WE MUST TRADE DARCY

Remove this Banner Ad

freo1997

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 6, 2011
munster
AFL Club
Fremantle
Following on from my Acres thread where I was proven right, along with being against a previous Fremantle player becoming our coach..when that was an unpopular opinion.

We must cash out Darcy and get what we can (Kings Ransom), play Jacko full time ruck and Treacy as Ruck/Fwd. Reidy and a developing Knobel as backup in wafl.

Darcy is constantly injured, taps aren’t to advantage and too unfit for the modern game.

We will definitely regret having an overpaid, underplayed, overweight Ruck on a long contract. We must move on becoming a more athletic and lethal midfield.

If Jackson wasn’t brought over I would’ve been fine having Darcy kept on. Jackson is here for another 7 or 8 years..

This is the crossroads. We must trade him.

And spend another 4 or 5 years waiting to actually be a serious team?
No.
Darcy is here now and he’s part of this window whether we like it or not.
Using LJ as a primary ruck is a waste of his talents anyway. There is higher value ways to use him

And spend another 4 or 5 years waiting to actually be a serious team?
No.
Darcy is here now and he’s part of this window whether we like it or not.
Using LJ as a primary ruck is a waste of his talents anyway. There is higher value ways to use him
He is not a Fwd he is a once in a generation Ruck.

It will be 2025 and I will be proven right if we keep Darcy.

Dumb thread is dumb.
Same thing was said to me when I said no to hiring Jlo and when I screamed from the hilltops about keeping Acres.

Darcy must be traded for balance in the kitty and the construction of our best 22. Collingwood is fine without Grundy. We will be fine without Darcy.

Luke Jackson isn't a number #1 ruck, but he could be the #1 midfielder in the league with Darcy in the ruck.

Overexaggerating his injuries. 15, 21, 21, 15 in his last four years isn't that bad. Was a top 2 player for us this season before getting injured. Keeping Luke Jackson in the ruck for his whole career would be the biggest waste of talent.

Anyone could see Acres would be a loss because we had no one to replace him. You don't get a prize for predicting that. Jackson gets injured and suddenly Treacy/Knobel/Reidy are getting killed in the ruck and around the ground by the oppo rucks, and our forward line is getting smashed because we have no talls. We've already seen Jackson is only really effective against low grade rucks too. Trading Darcy and replacing him with a bunch of 18 year olds is just plain stupid and sets us back even further.

Trading Darcy and replacing him with a bunch of 18 year olds is just plain stupid and sets us back even further.

It would be good for Tim English/Colin Young coming out of contract end of next year though if both WA clubs are finishing a poor year due to lack of ruck options though.

Same thing was said to me when I said no to hiring Jlo and when I screamed from the hilltops about keeping Acres.

Darcy must be traded for balance in the kitty and the construction of our best 22. Collingwood is fine without Grundy. We will be fine without Darcy.
Your plan hinges on LJ being a #1 ruck and he's just not. Darcy is one of the best rucks in the league and combines with LJ incredibly well. You're advocating losing not just a ruck but also robbing the midfield and forwards from Jacksons generational utility talents. All for what, picks that may or may not work out some time in the future?

Maybe you should've quit with last years call...

I love Luke Jackson like normal people love their firstborn children.

But he’s not a number 1 ruck.

He flogs the piss out of all of the other number 2 rucks though. And brings a metric s**t-tonne of good stuff everywhere else he decides to bring his footballing godliness.

Why don’t you like being the best at something?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Following on from my Acres thread where I was proven right, along with being against a previous Fremantle player becoming our coach..when that was an unpopular opinion.

We must cash out Darcy and get what we can (Kings Ransom), play Jacko full time ruck and Treacy as Ruck/Fwd. Reidy and a developing Knobel as backup in wafl.

Darcy is constantly injured, taps aren’t to advantage and too unfit for the modern game.

We will definitely regret having an overpaid, underplayed, overweight Ruck on a long contract. We must move on becoming a more athletic and lethal midfield.

If Jackson wasn’t brought over I would’ve been fine having Darcy kept on. Jackson is here for another 7 or 8 years..

This is the crossroads. We must trade him.
Man you come up with some doozy's on here

I think Jackson in a few years maybe a number one ruckman, but at the moment he is not.He is far more value to us as a second string ruck who plays very well up forward and a big bodied mid.
Stupid to even contemplate trading Darcy out when he is in the top three or four rucks in the competition. He is a true ruckman.
As for Acres, had he played with the same passion at Fremantle for his time there, as he has for Carlton, then maybe Fremantle would have offered him a better deal.But he had one good season then wanted out.

Trading Darcy has some merit based on history and facts showing teams with elite rucks generally don't win premierships. It has proven to generally be a waste of money as forward/mids/defenders are more valuable. And yet again this year the premiership ruckman will likely be an ordinary ruck that basically just competes, and in Briggs' case (who has been excellent) a bargain low priced option.

However, we can not continue to play Jackson as #1 ruck. Over the long haul it opens him up to injury and his best position is as a midfielder/forward/utility who can pinch hit against the #2 rucks.

The problem with trading Darcy then becomes who do we play as #1 ruck? We don't have any decent options yet after trading out Meek. He was disappointing at Hawthorn, but I still think he is capable of a draw with the rucks that are left standing.

Another issue is we have had enough problems as it is keeping the team together. And actively shopping and/or trading Darcy is just another nail in that coffin. We might as well not even bother if all our good players keep leaving and we replace them with lesser/inexperienced options.

The only way it could possibly work is if we could parlay Darcy into a player of the calibre of Taylor or Naughton. The talent and experience would stay the same, just moved to a more important position. But we would also need Knobel/Reidy to have magically emerged, or look to bring in a journeyman ruck from elsewhere (which is a very common path to take for the best teams of modern times ... Nankervis, Hale/McEvoy, Stanley, Cameron, etc).

Trading Darcy has some merit based on history and facts showing teams with elite rucks generally don't win premierships. It has proven to generally be a waste of money as forward/mids/defenders are more valuable. And yet again this year the premiership ruckman will likely be an ordinary ruck that basically just competes, and in Briggs' case (who has been excellent) a bargain low priced option.

However, we can not continue to play Jackson as #1 ruck. Over the long haul it opens him up to injury and his best position is as a midfielder/forward/utility who can pinch hit against the #2 rucks.

The problem with trading Darcy then becomes who do we play as #1 ruck? We don't have any decent options yet after trading out Meek. He was disappointing at Hawthorn, but I still think he is capable of a draw with the rucks that are left standing.

Another issue is we have had enough problems as it is keeping the team together. And actively shopping and/or trading Darcy is just another nail in that coffin. We might as well not even bother if all our good players keep leaving and we replace them with lesser/inexperienced options.

The only way it could possibly work is if we could parlay Darcy into a player of the calibre of Taylor or Naughton. The talent and experience would stay the same, just moved to a more important position. But we would also need Knobel/Reidy to have magically emerged, or look to bring in a journeyman ruck from elsewhere (which is a very common path to take for the best teams of modern times ... Nankervis, Hale/McEvoy, Stanley, Cameron, etc).
Good post until the last line. To me any way. I see that option as a backward step.

simon cowell facepalm GIF
Batman Facepalm GIF by WE tv
Idiot Facepalm GIF
the naked gun facepalm GIF
Ugh Frustrated GIF by Equipe de France de Football
Ryan Reynolds Ugh GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

this is so bad wife swap GIF by Paramount Network
This Is Horrible Mc Lyte GIF by ALLBLK

That'll do.

How narcissistic can you be?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back