List Mgmt. Welcome Harley Reid (Pick 1, 2023 National Draft)

Remove this Banner Ad

Running off memory so sorry if I've got the wrong part, but I believe he was talking about Waterman, who goes (self-appointedly) by 'Lushe' which is a name that no-one should have to attempt to spell, but is borrowed off Fev (the Fevolution, playing on the Lushe, etc)

That was what I picked up, anyway.
Hopefully that's right because I don't believe Lucius broke many tackles, at least in the movies.

Maybe in the books he's known for breaking tackles?

When do we start to worry about Geelong coming hard for Reid?

You can be 100% certain they have started the planning.
Obviously this thread is the forum to discuss this aspect of Harley but honestly I just want to sit back and enjoy watching him play without worrying about what next. If we get halfway through 2026 and there’s still no pen to paper I’ll start worrying about it then. We can play out all the doomsday scenarios we want to but I’m very, VERY comfortable that Harley will extend his contract and in the meantime I’m going to enjoy watching him light up Optus Stadium like he’s an Eagle for life.

He was just on AFL 360 and that prick Robbos questions were all designed to try and make him talk about his contract and if he’s commited to the club

“What’s the one question you’re already tired of?”

“I’m hinting at where your future is but I look at you grabbing the jumper and jumping on teammates and I think God is this kid there for 10-12 years or what is he doing?”

“Your developing a young group, How close knit and what commitments have you given to each other?”

“You got back to Tongala in the off season for Xmas, what was it like getting away from the hype in WA and being back in your home town in Tongala?”

This s**t is never going to end.

Wondering if the previous 4 rounds of rising star noms interviews on 360 had their contracts mentioned.

Willing to bet they weren't.

Over on the BODE board, someone's already come up with the genius idea of flying Harley over for a home game to sit with his family's reserved seating and get him into the rooms after the game to sing the song...
Srsly WTF lol?
Cringe GIF

He was just on AFL 360 and that prick Robbos questions were all designed to try and make him talk about his contract and if he’s commited to the club

“What’s the one question you’re already tired of?”

“I’m hinting at where your future is but I look at you grabbing the jumper and jumping on teammates and I think God is this kid there for 10-12 years or what is he doing?”

“Your developing a young group, How close knit and what commitments have you given to each other?”

“You got back to Tongala in the off season for Xmas, what was it like getting away from the hype in WA and being back in your home town in Tongala?”

This s**t is never going to end
Just watched it , didn't think it was so bad.

Agree tho , the will he, won't he rhetoric is one to stay. You got 10 fan bases in victoria who would be salvating at the prospect of him coming to them one day and the media are gonna milk it all they can. Hopefully at some point he does sign a long term contract because that will put it to rest.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kinda hurt when he said "me being a Geelong supporter" in his press conference.
Not even "was" or "growing up as".
Hopefully it means nothing lol. 😅
bart simpson episode 6 GIF
Not everyone gets to do a Cam Mackenzie and go to the club they supported as a kid.
Give it time, the vast majority of players switch their allegiance over time.
Case in point our BOG on the weekend. He supported those who shall not be named, but decided to be traded to us instead, and has a premiership to show for it.

Not everyone gets to do a Cam Mackenzie and go to the club they supported as a kid.
Give it time, the vast majority of players switch their allegiance over time.
Case in point our BOG on the weekend. He supported those who shall not be named, but decided to be traded to us instead, and has a premiership to show for it.
Maric said it took him a few months to lose the urge to barrack for Carlton but said it pretty much left when he settled in after a number of games.

You’ll give yourselves ulcers worrying about Reid’s contract and any outside noise about it

Just enjoy watching him play as much as he clearly enjoys playing in the moment

The other stuff will work itself out in due course and we’re 2 years away from it being an issue

They will never stop talking about him leaving - it’s how it is and we knew that when he was drafted.

The best plan I think is to enjoy watching him play for us, and accept that should he choose to leave, we’ll reap a good trade.

Picking him at #1 has already proven to be the correct call - and it’s been 5 games.

Kinda Harley related... Was at a function tonight with Petch, speaking as a Victorian he commented how it was so much better playing in front of big crowds, even when we aren't a top side, while the smaller victorian clubs play in front of empty stadiums - I'm sure the guys are the saying the same to Harley

The boys call Jake Waterman “the loosh”

No idea where the nickname came from but I’d imagine Ginbey was saying “Loosh’s performance” instead of “Lucius’ performance”
I think it's something to do with Brendan Fevola, he was nicknamed the fevaloosh or something apparently.

I like the J-train personally (after Snake of course) but he needs a few more bags to live up to that moniker!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back