Welcome: Which games do you have or want?

Remove this Banner Ad

I work with a lot of vets with PTSD I find it sets a nice bar level for a base to start from by starting new people together in a cooperative game so they get a baseline of communication with a shared objective:
(e.g.)Forbidden Island
then
Forbidden Desert
then
Pandemic
then something competitive
Dr. Lucky
Then
something that increases with difficulty

I work with a lot of vets with PTSD I find it sets a nice bar level for a base to start from by starting new people together in a cooperative game so they get a baseline of communication with a shared objective:
(e.g.)Forbidden Island
then
Forbidden Desert
then
Pandemic
then something competitive
Dr. Lucky
Then
something that increases with difficulty
... oh!

War veterans.

I was wondering why injecting sheep with antibiotics and putting your hand up cows bums was that traumatic.

Was playing Pandemic last night and each time I play I get to thinking this so though I'd ask here...

I'm after a game that is similar to Pandemic, in that you work together to 'beat the game' so to speak. The difference being that one of the players would be a mole of some description, that appears to be helping but actually isn't.

Does anyone know of a game with this premise?
Would Battle star Galactica work? Mole=Cylon during midgame someone converts I believe.
There are a couple of werewolf games where it is slightly different. And there can be mid game changes.

Was playing Pandemic last night and each time I play I get to thinking this so though I'd ask here...

I'm after a game that is similar to Pandemic, in that you work together to 'beat the game' so to speak. The difference being that one of the players would be a mole of some description, that appears to be helping but actually isn't.

Try Betrayal at House on the Hill also.

Would Battle star Galactica work? Mole=Cylon during midgame some
... oh!

War veterans.

I was wondering why injecting sheep with antibiotics and putting your hand up cows bums was that traumatic.
He he:)
All things bright and beautiful,
All creatures great and small,
All things wise and wonderful,
The Lord God made them all.

Cheers. I tried shadows over Camelot but it was a bit too much for the group.

If Shadows is too much then you should look at Betrayal at the House on the Hill.
Battlestar Galactica is more full on than Shadows, (but a better game imo).
Also I've heard Dark Moon is another easy to play hidden traitor game, but I can't comment on it since I haven't played it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have not played board games for years but really keen to get some to play with my kids 14 girl 9 boy and 5 girl as well as some entry level games I could get my mates into.

Any suggestions ?

I figured ticket to ride was one but would also love a couple of war themed games. I have seen some you tube video's for Fog of War and Black orchestra which I would love to give a crack down the track but might be a bit early for those 2 yet

Have not played board games for years but really keen to get some to play with my kids 14 girl 9 boy and 5 girl as well as some entry level games I could get my mates into.

Any suggestions ?

I figured ticket to ride was one but would also love a couple of war themed games. I have seen some you tube video's for Fog of War and Black orchestra which I would love to give a crack down the track but might be a bit early for those 2 yet

Memoir44

Cracking decision that :thumbsu: You can start with the basic TTR rules first, and then move on to the more complicated stuff introduced with Europe like the stations, and later on for variety you can buy the small expansion maps to use with the game pieces from the base game.

Yeah have started watching the Will Wheaton Table Top series and thought TTR was a good lace to start. I was tempted to buy Pandemic but thought I would put that on the wish list instead/

These games look cool to be able to play with the kids,one of these might have to be my next investment.

Yeah have started watching the Will Wheaton Table Top series and thought TTR was a good lace to start. I was tempted to buy Pandemic but thought I would put that on the wish list instead/

These games look cool to be able to play with the kids,one of these might have to be my next investment.

King of Tokyo goes well with the kids too.

Can anyone recommend any good single player games ?

Also are there any good sports games out there, only ones I have really seen are Formula D and also a game called Flamme Rouge. (big cycling fan)

Also are there any good sports games out there, only ones I have really seen are Formula D and also a game called Flamme Rouge. (big cycling fan)
I haven't played a sports tabletop game since the days of test match and NBA Jam Session!

Would be hard to replicate but I'd say there's defiantly a market there.

There's a well regarded single player game called Deep Space D-6 that is funding a reprint and mini expansion on KS right now

There are some sports miniatures games out there if you like that type of game, notably Dreadball, Guildball, and Kaosball

Remove this Banner Ad

Back