Werewolf Werewolf Game: "Game of Werewolf", a game of werewolf for werewolf gamers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome,

We shall kick this off as soon as we have 30 players.

The 30 players in this game will solely be at my discretion. Anyone who has been INACTIVE in recent games or have been subjected to ruining recent games, you will not be accepted into this game. The process is to request to join the game, if I believe that you will contribute, I will approve of your entry.

Basic Rules
I have made some changes to roles and rules, please ensure you read them.

At the beginning of the game each player is given a 'role' at random and in secret by me, the moderator, via PM. Villagers don't receive a PM naturally. Those roles are Villager (good), Mafia (evil) and Werewolf (evil).

The aim of the villagers is to identify and kill all the werewolves and Mafia before the werewolves can kill enough villagers so that (#of wolves or #of mafia = #of villagers). The Serial Killer needs to get to the final 4 for them to win automatically. Only one faction (Werewolves/Mafia/Good/Third-Party) can win.

How are players killed?
Each 'turn' of the game will last 24hrs or so and also represents one 'day' of game time, thus a game will go on for several days before it is concluded. There are two 'phases' to every turn of the game;

Night Phase - : When the werewolves secretly decide amongst themselves, via PM communication, which villager (one per night) that they shall slaughter and kill and then each inform the moderator of their vote via PM. Votes for the night phase are to be in no later than 8am.
Night Phase: 5pm – 8am

Day Phase - After the slaughter has been announced, everybody, villagers and werewolves alike, discusses and ultimately votes publicly in the game-thread upon which player (one per day) that they shall lynch and kill. Votes for the day phase are to be in no later than 5pm.
Day Phase: 8am – 5pm

Obviously during the day the villagers will want the group to vote for and lynch a werewolf, whilst the werewolves themselves will want not to be lynched; herein lies the fundamental strategy of the game ; can the villagers identify the werewolves whilst at the same time convincing the rest of the group that they're not themselves a werewolf? And can the werewolves convince the group that they're not wolves at all and thus avoid being lynched?
Werewolf Etiquette
There are two main rules which everyone must follow in order for the game to run successfully;

KILLED PLAYERS MUST LEAVE THE GAME
If you are killed at any point during the game then you are no longer allowed to participate although I will allow a farewell post, but that post cannot impact the remainder of the game. Anyone breaking this rule will be banned from the next game.

THERE MUST BE NO PRIVATE COMMUNICATION BETWEEN PLAYERS EXCEPT BETWEEN WEREWOLVES and MAFIA
Between non-werewolves and mafia, sending PM's or other forms of private communication concerning the game is not allowed.

Anyone found to be breaking the above rules will be banned from the next game, and repeat offences will result in being banned from all future games should there be any; please follow the rules and keep the game legitimate.

For this game I will be introducing the Reason for Lynching rule. That being, you must have a legitimate reason for your vote from this game and this game only. Simply stating a name will see your vote disallowed. An example may be: "Croweater 41: He voted for BFFL in consecutive days who has claimed to be the seer. This is a risk us villagers can't take right now".

Voting
During the Day Phase players must vote for whom to lynch, your vote must be formatted in bold like this: Player Name.

Upon the voting deadline (end of day-phase) the votes will be tallied by the moderator and whoever has received the most will be lynched and be out of the game: remember, once killed you cannot take further part; do not reveal your roles to anyone until the game has been concluded.
Any ties in voting will be decided by a coin toss scenario.

A total inactivity of 4 consecutive phases will see you mod-killed. Missing 3 lynch votes will see you mod-killed.

During Night Phase, werewolves must PM the moderator their vote before the deadline (before the start of the following Day Phase). Again, if they fail to do so, or do not agree and votes are tied, the player slaughtered shall be chosen randomly by the moderator.

The Seers must inform the moderator of their day's 'target' via PM, if they fail to do so then they simply miss the opportunity. The vigilantes and seers will also need to PM the moderator their action, failure to do so will mean they miss their opportunity.

EVIL (9):
Alpha Werewolf (1) - The leader of the werewolves has the ability to find out the role of any person in the game and is also part of the voting group of werewolves.

Werewolf (3) - A group of wolves who by day appear as normal villagers but at night get together and kill someone. (All wolves can talk privately with each other)

Werecub (1) - Same as the werewolves, but if the werecub is killed then the werewolves will be able to make 2 kills on the next night.

Head Mafia (1) - The leader of the Mafia has the ability to find out the role of any person in the game and is also part of the voting group of mafia.

Mafia (3) -
A group of evil who will be able to kill at night.

THIRD PARTY (1):
Serial Killer (1) - They can kill one person each night. This person's intention is to be get down to the final 4. If they succeed in doing so, they win automatically.

