Toast Welcome to St.Kilda - DARCY WILSON!

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah, I’m not an expert but I’ve watched a lot of footy and it’s obvious those other 4 are very, very good. I haven’t seen that talent level from Windhager personally, but others seem to have, so hopefully. Collard could be Charlie Cameron like as well, so wait and see.

Yeah, I’m not an expert but I’ve watched a lot of footy and it’s obvious those other 4 are very, very good. I haven’t seen that talent level from Windhager personally, but others seem to have, so hopefully. Collard could be Charlie Cameron like as well, so wait and see.
Garcia is another one to watch…Arie could surprise also..

Windhager doesn't have a lot of special tricks compared to the X factor guys but he has grit and work ethic. I see him as one of those guys that will work his arse off to extract every drop. I could see him being a jack Steele type.

Windhager doesn't have a lot of special tricks compared to the X factor guys but he has grit and work ethic. I see him as one of those guys that will work his arse off to extract every drop. I could see him being a jack Steele type.
I think that's an accurate prognosis but he does have more pace and burst than Steele, plus he's a natural leader.
I don't see star material, but l do see multiple AA, Brownlows, premiership captain stuff. Just needs time.

I think that's an accurate prognosis but he does have more pace and burst than Steele, plus he's a natural leader.
I don't see star material, but l do see multiple AA, Brownlows, premiership captain stuff. Just needs time.

If multiple AA, Brownlows, premiership captain stuff isn’t star material, then I’m not sure what is?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

If multiple AA, Brownlows, premiership captain stuff isn’t star material, then I’m not sure what is?

I see him as a Selwood figure, skillsets obviously a bit different.
There's probably a half dozen stars at any one time, and I've never included Selwood in that elite group. We have King, Chito and Pou that could make star grade. Nas will be unappreciated like Silk was until he racks up 35 in a GF and peeps go who the **** is that guy?

I see him as a Selwood figure, skillsets obviously a bit different.
There's probably a half dozen stars at any one time, and I've never included Selwood in that elite group. We have King, Chito and Pou that could make star grade. Nas will be unappreciated like Silk was until he racks up 35 in a GF and peeps go who the **** is that guy?

still not quite getting it, and noting Selwood never won a Brownlow either

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Windhager’s a warrior, you’d love to go to war with him, Steele and Owens!

Plays similar to Caleb Windsor, he was obviously a top 10 pick and seems a bit more polished but Darcy has all the tools to suit the way the game is played today.
Wilson & Windsor were both initially around the 15-18 draft range..Windsor then rocketed up the charts & Melbourne really liked him & picked him at #7 from memory.
I thought Darcy was a top 12 pick but with academy kids & a couple of late draft bolters, slipped to us!

Wilson & Windsor were both initially around the 15-18 draft range..Windsor then rocketed up the charts & Melbourne really liked him & picked him at #7 from memory.
I thought Darcy was a top 12 pick but with academy kids & a couple of late draft bolters, slipped to us!

A lot of us wanted a mid, and there were not too many good ones in that draft.
We soon realised that Sanders was a pipe dream, and the next ones were Windsor and Wilson.
ESPN had an early phantom with Wilson at 12, Windsor 13.
It was then a worry that clubs wanting a midfielder would grab them both early, and some of us were just happy if either of them were going to be available at our pick.

To me it felt a bit like the Clark/Coffield draft, where we were getting leftovers after all the big names were gone, and i'm just ecstatic at the surprise packet i've seen in Wilson.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back