Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn - Mabior Chol

Remove this Banner Ad

What defensive troubles? He's been doing some absolutely massive chases down the field. Why are you expecting him to pressure like a small forward? Would you apply the same to Lewis?

His chase downs are excellent, but he gets wrong footed, and that's it. Watch for it and let me know.

I'm not trying to get into Chol, he's giving us great service, I see it as a positive that he can get stronger in one area.

You could tell on the weekend he was really putting in with his defensive stuff. Maximum effort.

I am intrigued what he can become when Lewis is back and we potentially have Dear in the side and Mabs can roam around as 3rd tall. If we can train him up as a highly skilled running tall getting up and down the ground with his exquisite kicking he will be a huge asset.

I was listening to Jordan Lewis commentating and there was a moment when he realised just how good a kick Chol is. I reckon a preconceived picture of what Chol was like shattered in his head and at 3/4 time he mentioned Chol had played a very good quarter. I think people are starting to see his patches of quality with continued exposure at the top level.

Granted he does have some flaws as others have pointed to above but if he can play within these and improve his strengths further hes going to have to be watched by oppo.

He’s def growing as a player.

I just went back spent half an hour running a double speed review of our F50 entries and I have to say, Chol was actually bloody awesome. His chasing, kicking and presenting on the lead were all you could ever ask of a forward. His field kicking it top shelf.

My perception remains that he gets moved off the ball a bit easily from the previous games, but that's an aside and may be a in error. I suspect the moments he stopped against North were because he was absolutely knackered from previous efforts.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back