Toast We're playing finals in 2018!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Me going to work tomorrow
533166.gif

So what were you doing the last time Melbourne made the finals?
I was on the computers in Grade 2, playing Math Circus, blowing things up with Kid Pix, and drawing on the whiteboard during Friday free time.

I was on the computers in Grade 2, playing Math Circus, blowing things up with Kid Pix, and drawing on the whiteboard during Friday free time.
VCE.

Opposition supporters, you are most welcome to come into this thread and tell us how awesome we are. Hell, you can troll us if you like, after the finals drought we've had we couldn't care less.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

iphone didn't exist either did insta or facebook. Had man landed on the moon yet?

Now just have to beat GWS and get that home elimination final.
We could play gws twice in three weeks. Anyway I'm just relieved we've made it with a game to go. Also I couldn't handle another week of 'can't beat a top 9 side' we have now beaten the 2nd team at the home ground which is probably one of the toughest thing to do. Also the way we won obviously a comfortable win would have been better for our mental and physical well-being but a finals like game where we really had to fight hard all day and getting a response when needed to really will be much more beneficial. We may not win a final I'm ok with that but we have a solid group of players around the 50 game mark who have heaps of improvement so I'm very excited about the coming years. Go dees.

I was in Grade 3, happy that we had finally won an elimination final. In fact, up to that point, I had only watched AFL for 2 seasons. The only memories I have of finals is finding out from my Geelong friend that we had gotten belted in '05, reading The Sunday Age about St. Kilda v Melbourne + seeing Telstra Dome in the sun pre-game and then my Dad switching through channels and seeing Freo 5 goals ahead. Never did I think that Melbourne wouldn't make finals until the day after my 21st birthday.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back