2nds West Coast Eagles WAFL Watch 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

2018 we had a reserves team ...

Get Out Theatre GIF by Tony Awards

Not sure I'd class Livingstone as an AFL player.

And that's another part of the problem, if we had an alignment someone like a Livingston might be playing in the WAFL reserves right now to continue his development.

Freo get that with Peel

The problem with the west coast stand alone team is nothing to do with the wafl/wafc but how badly the Beagles team has been mismanaged. There have been some concessions to the eagles over the Beagles teams.

A series of amendments by the West Australian Football Commission has increased the WAFL Eagles’ TPP to a maximum of 60 per cent of the base WAFL clubs’ TPP, which currently stands at $245,000 per season.

The Eagles have also received a slight increase in player recruitment points – up to 70 from 65 – and the removal of the three-year barrier will allow the club the chance to retain delisted WA players with fewer than three years’ service on the AFL
list.

The beagles have 70 points to recruit players compared to East Perth 100 points
It may not look fair till you consider this East perth have a list of sixty players
Thirteen players who are from other wafl/afl /vfl clubs make up 53 points plus 47 local zone players who are worth 1 point each.
Compare that with the beagles who have ten players worth 32 points and apart from Ruscoe, Gilbee and Sparks no others are worth it
The other 2o players are one pointers. the total of the 30 beagles players as best as i can work out is 52-55 points which means they have not used up all their points to recruit players.

as for the salary cap the beagles have a salary cap of approximately 140,000 compared to wafl's clubs $265,000
is this fair. It is because wafl teams pay all league players a minimum game fee and several players would be getting game fees to have them player wafl and not play country. At East Perth i would Assume Scott Jones, Schoemaker, Crowden, Brayshaw,Nick Robertson, Angus Scott and Mcreadie would eat up much of the salary cap.
I doubt that apart from Jackson Nelson, Trey Ruscoe, Jason Gilbee and Harley Sparks that anybody will be getting anything but minimum game fees.I would expect that the Eagles are not using all their salary cap.

As for Recruiting/player retention this has been poor with Waterman and Sumich among others leaving.
What is more alarming is that with the rules being loosened about recruiting delisted players that the Eagles could not convince any to play. Xavier O'neill went back to Victoria which is understandable, Not sure where SPP is. Greg Clark and Luke Foley have gone back to Subi. Connor West back to West Perth and Winder decided not to go to Peel where he might struggle to get a game and has ended up South Fremantle. How much effort was there to convince them to play for the Beagles.I suspect all these players had more reasons not to play for the Beagles then to to play for them.

The problem with the west coast stand alone team is nothing to do with the wafl/wafc but how badly the Beagles team has been mismanaged. There have been some concessions to the eagles over the Beagles teams.

A series of amendments by the West Australian Football Commission has increased the WAFL Eagles’ TPP to a maximum of 60 per cent of the base WAFL clubs’ TPP, which currently stands at $245,000 per season.

The Eagles have also received a slight increase in player recruitment points – up to 70 from 65 – and the removal of the three-year barrier will allow the club the chance to retain delisted WA players with fewer than three years’ service on the AFL
list.

It may not look fair till you consider this East perth have a list of sixty players
Thirteen players who are from other wafl/afl /vfl clubs make up 53 points plus 47 local zone players who are worth 1 point each.
Compare that with the beagles who have ten players worth 32 points and apart from Ruscoe, Gilbee and Sparks no others are worth it
The other 2o players are one pointers. the total of the 30 beagles players as best as i can work out is 52-55 points which means they have not used up all their points to recruit players.

as for the salary cap the beagles have a salary cap of approximately 140,000 compared to wafl's clubs $265,000
is this fair. It is because wafl teams pay all league players a minimum game fee and several players would be getting game fees to have them player wafl and not play country. At East Perth i would Assume Scott Jones, Schoemaker, Crowden, Brayshaw,Nick Robertson, Angus Scott and Mcreadie would eat up much of the salary cap.
I doubt that apart from Jackson Nelson, Trey Ruscoe, Jason Gilbee and Harley Sparks that anybody will be getting anything but minimum game fees.I would expect that the Eagles are not using all their salary cap.

