Well done to Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

BTW I'm not criticising Geelong - whatever, they did what had to be done to get the deal over the line - it still doesn't change the fact that Adelaide got royally screwed.

I must be missing something. This is a crap deal for Adelaide. It is inevitable under the rules - and better than what they would have received from free agency compensation - but a crap deal nonetheless.

I'm pretty happy with that.

We got a fist rounder, second rounder and an SA born midfielder who finished 3rd in Geelongs VFL B&F this year despite missing 7 games through injury. Was apparently on the verge of AFL selection a few times before he got hurt. That's about as good as we could have hoped for.

Besides Danger, we give up our third round pick which we most likely wouldn't have used to pick a player. (Probably would have been a rookie upgrade)

BTW I'm not criticising Geelong - whatever, they did what had to be done to get the deal over the line - it still doesn't change the fact that Adelaide got royally screwed.
By who?

The AFL allow clubs to be screwed, free agency or not he was Adelaides player and arguably top 5 in the league.
The AFL are saying some 17 year old kid with potential who will be the number 1 draft pick is a better player than Dangerfield.

Stupid system run by stupid people followed by stupid clubs.

Adelaide should set the price. Your first round pick and a top 10 player on your list is the price.
Or bring back transfer fee.

I'm pretty happy with that.

We got a fist rounder, second rounder and an SA born midfielder who finished 3rd in Geelongs VFL B&F this year despite missing 7 games through injury. Was apparently on the verge of AFL selection a few times before he got hurt. That's about as good as we could have hoped for.

Besides Danger, we give up our third round pick which we most likely wouldn't have used to pick a player. (Probably would have been a rookie upgrade)

Don't kid yourself.

Which rookies? We could've used a later pick on Kelly, who probably doesn't deserve an upgrade anyway.

Good trade by all parties. It was benchmarked on the Beams deal according to Adelaide's list manager so kudos to Collingwood for setting both clubs that path.

Don't kid yourself.

Which rookies? We could've used a later pick on Kelly, who probably doesn't deserve an upgrade anyway.
Maybe O'Brian. Maybe we would have used it maybe we wouldn't. The fact is we got way more than what was originally on offer and Gore looks like he could be quality in a year or two. Looking at his stats in the VFL he gets his hands on the ball, high tackle numbers and can kick goals. We did well out of a bad situation, it isn't "market value" but it never is with out of contract players.

But if it makes you feel better, continue throwing toys out of the pram, rejoin us in the real world when you're done.

Good trade by all parties. It was benchmarked on the Beams deal according to Adelaide's list manager so kudos to Collingwood for setting both clubs that path.
I won't believe this until I have heard Eddy taking credit

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow. In comparison, Collingwood gave Beams and 61 for pick 5, 25 and Crisp...

Adelaide got screwed over here. Should've gotten a 3rd club involved.

I'm hearing Adelaide has been screwed by Paddy and the market. Anyone else?

Seamless & sensible by both party's....Shame Essendon couldn't take a leaf out of their books....By comparison with pick 19 for Buddy, Adelaide have done O.K here.

Also clears the way for a number of other deals & gets the trade ball rolling.

Congrats on A professional job well done.:thumbsu:

Maybe O'Brian. Maybe we would have used it maybe we wouldn't. The fact is we got way more than what was originally on offer and Gore looks like he could be quality in a year or two. Looking at his stats in the VFL he gets his hands on the ball, high tackle numbers and can kick goals. We did well out of a bad situation, it isn't "market value" but it never is with out of contract players.

But if it makes you feel better, continue throwing toys out of the pram, rejoin us in the real world when you're done.

No. I hate Dean Gore and I hate all of you :cry:

The AFL allow clubs to be screwed, free agency or not he was Adelaides player and arguably top 5 in the league.
The AFL are saying some 17 year old kid with potential who will be the number 1 draft pick is a better player than Dangerfield.

Stupid system run by stupid people followed by stupid clubs.

Adelaide should set the price. Your first round pick and a top 10 player on your list is the price.
Or bring back transfer fee.

I must have missed that, when did they say that?

I think you, Hawthorn and my own club generally do pretty well with trades.

Coincidentally we're also the three clubs that make grand finals the most often in the modern era
Sometimes you've gotta "swallow your pride" to get the deals done.

9 and 28 is better than 14, so it's a win in that regard. I've never heard of Gore but hopefully he isn't hyped up in the media (he will be) as the guy they traded for Dangerfield.

Assuming no good players were willing to go to the Crows the only thing better they could've hoped for i pick 9 and Geelong's first pick next year, which for a player as good as Dangerfield is fair.

Interesting to see what Geelong do next. Assuming we don't match their FA offer for Selwood it's hard to see them having the currency for Smith and Henderson.
Carlton will want pick 9 for Hendersen. I can tell you that right now. All over that like a fat kid on a doughnut.

Well done to Geelong? Get your hand off it - They get a top 5 player in the comp for a first and 2nd round pick..

and why the hell did Adelaide give a third round pick back?

I know there wasn't much chance that Adelaide were going to get anything better out of them, but don't make like Geelong are all benelovant or the 'good guys' - they were going to win this deal regardless what happened..

they can get ****ed too...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back