We must stop deluding ourselves, a full re-build is needed.

Remove this Banner Ad

The sad thing is I'm not a troll SaintsManMat. I have barracked for St kilda since I was 8. I'm 47 now and I have suffered watching all my Carlton, Essendon, Richmond, and Hawthorn friends enjoying mutilple premierships compared to our nothingness. So before you go calling me a troll get your facts right.

No, you're an Essendon supporting troll.

Lenny's been our 2nd best player since Riewoldt became a superstar.

He's the best player in our team at the moment.

And you wanted to delist/trade him cos he's over 27.

27 is the ****ing peak age of a player. Riewoldt is 27 for shits sake now.

Be goooooone.
I agree that 27 is the ****ing peak age of a player however if you want to build a premiership side you need to make hard decisions. If we made those hard decisions 3 years ago we would now be in a position to win a flag. Instead our window of success has been firmly shut in our face.

That does not mean that Lyon hasn't done a good job. He has, but unfortunately we fell at the last hurdle.

I agree that 27 is the ****ing peak age of a player however if you want to build a premiership side you need to make hard decisions. If we made those hard decisions 3 years ago we would now be in a position to win a flag. Instead our window of success has been firmly shut in our face.

That does not mean that Lyon hasn't done a good job. He has, but unfortunately we fell at the last hurdle.

Please explain how this would happen. I followed your formula and tried to put together a team ( its a few posts back on this thread ) using reasonable draft picks without using 2020 hindsite to pick the smokey's. The resultant team just doesn't cut it.

We were in a position to win a flag last year though and will be again this year if we can finish top 4 and get Riewoldt back before finals.

I don't see how just losing a couple of games recently suddenly means our window is shut. The majority of our list is still young enough to make us a premiership threat for at least another couple of years.

img.cgi

Hi all, First time poster... reading some of this cracked me up pretty good.

here's my opinion (i dont consider myself an expert by any means):

the truth is St Kilda had a terrible trade season
we gained Peak who shows glimpses of brilliance and an "alleged rapist"... and for what?
we lost Ball (makes me sad so i'm not going to dwell on this)
we got rid of Goose who is clearly a top defender and in great form. (he's also a great bloke and adds character to any team!)
....but never fear we have the ever-sensational Zac Dawson to save us..... right... guys?
we also got rid of the wrong Clarke brother, yes Xavier is injured probably forever, but even so he's better than Raph Clarke. who can't hit a target from 15m out with absolutely no pressure. (studies have shown that when STKFC field both Dawson and R. Clarke on the same day, we increase our clangers by 450% and our chance to lose by roughly 75%)
i think Dawson and Clarke should be de-listed, but that wont happen, so atleast send them to the VFL until they're actually worthy of playing at the elite level.

Goddard should be replacing Nick at CHF, but unfortunately for him and us, he's just too damn good a footballer and too good in the back line so doesn't get a consistant run up fwd. I like Fisher, but i think he's better off in the back half.
i think some faith should be invested into Rhys Stanley who is very athletic and was labeled as a "future riewoldt" by someone (i dont remember who), with a bit of experience could help fill the CHF void.
someone else said it, we can't play Kosi as a rooey replacement, he's just a bit... too slow.. and dare i say it "clumsy" :p and showed some great form in the ruck recently. (imo)

At this stage i think we can still finish top 4, but it involves getting all our s**t into one sock sooner rather than later. if not then we'll still make the 8 and give ourselves a mad uphill battle.

that'll do for now, i'm off to footy training.

Gestapo, the club didnt get rid of Xavier Clarke, he asked the club to trade him.

we should start sacking as nextwit said. i would sack the board coachs, medico etc and players after because the real reason for our bad club is the orange boys and stud cleaners,runners,trainers and all those selfish volunteers around the club who pretend to care. We are rotten from within, they must be terrorist sleeper cell.
nexus you are way ahead of your time,

Yeah mate i know, but all i was getting at is the actual loss of the player and not the process behind it.

and thanks Luther :)

No worries. At least we have gotten games outta Raph and rather then having X just sitting round doing nothing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No worries. At least we have gotten games outta Raph and rather then having X just sitting round doing nothing.

yes we've gotten games out of Raph, but frankly i would have preferred we didn't.
noone i know, and i'll include myself, my girlfriend and her family (who are all STKFC fans) can't comprehend how either Raph or Zac get games each week when they are clearly 2 of the worst players in the league.

i would not pick either of them in my 4th div regional team.

very true.
i actually found myself saying things i never thought i'd utter
"GREAT WORK RAPH!!!"
i was freaked out!
but good on him, he stepped up and was a part of why we won with his hardness at the ball and desperation at times.

very true.
i actually found myself saying things i never thought i'd utter
"GREAT WORK RAPH!!!"
i was freaked out!
but good on him, he stepped up and was a part of why we won with his hardness at the ball and desperation at times.

Haha, I'd actually clicked 'quote' on your previous post only to just realise that you had posted since then. Good to see you've given credit where it's deserved.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back