SAMPI,Ashley 16 6 10 2 1 2 2 0 1
NICOSKI, Mark 16 8 8 3 0 0 2 0 0
HANSEN Ashley 15 12 3 6 3 1 0 1 2
RUDEFORTH Clancy 11 7 4 5 0 0 1 0 0
McINTOSH Ashley 10 6 4 0 2 0 1 2 2
ADKINS Damien 10 7 3 2 0 0 3 0 1
BEECK, Zac 9 8 1 3 0 1 3 3 8
SEABY Mark 7 4 3 1 0 0 1 1 4

Quinten Lynch provided the Falcons with a target at centre half forward. Lynch was (apparently) impressive on the weekend getting quite a bit of the ball in the terrible conditions at Joondalup on the weekend.

Playing off half back, Nicoski sparked many of the Lions’ forward forays with his attacking, running style of play. Nicoski got the better of Fremantle listed player Anthony Jones and with his long kicking helped get the ball into the hands of full forward Brad Smith.

Jeremy Humm made a key contribution in the heavy conditions.

Sampi has probably done enough to earn a recall to the side next week.

McIntosh will see how he pulls up after his game for Claremont.

Ashley Hansen is showing some good signs.

I'm surprised that Lynch was overlooked and Siera was selected when thinking about it. Maybe Lynch is not in our long term plans.

if lynch played well in ****ty conditions then we should include him in our side to play in Geelong cause you know it's going to **** down and a small cyclone will come through skilled stadium.

Is this Humm's first week back from injury? Should be a chance since Green, Read and Collica all played ****house. I would like to see Lynch get a game before the end of the year, maybe the Melbourne game? Will be interesting to see if Sampi has lost enough fat by the weekend to get a recall.

Once again Lynch and Hansen have put their hand up for selection - any bets on them still not getting a game.

Sampi did OK, but not enough IMO.

Humm should looks good for this week.

Humm was terrific in shocking conditions. He'll be remembered as the bloke that missed the kickable goal in the last minute (to bring East Perth's total to 0.9 for the day) but he did really well in tackles and possessions.

It was one of Lynch's better days this year too. Both would be in contention, but I can't see too many changes.

Originally posted by Voice of Reason
Humm was terrific in shocking conditions. He'll be remembered as the bloke that missed the kickable goal in the last minute (to bring East Perth's total to 0.9 for the day) but he did really well in tackles and possessions.

It was one of Lynch's better days this year too. Both would be in contention, but I can't see too many changes.

On a day where big men shouldn't have had much influence, Lynch was very good. To call the conditions miserable is an understatement, there were ducks on the ground. Lucky the breeze wasn't too strong.

It was reported that Woosha was at the game, and if he saw what I saw, Lynch should be in the side and Humm would be very close.

BTW, the umpires were the difference between the sides. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.;)

I also noted a couple of young guys to watch out for running around for the Falcons in Selesic (clever midfielder) and LeCras (tough backman).

Originally posted by Uncle Tony
On a day where big men shouldn't have had much influence, Lynch was very good. To call the conditions miserable is an understatement, there were ducks on the ground. Lucky the breeze wasn't too strong.

It was reported that Woosha was at the game, and if he saw what I saw, Lynch should be in the side and Humm would be very close.

BTW, the umpires were the difference between the sides. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.;)

I also noted a couple of young guys to watch out for running around for the Falcons in Selesic (clever midfielder) and LeCras (tough backman).

Tony's comments (while mostly correct) should be read int he context that all East Perth fans left the ground at half time..........

Woosha was there - (open air) corporate box 3 rows from the back with Gepp. Remarkably patient with the nongs who bail him up to share their expertise with him.

Originally posted by Voice of Reason
Tony's comments (while mostly correct) should be read int he context that all East Perth fans left the ground at half time..........

Not quite right, There wasn't any cover at Joondalup,we were washed away!:D

My friend and I managed to get into the grandstand at quater time, down the bottom, out of the rain. Next thing we know we're in the middle of Marbles Wilson and the Royal's hierarchy. Couldn't've picked a better day to so!

Frustrating as the game was, there was still humour about the group. When one old bloke couldn't bear watching Tuckey taking a shot (I think) in the last quater, Marbles jibed "You've watched the crap all day, what's the difference now?", funny the truth in humour. The old bloke then watched as Tuckey went on to miss the shot. :(

[/B]Woosha was there - (open air) corporate box 3 rows from the back with Gepp. Remarkably patient with the nongs who bail him up to share their expertise with him. [/B]

"nongs" spelt F-a-l-c-o-n M-e-m-b-e-r-s . Couldn't have been any of us as we'd all left apparently ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back