Player Watch Welcome - Matt Coulthard - Pick 4 MSD 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

He ll get a min 1/2 a game dont you worry about that
If that's the plan, why are we picking a guy we only plan to play for half a game in the starting 22?

Feel like we might be playing with fire here a bit.

Would love to see him debut as a starting player, and can then sub him off if he's too green for the occasion.

If that's the plan, why are we picking a guy we only plan to play for half a game in the starting 22?

Would love to see him debut as a starting player, and can then sub him off if he's too green for the occasion.
Banks I think may share the 4q he could have easily been dropped to

Might be about preparation and professionalism and learning and being part of the senior team. So much to learn and experience which would be different to the VFL standard.

AFL 2022 Season Review: Geelong Cats​

"The decision to rest key players throughout the season also paid dividends. It did not matter the time of year, the opponent, or the venue, the club had clear strategies in place for its elder players to make sure they were primed come season’s end.

Captain Joel Selwood played 18 games, Isaac Smith and Blicavs were also rested at times, and Patrick Dangerfield, instead of being rushed back from injury, was given plenty of time to get fully fit, so as to be most impactful when he returned."
Pfftt...Dangerflop was injured not exactly rested...Blicavs as well...as for Issac Smith...whose is he?!...a blow in from the Hawks! lol..rested!
Article makes...stretches..the amount of KEY players rested...sounds like heaps of them! lol
So lets get it straight from that article...who exactly was rested?!? Key players?!? Elderly players?!? Injured players?!? Blow in players from other sides?!?

Absolute talent
But but but, we need to pick a tall!!
Honestly, the amount of sooking from many on here when we selected this kid over a tall was beyond belief. I can happily say I said it at the time and repeat that we needed small forwards with pressuring skills just as much as tall. He’s going to be a very good player for us this kid. Him and Maurice working together inside 50 will be a delight to behold

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But but but, we need to pick a tall!!
Honestly, the amount of sooking from many on here when we selected this kid over a tall was beyond belief. I can happily say I said it at the time and repeat that we needed small forwards with pressuring skills just as much as tall. He’s going to be a very good player for us this kid.
People forget we won the 2017 flag with more smalls ;)

How the * didn’t he get picked in the National draft?

Would go top 10 if redid it
Because he was playing suburban footy last year , only played 3 senior sanfl games for glenelg when we got him, an inspired pick up , reminds a lot of Michael long for those with long memories

Remove this Banner Ad

Back