Welcome Welcome to the SUNS, Tom Berry

Remove this Banner Ad

Never underestimate a younger sibling wanting to prove themselves.

I think this kid could thrive when he gets his chance in the best 22.

will be a decent pickup, whether it be in the AFL or VFL side. didn't break the bank either.
The real value of the trade is probably going to be GWS's future second round pick. They appear to be going into full reset mode so it would be fair to say they're likely to finish bottom 4 next year. That means pick 22 (845 points) or lower and that could become very handy for us if our academy players continue on the trajectory we're predicting. This incentivises us even more to trade away our first round pick for a genuine A grader next year because it's a pick that's likely to be eaten up by a bid for Walter anyway.

On topic. Tom Berry has some great attributes and the one I really like is his speed. You give him any kind of space and there's probably less than 2% of the league that can catch him. Genuine speed and tackling ability that could be very helpful when we're trying to lock the ball inside 50 and get repeated shots on goal. He's still young at 22 years of age so there's still plenty of time to improve in certain areas (like his kicking efficiency) but overall I think this is a good pickup for us. At worst, he provides genuine depth.

He wipes his arse with DMac.
That is some expensive toilet paper…

But yes, I agree. He should become our second best pressure forward immediately. Could take Holman’s role pretty soon too, as he can cop some long term injuries with the way he plays…

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whiting said definitively that the future second we got as part of this trade is their own future second NOT the GWS future second.

GWS deathride begins!!
That game was so disappointing last year. Worst of the year against them.

They’ve lost a few good players and still have no one other than Toby Greene to kick a goal.

Can see another poor year for them

interested rubbing hands GIF

That game was so disappointing last year. Worst of the year against them.

They’ve lost a few good players and still have no one other than Toby Greene to kick a goal.

Can see another poor year for them

interested rubbing hands GIF
We haven't had a good deathride vibe around here for a while. I'm all in on it next season, plus I hope we belt those flogs 😛

Best wishes to Tommy. Great kid. Glad he got to you with minimal fuss. A good honest trade. The sort of guy that everyone seems to love.

We haven't had a good deathride vibe around here for a while. I'm all in on it next season, plus I hope we belt those flogs 😛

Given the interest in this GWS pick, will be traded away next week....

(Whoops, this might be in the wrong thread......)

His recent interview made it pretty clear he wanted to play senior AFL football. Must have said that a dozen times.

Still feel he is competing directly with Holman though, rather than being a direct Rankine replacement. He’s hardly a walk-up start. I hope he knows that.

Sounds like a nice kid. This is the interview. Definitely mentioned wanting to play more senior football. The club must have said there is a role here for you if you work hard and grab it with both hands

Remove this Banner Ad

Back