Toast Welcome to St.Kilda - DARCY WILSON!

Remove this Banner Ad

lady gaga love GIF

I’m as unsure about this pick as I was about Nas when he was taken in front of Sinn. However, I am more confident that I will be pleasantly surprised based on Toce recent track record.

I also like Darcy’s quiet determination. I think he’s going to work his butt off to impress the club and fans!

32 minute mark.

Cooper o Sullivan talking up Darcy.

Says he could be one draftee to have the most impact at afl level.

Said his best game was for afl academy vs vfl side.

Also said he runs all day. Very quick, they were instructed to give him the ball so he could run the field haha

They did say his knock was his ability in the contested stuff, but said he easily has the traits to impact like Ollie Hollands through his run.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m as unsure about this pick as I was about Nas when he was taken in front of Sinn. However, I am more confident that I will be pleasantly surprised based on Toce recent track record.

I also like Darcy’s quiet determination. I think he’s going to work his butt off to impress the club and fans!
Effort and work ethic are non negotiables with the boss

Watched a few more of His highlights.

He has the confidence to use his pace
Good on both sides
Good sidestep and Evasiveness. Bit like nas in his draft year. And nas shows that every week at afl level now.

He's got heaps of elite traits, the only knock I've ever seen has been his ability to win his own ball and contested work. Compared to Windsor though he looks a lot more able in traffic. Windsor looks like a cruise past for the dish-off type.

His highlights don't show his flashier stuff but his side step, blind turns and candy selling where his best traits. To me he's a Seb Ross replacement with more tricks.

He's got heaps of elite traits, the only knock I've ever seen has been his ability to win his own ball and contested work. Compared to Windsor though he looks a lot more able in traffic. Windsor looks like a cruise past for the dish-off type.

His highlights don't show his flashier stuff but his side step, blind turns and candy selling where his best traits. To me he's a Seb Ross replacement with more tricks.

Seb can win a bit of the contested ball though, and on occasion manages to win a lot of it.
Hopefully Windsor can win "enough" of the contested ball.

Seb can win a bit of the contested ball though, and on occasion manages to win a lot of it.
He’s a Sam Walsh type he has no problem winning the footy the thing is he’s usually bursting on the run with it instead of digging in and getting it out. He’s exactly what our midfield needs tbh

Yeah I’m thinking he’s more Isaac Smith than pure midfielder. If he wins as much ball as Seb that’s a massive bonus.

Seb is an inside first receiver more than a rover still. Seb rarely wins ball in one on ones. More stands a player then peels to the outside of he contest to get the ball away. Most of Seb's clearances are through proximity rather than contest. I think from the small sample size that that's how Wilson plays his best footy in traffic. Doesn't bash and crash it out, he gets it and goes.

Yeah I’m thinking he’s more Isaac Smith than pure midfielder. If he wins as much ball as Seb that’s a massive bonus.
Nah he’s not that outside. Just depends on what role. He played that at the champs but at tac level he played as an inside outside midfielder that went forward. Im assuming that’s what we have in mind for him long term

Remove this Banner Ad

Back