As for Recruiting/player retention this has been poor with Waterman and Sumich among others leaving.
What is more alarming is that with the rules being loosened about recruiting delisted players that the Eagles could not convince any to play. Xavier O'neill went back to Victoria which is understandable, Not sure where SPP is. Greg Clark and Luke Foley have gone back to Subi. Connor West back to West Perth and Winder decided not to go to Peel where he might struggle to get a game and has ended up South Fremantle. How much effort was there to convince them to play for the Beagles.I suspect all these players had more reasons not to play for the Beagles then to to play for them.

Wouldn’t it better for the club to play in a competition where we play against opponents that have the same rules as us…an even playing field.

If the club deems that is the best option for performance improvement, we should join the VFL/national reserves comp.

As I recall it, the WAFL clubs opposed WC having a standalone side in the first place.

list.

At the end of the day, the WAFL still believe themselves to be ‘WA’s top tier football league’ and have always hated their status of a training ground and a feeder league for the big league.

The Eagles, like Port and Adelaide, realise it’s time to stop trying to fit into a place that would really rather you weren’t there and does what it can to limit your operations.

Freo can do what they want, Peel are unique in that they know as soon as they lose Freo, the ‘Original’ WAFL clubs will get to work at getting rid of their club again. There is nothing surer.

It’s just time to move on from an antiquated league that has never been able to accept it’s true place in the grand scheme of things.

list.

Unless it’s a Victorian with no link to a wafl club you are never going to convince a Clark, foley, west or any other person from Wa to stay and play for the game very club that has just given them the sack…

Those guys want to do what’s best for them and best for their football not play for a side with no hope or desire or winning, possibly won’t play where they are best suited and the odd occasion where they might not get a game at all… it’s just not going to happen.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Unless it’s a Victorian with no link to a wafl club you are never going to convince a Clark, foley, west or any other person from Wa to stay and play for the game very club that has just given them the sack…

Those guys want to do what’s best for them and best for their football not play for a side with no hope or desire or winning, possibly won’t play where they are best suited and the odd occasion where they might not get a game at all… it’s just not going to happen.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Except McInnes signed on as captain after being delisted.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Except McInnes signed on as captain after being delisted.
And Jackson nelson.
For those who keep backing the eagles heirachy think about this.
Perth went and got three victorians when they are a basket case and the eagles can't/won't get any.
Perth got former Afl players Charlie Constable and Sam Simpson and a Vfl player called aaron Clarke.
This club has become complacent and lazy from the Afl to the Wafl.
Go join the Vfl but unless somebody is put in who puts in the hard yards to recruit better second tier players you will have the same result and the same posters will keep defending the club.

And Jackson nelson.
Perth went and got three victorians when they are a basket case and the eagles can't/won't get any.
Perth got former Afl players Charlie Constable and Sam Simpson and a Vfl player.
This club has become complacent from the Afl to the Wafl.
Go join the Vfl but unless somebody is put in who puts in the hard yards to recruit better second tier players you will have the same result and the same posters will keep defending the club.

At least we’ll be shot of the WAFL, WA’s premier inner city suburban league featuring Bassendean.

And Jackson nelson.
Perth got former Afl players Charlie Constable and Sam Simpson and a Vfl player called aaron Clarke.
This club has become complacent and lazy from the Afl to the Wafl.

They did recruit Gillbee, from country NSW and the Giants rookie list.

Personally I think the top up list is decent, it’s not the reason for our predicament. We shouldn’t be losing by 15 goals with the side we put out on the field yesterday.

They did recruit Gillbee, from country NSW and the Giants rookie list.

Personally I think the top up list is decent, it’s not the reason for our predicament. We shouldn’t be losing by 15 goals with the side we put out on the field yesterday.

We only recruited Gilbee to Harley Reid happy though.

Harley will also be choosing our next coach, CEO and new team colours.

We only recruited Gilbee to Harley Reid happy though.

Harley will also be choosing our next coach, CEO and new team colours.

Think yesterday showed he's pretty happy with the colours.

At least we’ll be shot of the WAFL, WA’s premier inner city suburban league featuring Bassendean.
it wasn't that long ago the Eagles played at the antiquated subiaco oval.
Once the Eagles join the Afl reserves you won't playing Beagles games on AFL ovals they will be on suburban ovals and maybe worse than current Wafl ovals.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back