GOOD (20):
Flogs (4) - This will be a group of four people who all know each other, they can talk privately if they wish but cannot contact anyone else. The Flogs will be provided a clue at the close of each night period to discuss.

Seer (1) - This person has the ability to see any role of any person in the game

Fake Seer (1) - This person will be told they are almighty and powerful Seer, but in fact, they may be told the wrong information.

Vigilantes (2) - This person takes it upon themselves to kill someone at night regardless of what the town thinks.

Amulet of Protection - The holder of the amulet of protection will be immune to any action throughout the night, and the day! If the holder of the amulet is lynched, the player with the next most votes will be lynched. The holder must pass the amulet on to another player after one night and day of holding the amulet. The amulet can be passed all around a particular group only once. The amulet will be given to a clueless villager on the first night.

The Killers (2) - This person chooses to kill someone if they are targeted and killed, their last action before death is to kill someone.

Cupid (1) - During the first night this peeping tom will select two individuals that will fall in love and those will become the lovers:

The Lovers - These two people are in love, if one is killed the other will also die, they need to work together and strategically. The lovers could end up being a wolf and a villager but neither will know each others roles until their death.

Villagers (9) - Just plain ordinary people who have no special skills
As you will no doubt count, the game will be restricted to 30 people. Those able to participate will be entirely at my discretion.

Prepare to be slaughtered!!

Result:

Last edited:

In

ClarkeM the reason for lynching is a good one. But for the first day, even the second day, we have nothing to go on. Will it be enforced then or not til later in the game?

In

ClarkeM the reason for lynching is a good one. But for the first day, even the second day, we have nothing to go on. Will it be enforced then or not til later in the game?
The first day, although you won't have much to go on, you'd still be able to have a reason for your vote.

If Croweater died and I was playing too, you could say "ClarkeM because he'd absolutely kill Crowwy as soon as he could".

What I don't want to see is: "Son of God because he's always evil in these games." That sort of vote will see your vote disqualified.

It will be tough for you all however there's a good chance that it will lead to better discussion and bigger cracks appearing in players' game styles and that's what I'm after most importantly: that sort of discussion.

The first day, although you won't have much to go on, you'd still be able to have a reason for your vote.

If Croweater died and I was playing too, you could say "ClarkeM because he'd absolutely kill Crowwy as soon as he could".

What I don't want to see is: "Son of God because he's always evil in these games." That sort of vote will see your vote disqualified.

It will be tough for you all however there's a good chance that it will lead to better discussion and bigger cracks appearing in players' game styles and that's what I'm after most importantly: that sort of discussion.
Nah it'll lead to no one talking because if evil doesn't post you can't give a legit reason to vote for them.

It'll be a bit tougher.

But what it will lead to is more of a discussion on the 1st day rather than "lol let's lynch pantskyle" or whoever is the unlucky victim. And that way we can't just all jump on the lynch bandwagon either.

Nah it'll lead to no one talking because if evil doesn't post you can't give a legit reason to vote for them.
Ummm what?

If it leads to no one talking then that's absolutely what evil wants so it's ON YOU TO TALK and TO DISCUSS who could be evil.

I don't believe this should be running during the season, but I'll go around I guess. :thumbsu:

In.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only have a history of 1 werewolf game to my name but i was active in that one. Can only get more experience by participating in more so count me in.

mike123 LicoriceAllsorts Citroin HaroLad
Why you should this game:
- Because it will keep me occupied this next week.
- Because it won't be ruined by incompetency or flailed down by sooks.
- Because it will be some fun and we can all enjoy a decent game this time around.

Itsmyshow Juggalo Balla Quivorir pantskyle
- Because it will be some fun and we can all enjoy a decent game this time around.

The Filth Wizard Danoz Loonerty Son of God

Ummm what?

If it leads to no one talking then that's absolutely what evil wants so it's ON YOU TO TALK and TO DISCUSS who could be evil.

If no one from evil talks are we allowed to use the reasoning "I nominate [x] because they haven't posted"?

tigland fitzroybulldog Frankston Rover Shermy

If no one from evil talks are we allowed to use the reasoning "I nominate [x] because they haven't posted"?
Well that's a legitimate reason for suspiciousness isn't it?

The rules is in place to stop people chucking in an unvalidated vote and also, to vote using the motive of past games which I disagree with.

The Filth Wizard Danoz Loonerty Son of God
Sorry, no. Can't do it justice for lack of time.

Well that's a legitimate reason for suspiciousness isn't it?

The rules is in place to stop people chucking in an unvalidated vote and also, to vote using the motive of past games which I disagree with.

Cool, that's all I was after. If we can nominate people because we're suspicious that they haven't posted then that's all good.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back