Retired #45: Conor McKenna ☘️ - Returning to the AFL to play with Brisbane - 17/11

Remove this Banner Ad

Haha Did anybody hear his interview today?

It sounded like he said "labellalllabababalalanabanabal"

Good stuff

Yeah the Channel 9 news one. I replayed it three times to kind of understood about half of it and then gave up. I reckon if I stuck at it I may have understood it all after maybe 20 to 30 times.

Anyone have any updates on our irishman ?
No updates as such. But I did keep an eye on him at one of the Christmas training sessions, and was pleasantly surprised to see him crack in hard for a contested ball and really put his body on the line. Wouldn't have been surprised if that side of things was still lacking at that point. :thumbsu:

No updates as such. But I did keep an eye on him at one of the Christmas training sessions, and was pleasantly surprised to see him crack in hard for a contested ball and really put his body on the line. Wouldn't have been surprised if that side of things was still lacking at that point. :thumbsu:

Good to hear he's having a crack unlike the Irishman in teal whose gone home twice now, this second time indefintely.

Watch this and you can see his determination, attack at the ball and man, could be a very very good AFL player.
Conor McKenna vs AFL under18s, Conor was weraring #4

possessions at
1:39 great effort here
3:56
9:36
13:50 great tackle
14:43

possessions at
2:58
8:04
11:15
13:47

possessions at
3:14
8:17
9:28
10:32
13:32
14:49
15:39

possessions at
1:12
2:25
4:45

Good to hear he's having a crack unlike the Irishman in teal whose gone home twice now, this second time indefintely.
Which one's that? Flynn?

I know it's sort of silly to go early but I think that Conor and Laverde will be that explosive x-factor that our team is missing. I actually expect that both of them will make a some impact this year and keep pressure on Colyer, Cooney and Zaka to bring it to the team each week.

I expect the bombers to play a more exciting form of footy this year after 3 years of fairly stodgy footy.

It might be just me, but he is one of them players I just feel will make it and become a very good footballer.
interesting to see who ends up better between McKenna, Langford and Laverde as they all bring something completely different to the side, seems like this has been our most promising draft for quiet some time, 3 players who could be anything, normally we only get the 1 or 2 with this much potential.

Watch this and you can see his determination, attack at the ball and man, could be a very very good AFL player.
Conor McKenna vs AFL under18s, Conor was weraring #4

possessions at
1:39 great effort here
3:56
9:36
13:50 great tackle
14:43

possessions at
2:58
8:04
11:15

possessions at
3:14
8:17
9:28
10:32
13:32
14:49
15:39

possessions at
1:12
2:25
4:45

Jeez he looks okay for a newbie!... Looks comfortable and has a serious burst of pace. Even more, he seems to have great awareness of when to use that pace in that he looked like he could have been caught a couple of times but clearly knew he had the room he needed.

Were either of the other two recruits playing this game? What numbers were they?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nerves i reckon. Even Goddard who was commenting mentioned how nervous he was before the game.

But the rest of the lads went to him afterwards. Good to see

He'll do a few things like that in the VFL this year and if he settles down and impresses enough for an AFL game later in the year he may do a thing or two like that in that game. If he ends up being a best 22 player that stuff will completely fade out of his game and we'll get the best out of his speed and enthusiasm.

Nerves mean that he gives a s**t. As a club we really need speed like him to be pushing for senior selection.

I was hoping he'd kick for goal on his first run yesterday, instead got pinned for running too far. From reports, he is a massive kick and could've covered it from outside 50

Remove this Banner Ad

Back