Player Watch #31: Oleg Markov

Remove this Banner Ad

Peter_der-Grosse_1838.jpg

Looks a lot like Peter the Great. Shame he isn't the same height as he would then be a ruck option.
Peter was a bit of a rock star...He had two wives and had fourteen children
Imagine if Oleg is anything like his great x10 uncle Peter...ourt father -son picks would be sorted...half the bloody team

If I remember rightly a few draft experts in the media had Gelo top 25 6 months ago. Think Twomey had him highly ranked from memory.

Nice bloke but he's really gotta do something about his disproportionate head Twomey. Either put some weight on or shrink his head (microwave ?).

image.jpg

Peter was a bit of a rock star...He had two wives and had fourteen children
Imagine if Oleg is anything like his great x10 uncle Peter...ourt father -son picks would be sorted...half the bloody team
As long as they're better sons than Peter's son and heir - a dissolute fool who died in prison after a botched attempt to overthrow his dad. Makes Tom Roach look like a star by comparison.

Oh I don't know TRIB, there might be some value in those...:D
  • Being born in Belarus -> helps the club expand interest in the local Belorussian community.
  • Speaks Russian -> can help negotiate with Putin to leverage support from the Russian government to the club.
  • Son of a pole vault champion -> good DNA to help us 'vault' up the ladder...
  • Studies Geology -> might be able to help identify which grounds have harder surfaces so we can take precautions to avoid injuries.
  • Passion for restoring classic cars -> well we normally call Deledio, Cotch and Martin 'Rolls Royces'... ;)

Home games in Russia, Tasmania styles? Best part is Putin visits the visitors locker room before every game ;)

Where will we play this kid? I'm all for X factor but we filled the need for Rioli and this kid is in for who? See VFL all year

Rioli is a development player - even though a first rounder. I would be surprised if Rioli plays AFL 1st year.

Looks like we are really looking for forwards and players with speed and endurance by who we have chosen this draft. Dimma must have predicted that that is the way he feels the game is evolving with the reduced interchanges and no sub. I'm guessing ultility/multi-positional players are now crucial and Oleg could easily play forward or midfield going forward.

Looks to be decent Forward pickup kinda like I read somewhere, Gunston.

Looks like the second coming of Robert Flower !

Looks like a russian JON to me. Must be some method to our madness though because we let a walk up start in Yarran go through to Freo and they pounced with the next pick..
I would have liked Shane Yarran as a rookie but definitely not as a pick in the NAB draft.
  • He is 26 so not much improvement
  • We drafted Rioli who is a small forward
  • Credit to him for turning his life around, but to big a risk for a 2 year contract.

I would have liked Shane Yarran as a rookie but definitely not as a pick in the NAB draft.
  • Credit to him for turning his life around, but to big a risk for a 2 year contract.

At 26 Yarran will only get a 1 year deal, even if National draft.

He's also more a medium forward than your traditional crumber. Very good on the lead and overhead.

at the end of the day its either you get them or you dont....at 26 and with the past 2 years of kick arse footy at Subi winning back to back flags, suggests at the very least we have a ready made forward to slot into our 22...tipping Freo who are pretty dumb arse recruiters were thinking same, seeing as they didnt let him slip to the rookie draft...I think you need to understand something...from the 3 we have picked up, we would be high fiving and doing cart wheels if 1 actually made it as a solid player, let alone 2 and would be pinching ourselves if we unearthed a super start from them...at the point in time we are at...the perfect and I stand by this, the most perfect fit was to have a Shane Yarran to step up immediately with a Dan Rioli putting the heat on knocking on the door...I wont go to town on them until we see which 3 we pick up in the rookie draft...this year has been totally underwhelming with our off season trading and drafting...Yaaazzaaa was a given, there were people in far off galaxies that knew he would end up a tiger...the rest were once again shopping in the bargain basement hoping we can sand down the previous coat of polish that didnt work and hoping ours works...but that has been proven to fail more often than not...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If I remember rightly a few draft experts in the media had Gelo top 25 6 months ago. Think Twomey had him highly ranked from memory.

Nice bloke but he's really gotta do something about his disproportionate head Twomey. Either put some weight on or shrink his head (microwave ?).

View attachment 195802
photo.jpg

at the end of the day its either you get them or you dont....at 26 and with the past 2 years of kick arse footy at Subi winning back to back flags, suggests at the very least we have a ready made forward to slot into our 22...tipping Freo who are pretty dumb arse recruiters were thinking same, seeing as they didnt let him slip to the rookie draft...I think you need to understand something...from the 3 we have picked up, we would be high fiving and doing cart wheels if 1 actually made it as a solid player, let alone 2 and would be pinching ourselves if we unearthed a super start from them...at the point in time we are at...the perfect and I stand by this, the most perfect fit was to have a Shane Yarran to step up immediately with a Dan Rioli putting the heat on knocking on the door...I wont go to town on them until we see which 3 we pick up in the rookie draft...this year has been totally underwhelming with our off season trading and drafting...Yaaazzaaa was a given, there were people in far off galaxies that knew he would end up a tiger...the rest were once again shopping in the bargain basement hoping we can sand down the previous coat of polish that didnt work and hoping ours works...but that has been proven to fail more often than not...
Did blitz in the WAFL but doesn't guarantee success at the next level. Starting to warm to the blokes we picked up but hope it is not like 2013 when we picked on needs and ended up with players were very limited (Lloyd and Gordon). Hopefully we pick up 3 Miles in the rookie draft, this year.

Did blitz in the WAFL but doesn't guarantee success at the next level. Starting to warm to the blokes we picked up but hope it is not like 2013 when we picked on needs and ended up with players were very limited (Lloyd and Gordon). Hopefully we pick up 3 Miles in the rookie draft, this year.

yeah...maybe even stretch it to 8 miles ;)

Welcome to Tigerland Oleg!!! Now that your a Tiger you'll have Yellow and Black in your veins for life - Once a Tiger, Always a Tiger!

All the reports I've seen of Oleg make me think he'll be a handy pick up. I'm actually quite keen to see him play in the NAB challenge.

Oleg the Russian Tiger.....Or the Siberian Tiger ?

They are Big & very Nice type of Tiger......

Remove this Banner Ad

Back