List Mgmt. Welcome Harley Reid (Pick 1, 2023 National Draft)

Remove this Banner Ad

Our senior players better be ready to get weeks for the kid on Saturday night. Just have the feeling the purples will go the old Josh Carr strategy and try and rough him up.

Our senior players better be ready to get weeks for the kid on Saturday night. Just have the feeling the purples will go the old Josh Carr strategy and try and rough him up.
They did it in the pre season game and pinged him a few times holding the ball as well.

Something tells me Harley won’t have forgotten that game and will relish the chance to change the script this time.

Bring it on.

They did it in the pre season game and pinged him a few times holding the ball as well.

Something tells me Harley won’t have forgotten that game and will relish the chance to change the script this time.

Bring it on.

It’s taking some of you a bit of time to get to know Harley. More than likely he will be the one on the front foot knowing this is a derby and imposing some physicality of his own on the contest. Sign of a big time player, he just seems to get the occasions already. Just knew he’d go wild with the sniff of a win yesterday pre game

Oh don't you worry FE. The seniors will stand up but don't underestimate the kids. Did you see Ginbey and Jack Williams fire up yesterday? 👏👏👏💛💙 The lads will be with Harley when the dirty Dockers come hunting- PS it will be the stupidest thing they do if they do try because Harley will just laugh his head off. Not sure you could get under his skin! 🤷🤷‍♀️🤷‍♂️

If the Dockers rough up Reid, I'd be quite happy if Yeo gives ankle injuries to every player on their team ... he's very good at doing it legally because he did it to one of the future stars of WCE in a pre season practice match.

Media team will need to get him a water bottle to hold during interviews like they had to do with NicNat.
So funny, yep he had a few more off-field possessions or touches of the ball! The interviewer glanced down at about his 3rd touch...the perks or perils of the job?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He got it
About damn time!

Just watching the highlights package and didnt realise just how many oppo players the kid draws into himself when he has the ball - so many times it freed up Eagles players on the periphery of contests, allowing a quick dish of the ball to unmarked teammates. Such a great quality to have.

Oh don't you worry FE. The seniors will stand up but don't underestimate the kids. Did you see Ginbey and Jack Williams fire up yesterday? 👏👏👏💛💙 The lads will be with Harley when the dirty Dockers come hunting- PS it will be the stupidest thing they do if they do try because Harley will just laugh his head off. Not sure you could get under his skin! 🤷🤷‍♀️🤷‍♂️
still scarred by what happened to Hewett and Dom Sheeds comments

Amazing!! 🙏🙏👏👏👏👏💛💙

Expected
Blank Stare Apathy GIF

Something tells me he doesn't mind being thrown in the deep end so the easing him in talk, HBF or HFF, would probably not sit right with him anyway.

So what round does he get his Rising star nom?
I am picking round 5 vs Richmond.
Large home crowd and first good chance of a win. Give Dusty a nice don't argue to set the crowd alight and kick a couple of goals on the run.
Have been waiting for it to be official but, called it. Kicked a goal not a couple on the run though. Gave Dusty the don't argue, very slight but it was there.
Congrats Harley well deserved.

There's a weird conventional wisdom that gets reeled out by the media whenever they talk about west coast's list at the moment - that we should have traded our veterans (Yeo, Gov)

That's madness to me. Watching Reid bond with & learn from Yeo is immense.

Even players like Gaff - the game's passed him, but the knowledge, professionalism and standards he sets is invaluable for young players to learn from.

Also is trading all your veteren stars a list strategy that even works? Certainly didn't work for North or Hawthorn.
I like that we don't turf our players out, reverse mercenary. Is that the right thing to do in this draft climate? I'd like to think so.

This is why we always bounce back quicker than most clubs. Hope it works again this time. Watching Yeo and Reid dominate is so exciting. If we traded Yeo we would have been 15 clearances down yesterday.
Absolutely - and replaced with what, the peanuts (3rd rounder at best?) we would have got for him while he was injured? Horrible.

We are getting the best return on investment by keeping him.

I like that we don't turf our players out, reverse mercenary. Is that the right thing to do in this draft climate? I'd like to think so.
100% agree - having a culture of loyalty (to a point) I think partly explains why we've been so successful in retaining players.

Already been said, but in terms of re-energising the supporter base, Harley is a huge asset.

Fremantle and their supporters have some shall we say lofty ambitions about taking more market share and one day being Number 1 (🫢). Whilst I can’t see it, a few bad years of extreme losing whilst they perform ok and things can start to slowly turn. I know there was mild concern on here and I am sure internally, the club themselves would be concerned, hence the earlier than expected departure of Trev, and Don’s public comments and actions since he took over.

I don’t think anyone is under any illusion that there is still a lot of hard yards to be done, but the buzz and excitement in general that Harley has brought is palpable, it sure soothes a bit of the pain of losing when you see his and some of the other young guys progress 👍

Remove this Banner Ad

Back