List Mgmt. Welcome Harley Reid (Pick 1, 2023 National Draft)

Remove this Banner Ad

The 11 year old sitting behind me was certain he could run across the field, backflip off McSeatie and run up the steps before security got him.

It's good to see a kid with a dream.

Well he unstacked your skip bin without you noticing. Kid is a chance I reckon.

Fair bit of ben cousins in how he was moving yesterday

The way he props in traffic and has that extra half second to find the best option was every bit vintage Cousins.

Kids going to be our best player for the next decade.

The way he props in traffic and has that extra half second to find the best option was every bit vintage Cousins.

Kids going to be our best player for the next decade.

Reminds me of dusty more than anyone, not just the fend offs, but the way he explodes out of the contest via an exit with ease, and similar paced.

Cuz killed everyone due to talent combined with the largest tank around, opponents could not keep up.

Simmo isnt doing him many favors here. He is really not gonna come into his own until we get a ruckman capable of winning a hitout. The second Matt Flynn is back and playing he will be 5+ possessions per game better off. Simmp also not giving him enough chances up forward and actually overplaying his hand with him in the midfield

For the time being id play him at HFF but put him on the ball when the 2nd ruck for the opposition is in the middle. While Williams and co get torched by the 1st choice ruck, he wont be able to have the impact he can othewise have. At the end of the year then play him as the full time mid and within that also you ease him into it

Reids a good example of how little clue our club has. Went from HBF and easing him in to some midfield time to throwing him to the lions at the most inopportune time of the season. There is a clear middle ground to take here which is actually logical and will do him the most good which is to have him hit his prime when Flynn is back winning some hitouts as opposed to having him worked over by mid year cos he is chasing the oppositions best midfielder whose won the ball from a clean hitout by his ruck

Simmo isnt doing him many favors here. He is really not gonna come into his own until we get a ruckman capable of winning a hitout. The second Matt Flynn is back and playing he will be 5+ possessions per game better off. Simmp also not giving him enough chances up forward and actually overplaying his hand with him in the midfield

For the time being id play him at HFF but put him on the ball when the 2nd ruck for the opposition is in the middle. While Williams and co get torched by the 1st choice ruck, he wont be able to have the impact he can othewise have. At the end of the year then play him as the full time mid and within that also you ease him into it

Reids a good example of how little clue our club has. Went from HBF and easing him in to some midfield time to throwing him to the lions at the most inopportune time of the season. There is a clear middle ground to take here which is actually logical and will do him the most good which is to have him hit his prime when Flynn is back winning some hitouts as opposed to having him worked over by mid year cos he is chasing the oppositions best midfielder whose won the ball from a clean hitout by his ruck
Equally, the kid needs to learn to defend also, right?

Reminds me of dusty more than anyone, not just the fend offs, but the way he explodes out of the contest via an exit with ease, and similar paced.

Cuz killed everyone due to talent combined with the largest tank around, opponents could not keep up.
His lateral movement in traffic is cousins like combined with the power and burst of Dusty.

Can't wait to see what happens when he builds a tank

I don’t think you understand this kid. Yes he is a competitive beast. Yes you can see in his body language he hates losing. But as per every other facet of this guy, he’s built different. I think he’s far more likely to be thinking - I’m going to do everything to make sure this is a winning team again and I’m gonna be that guy that gets us there, who is coming with me?

I can almost guarantee he is going to be hell bent on bringing success here, and not going to be giving up on that despite early adversity which he fully knew was coming. Him not accepting where we are at and even like Ginbey / Long in recent interviews strongly saying they are hoping to win (against GWS) shows a mind shift this year that I’m loving. We acknowledge we stink, we are owning but not accepting that. I like this young brigade immensely
I'm getting the last dance, M. Jordan vibes.

His lateral movement in traffic is cousins like combined with the power and burst of Dusty.

Can't wait to see what happens when he builds a tank

Reminds me of clips I’ve seen of Leigh Matthew’s to be honest. Has a real physical presence.

Hard at it contested, stocky barrel chested bloke just knocking blokes over.

With Dusty I think players were always a bit worried what he might do if he was in the area, but he wasn’t really a bowl them over, run straight through them type other than the fend off.

Harley goes around looking for contact, and seems to love it even when he comes off second best.

Last edited:
Something tells me he doesn't mind being thrown in the deep end so the easing him in talk, HBF or HFF, would probably not sit right with him anyway.

So what round does he get his Rising star nom?
I am picking round 5 vs Richmond.
Large home crowd and first good chance of a win. Give Dusty a nice don't argue to set the crowd alight and kick a couple of goals on the run.

Something tells me he doesn't mind being thrown in the deep end so the easing him in talk, HBF or HFF, would probably not sit right with him anyway.

So what round does he get his Rising star nom?
I am picking round 5 vs Richmond.
Large home crowd and first good chance of a win. Give Dusty a nice don't argue to set the crowd alight and kick a couple of goals on the run.
He’ll need to learn to stop getting into the right spots if he wants goals as we refuse to kick to him when he does.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So should we have a whip around and buy the debut guernsey the club is selling?

We could probably extract some DNA to help make a clone for when OG Harley bails back to Victoria.
Why the hell are they selling it rolled up in a tin?

Last edited:
Feel sorry for the kid.

So much pressure and seeing all his mates tearing up for other sides.

Hopefully as the year goes on he gets more help and enjoys himself .

At the moment you wouldn't blame him for considering leaving.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Feel sorry for the kid.

So much pressure and seeing all his mates tearing up for other sides.

Hopefully as the year goes on he gets more help and enjoys himself .

At the moment you wouldn't blame him for considering leaving.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app
If Harley Reid was already considering leaving which there is zero evidence of then let him go because if you can’t get through 3 games of AFL and want out then he is spineless. From all of the footage I’ve seen of him over the last 3 years he has plenty of character and won’t be even considering quitting.

Let the kid play and stop worrying about his contract and whether he stays or goes. That will be all taken care of later in 2025 or 2026 if he finally decides to leave after 3 poor seasons.

If Harley left it would be because of us as a club, not because of him as a person or footballer. Provided we’re sensible with our cap, FA and trade we’ll be vastly improved by then end of 2026 and still be signing new elite talent give our excellent TPP situation. Short of some extraordinary event occurring, Harley will extend his contract and be the next captain of this club. I don’t have a shadow of a doubt.

This is not ideal. Perths finest ladies have let us all down and there is nothing for it but to relocate the club to Melbourne.

New girlfriend based in Melbourne.

Why would a 18 yr old do that after committing to 3 years interstate.

Suppose both being pro athletes they are happy to commit to their jobs and travel alot.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back