarter.

Looking forward to this weekend's games even more now that we are assured a spot in the 8 ..... back in the finals, where this club should be.

I was at the game in Perth v West Coast, must say I myself felt just so low after that game, I thought it was season done pretty much. The way the club, coaches and players have struck back with the backing of their supporters has been one of the greatest football stories of recent years. Well done to all at AFC!!!

Just did the ladder predictor and the following could happen....

North beat Bulldogs
Richmond win
Crows beat WCE
Rd23
Richmond beat North Melb
Bulldogs beat Lions
Crows beat Cats

Final Ladder
5. Richmond 60 points

6 Adelaide Crows 58 points

7. W Bulldogs 56 points
8.North Melb 56 points