We must stop deluding ourselves, a full re-build is needed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't we need to trade all our guns for younger players.

We could trade Lenny Hayes for Tambling.
Trade Nick Riewoldt for Gumbleton
Nick Dal Santo for Daniel Wells

That would go towards fixing us because everyone knows all you have to do is swap old players for younger ones, right Terry,... Terry?

The wheels are slowly falling off. Raph, Kosi and now King. Next week against the Doggies will be our first real test.

Like I said, by the end of the season everyone will be screaming for a full re-build and a new coach.

The wheels are slowly falling off. Raph, Kosi and now King. Next week against the Doggies will be our first real test.

Like I said, by the end of the season everyone will be screaming for a full re-build and a new coach.

well well well look what the cat dragged in.

Kosi back next week, raph was never a key but back soon, king minor.

Dont you dare raise your voice like that in this realm again

:D :thumbsu:

Come on, you're not even trying any more

Come on, you're not even trying any more

i miss the days it put effort into saying we need a rebuild... ive had faith in lyon and the saints for the whole time except maybe for 1 day??? and now the clubs faith in itself is starting to pay off.......

nexus did you streak at the gf like you said we would??? i think it was if we made top 4 last year the reasoning

We won without Dal Santo AND Montagna having a major contribution so obviously our fringe players are making no contribution at all. Our injury list of Kosi and Raph is really hurting us and need to come in for the shit players who aren't performing. Geary was shocking last night, Eddy didn't get any of the ball and laid no tackles. They need to be rushed back in. Especially Raph Clarke who obviously deserves a spot right back in the side because of the consistancy he's shown over the past 3-4 years. King will be out for the season with his bruise, No King, No St Kilda. Not to mention Nick Riewoldt not kicking any goals at all over the past fortnight. Ross Lyon's game plan of not letting the other team score is really being carried out terribly, teams are running all over us while we have no avenues to goal. We haven't scored a goal in five of our last twelve quarters. I can't see any more wins coming for the season.

I must give Nexus some credit here....it must be bloody hard to type these messages whilst your arms are tied up in a straight jacket all buckled up. And i never thought you could have access to computers in those padded rooms. What a f****** freak....
:cool:

Gee NH is a great read from an outsider's perspective.

Nothing like a true "supporter" trying to drag down the club from within when it is flying.

I'm glad that we aren't playing the Saints until late in the season. You'd flog us at the moment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We won without Dal Santo AND Montagna having a major contribution so obviously our fringe players are making no contribution at all. Our injury list of Kosi and Raph is really hurting us and need to come in for the shit players who aren't performing. Geary was shocking last night, Eddy didn't get any of the ball and laid no tackles. They need to be rushed back in. Especially Raph Clarke who obviously deserves a spot right back in the side because of the consistancy he's shown over the past 3-4 years. King will be out for the season with his bruise, No King, No St Kilda. Not to mention Nick Riewoldt not kicking any goals at all over the past fortnight. Ross Lyon's game plan of not letting the other team score is really being carried out terribly, teams are running all over us while we have no avenues to goal. We haven't scored a goal in five of our last twelve quarters. I can't see any more wins coming for the season.

100% right signd, lets get Mark Harvey and half of their squad so we can rebuild again. They are doing a good job. Ross obviously no idea, lets get Fiora back too as his list management is terrible.
:cool:

Nexus, you flog, you wanted to trade or retire all three of those wheels (along with e.g. Hayes who was BOG yesterday), remember ?

Raphael Clarke
24/09/1985
Trade for any pick under 30, if no takers, keep.
Steven King
22/11/1978
Retire.

Trade Kosi for a top 10 pick

How confident are you Nexus? Because i will bet you my house and my car that St Kilda will make the finals this year. Which means it's a year of success.

I'm undecided at the moment;

Saints pass first real test after demolishing dogged doggies.

or

Saints still without real test after Doggies fall to travel excuse.

If I werent a saint supporter I'd almost be wishing for a Saint win just to see who would make what excuse if/when they did.

Whatever happens this year there has already been a rebuild (and we didn't even spend $6m to get Steve Austin or Chris Judd).

We haven't seen Max yet, and have two long term injuries - one would have been a regular and the other is the back up tall forward we need. They will return in time.

X, Goose, and Raph are still finding their way back from injuries. Eddy will get better for the run against Port.

Gardiner and King's partnership is allowing McEvoy to learn the caper rather than filling in for 5 minutes at a time in the AFL. Stanley and McGrath have a fair way to go, but I've seen glimpses to suggest they can impact at the top level in different ways.

Geary and CJ have really stepped it up as recent rookies, and Zac is doing a job.

Mini is not exactly a club rebuild, but has finally found his niche at AFL.

Still a little worried about Gwilt, but Lyon obviously loves the flexibility that he and Blake bring.

But the biggest rebuild is the game plan - the players want to play this way, the fans like watching it, we get back on free-to-air (FWIW if we have to listen to Bwooce and Abernathy) and sponsors are happy, and best of all we win games. :thumbsu:

I have to hand it to Nexus. He can say all those things, and back it up by saying that he barracks for this club. Bravo.

oh yeah the wheels are beginning to turn!

raph is coming back from injury and is playing in the vfl. kos will back next week or the week after.

king will most likely be out for 3 weeks depending on how bad the hamstring. is. mcevoy will most likely take his place .

all clubs have injuries, it is the fact that we now have depth that will get us through the injuries.

Nexus, you flog, you wanted to trade or retire all three of those wheels (along with e.g. Hayes who was BOG yesterday), remember ?

Any posts that starts with the wordsw "Nexus, you flog," is getting off to a good start. :thumbsu:
Well done Holden. Unfortunately the Nexus troll has repeatedly demonstrated that it is immune to facts.

So you still think we will not make the finals? How does having three minor injuries make the wheels falling off?

You were very wrong last year and looking like being even wronger ( if there was such a word ) this year.
Make a prediction where will the Saints be on the ladder at the end of the season?

Wheels falling off. You have named three short term injuries.
Raph: Obviously the young players Miles ( among the best Sandringham ) and Geary are able to compensate for his loss. Colm Begley is also in the mix. Raph may even have trouble getting back into the team. Or are these guys too old and slow?:rolleyes:

Kosi : Able to compensate for his loss by using really old :rolleyes: players from other area's of the ground like Goddard and Gilbert.

King: He is pretty old and may have his moments. It would be dreadful bad luck though if his injuries co-incided with those of Gardiner, McEvoy, and Kosi. We have been drafting young rucks if you didn't notice so what the hell do you want - Rix back instead of King??

As far as the start of the season goes it dosn't get much better. You barrack for the Saints so, Lighten up. Kick back, enjoy whats happeninig and if it comes unhinged be sad ( rather than happy that you were right all along. ) As Saints supporters we could have all predicted doom and gloom every year since 66 and been right.

Kosi will be close to returning. Was hardly a season ending injury. Raph is replaceable. King may miss one week

Real test. That's also what people said before playing the Power. It's also what was said before we played Adelaide. It's a test, but it's not the first. If the Dogs play like they have the last two weeks, it'll become "Collingwood will be the first real test".

At Richmond, yes. We have already re-built the side to a large extent over the last 2-3 years, and more importantly have found a hard edge and good game plan.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back