News Jimmy Toumpas signs with Swan Hill

Remove this Banner Ad

Exactly.

Rather than comparing Toumpas coming to Port with Newton going to Melbourne, compare it to Shaun Burgoyne going to Hawthorn.

Toumpas doesn't really have the runs on the board that Shaun did though.

He could still be a total bust.

But lets face it, its just sour grapes. Not only do they get to watch Wines smash it they now have to see the guy they choose instead of at the same club hopefully turning it around
Rather ironic that they chose Toumpas over Wines and then we had to endure all of the "experts" claiming that Wines was "going home" to a Melbourne club only for Toumpas to come home to Port and Wines to sign a contract extension at Port.

Burgoyne was our best player and he left when we needed him most. Andrew Moore is a better comparison - top 10 draft pick who didn't live up to expectations.

Yes and we were certainly cut up over his departure for nothing. In fact I think I'll start a thread.

:confused:

Burgoyne was our best player and he left when we needed him most. Andrew Moore is a better comparison - top 10 draft pick who didn't live up to expectations.
Andrew Moore wasn't offered a contract and was delisted. No comparison what so ever to a player that refused a new contract and asked to be traded.

Yep and Melbourne got a 2nd rounder off us whereas Ben walked out and yet no one really bothered about it.

Toumpas actually cost us a 3rd rounder and a 3-spot downgrade of our 2nd rounder.

I wouldn't worry at all about Newton - it's not likely he would have added much to his 4 game tally if he had stayed at Port in 2015.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Toumpas actually cost us a 3rd rounder and a 3-spot downgrade of our 2nd rounder.

I wouldn't worry at all about Newton - it's not likely he would have added much to his 4 game tally if he had stayed at Port in 2015.
As we didn't use our third pick he really only cost us a drop in three places for our second round pick and we got Johnson anyway so darn good outcome.

Hinkley also talked up the work ethic of new recruit Jimmy Toumpas.

The former Demon crossed to Alberton last October looking for a fresh start in order to reach the potential many saw when he impressed at SANFL level before being drafted with pick No.4 in 2012.

Toumpas was quiet in Port's internal trial, but Hinkley insisted the youngster had done everything asked of him during the summer.

"I think he's been really good for us through the pre-season. He couldn't have worked any harder to impress his teammates and the coaching staff," he said.

"Last week I thought he started off really well in the internal (game), got a whack on the knee that slowed him down, but overall he'd be really, really comfortable with his pre-season.

"The test is, he gets to action that with a group of players for the first time."

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-02-19/polec-set-for-plenty-of-minutes-in-comeback-clash

As we didn't use our third pick he really only cost us a drop in three places for our second round pick and we got Johnson anyway so darn good outcome.

We gave away our third rounder and got a later one back in the Dixon trade. we used that later one for Johnson. Our second rounder was Bonner and we traded the first.

would have been the sam gray... he would have definitely added more games, fitness prevailing!

would have been the sam gray... he would have definitely added more games, fitness prevailing!

Maybe but doubtful - both S.Gray and Arch were impressive at SANFL level and probably would have severely limited Newton's AFL chances.

Very true however last year Newton was the better performed out of the 2.
Yeah no, in 2015 Newton was the shittest seagull that ever swooped on a chip.

i trust this passionate dees member's opinion here
I renewed this year, so I think that means I'm in the inner circle through attrition

Rather ironic that they chose Toumpas over Wines and then we had to endure all of the "experts" claiming that Wines was "going home" to a Melbourne club only for Toumpas to come home to Port and Wines to sign a contract extension at Port.

Yep, the reason that the demon fans are so dark is because they wasted their Ollie Wines pick on a lad that now playing for the very team that actually selected their Ollie wines!

The funny thing is, that I have heard from a mate that would know - that Jack Vineys manager has been in close contact with the club about coming across as well!!

Apparently he is looking for the chance to play finals and to be a part of a club that can realistically provide that as Melbourne is not likely to for a very long time.

Watch this space...

Yep, the reason that the demon fans are so dark is because they wasted their Ollie Wines pick on a lad that now playing for the very team that actually selected their Ollie wines!

The funny thing is, that I have heard from a mate that would know - that Jack Vineys manager has been in close contact with the club about coming across as well!!

Apparently he is looking for the chance to play finals and to be a part of a club that can realistically provide that as Melbourne is not likely to for a very long time.

Watch this space...
dumb-dumber-laugh-2.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back