Bumped Welcome to Collingwood, Darcy Moore (new posts start at #761)

Remove this Banner Ad

GATs are pointless.

I knew a guy, year above me in High School, absolute genius; unfortunately he also had asperger's and was treated rather poorly by his parents so was sent to boarding school even though they lived in the same city. Anyway, he took science classes 3 or perhaps 4 years past his year bracket, so as soon as he hit VCE level (and subsequently University) he had to take the GAT every year until he finished High School. After 2 he literally handed in his paper blank every time as he'd done it so often.

The best thing to happen to Australian education is the nationalisation (although I'm not sure if it's fully implemented yet) of the education system. Because of the way students are ranked by percentile, not average grade, and the different structures of courses, it was ridiculously harder in Victoria/NSW/ACT (and possibly SA/TAS) than the other states.

Have I accidently stumbled on to BigEducation?

Injury prone. Some should look to trade him
I've been calling it since he came to the club.

Look at me!!! Look at me!!!!

In the AFL Record that has come out they have Darcy Moore is 200cm

Moore officially at the national combine measured in at 198.8cm. As such I'm calling him 199cm, given he only grew 0.3cm over the course of last season.

Give him a run in the ruck.

Grundy and Witts are good for the ruck long term.

Moore is special up forward.

Moore for spot minutes could plausibly if a Grundy or Witts get subbed play relief ruck minutes if absolutely required but it would be a shame to move him from the front half with that where he best does his damage.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Moore will be the second forward by week 5 I think. Our forwards I think will Cloak Grundy Moore Elliot Fasolo and Broomhead.

Moore officially at the national combine measured in at 198.8cm. As such I'm calling him 199cm, given he only grew 0.3cm over the course of last season.

Where did you find out the Moore was Offically Measured at 198.8cm’s?

Grundy and Witts are good for the ruck long term.

Moore is special up forward.

Moore for spot minutes could plausibly if a Grundy or Witts get subbed play relief ruck minutes if absolutely required but it would be a shame to move him from the front half with that where he best does his damage.

In the 1st few seasons it probably not be a Great Idea to put Moore in as 2nd Ruck. Get pushed around too much.

Rather put White or Gault or Keeffe in that spot for the next few years

Anyone notice him walking around the boundary at the intra? Has the strut

I did not but what is the Wrong with a Strut?

Lot of the Best Forwards have a Strut

Moore will be the second forward by week 5 I think. Our forwards I think will Cloak Grundy Moore Elliot Fasolo and Broomhead.
As much as im stoked with the long term prospect, I can't remember the last time a key forward had that big of an impact in their first season. I would assume Franklin + Rough had a fair first season, but back then I was more young and just wanted to play footy and wasn't a massive follower like I am now.

In the short term (this season), I would be surprised if his output is better than White's.

Where did you find out the Moore was Offically Measured at 198.8cm’s?

Bigfooty user BrianSpeaking provided me with an excel spreadsheet which includes all available draft prospect measurements since 1999.

He provided it exclusively for my draft to my understanding under the terms that I credit him for it. Don't bother asking him for the excel spreadsheet but if there are specific players you are interested in the measurements for at some stage of another I'm happy to share it.

With Moore his measurements go as follows for those who are interested in his progress:
1/04/2012 195.8cm 84.7kg
27/09/2012 197.3cm 86.7kg
*2013 - no measurements taken.
8/03/2014 198.5cm 93.1kg
National Combine 198.8cm 91.4kg

In the 1st few seasons it probably not be a Great Idea to put Moore in as 2nd Ruck. Get pushed around too much.

Rather put White or Gault or Keeffe in that spot for the next few years

I agree Moore should not early on go anywhere near the ruck. Playing ruck and to a greater extent ruck at AFL level against AFL bodies kills the longevity of players and consistently cuts their careers short.

Grundy and Witts are fine to ruck from now as our ruck combo.

I agree Moore should not early on go anywhere near the ruck. Playing ruck and to a greater extent ruck at AFL level against AFL bodies kills the longevity of players and consistently cuts their careers short.

Grundy and Witts are fine to ruck from now as our ruck combo.

Well with all the Injuries last season both Witts and Grundy did not get the Injuries so you can say they are both Durable and I think when we played our best we had both Witts and Grundy in the Ruck and 1 up forward.

Moore would be 22-23 before you think of putting him in the ruck

Well with all the Injuries last season both Witts and Grundy did not get the Injuries so you can say they are both Durable and I think when we played our best we had both Witts and Grundy in the Ruck and 1 up forward.

Moore would be 22-23 before you think of putting him in the ruck

If one or the other misses I would introduce Mason Cox into the ruck.

If there is an urgency to win - say it's a final or a must win game I'd go without a second option completely and just wing it in the form of a Goldsack to play those 10% minutes or whatever time Grundy/Witts require to sufficiently get through the game.

22-23 is about the right age to give guys ruck minutes at AFL level. Even then I wouldn't be playing Moore through the ruck other than in the scenario we decided to sub one of Grundy or Witts out of a game. He's a full time forward for me otherwise.

If one or the other misses I would introduce Mason Cox into the ruck.

If there is an urgency to win - say it's a final or a must win game I'd go without a second option completely and just wing it in the form of a Goldsack to play those 10% minutes or whatever time Grundy/Witts require to sufficiently get through the game.

22-23 is about the right age to give guys ruck minutes at AFL level. Even then I wouldn't be playing Moore through the ruck other than in the scenario we decided to sub one of Grundy or Witts out of a game. He's a full time forward for me otherwise.

I would only bring Cox in IF we are out of Contention for Finals.

Agree Moore is a Permant CHF/FF but Can go in Ruck in case of Injury during a Game when he is around 23

Remove this Banner Ad

Back