West Coast Warriors!

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls.
Frodo will not play another game for the Warriors this season. So a replacement Vice Captain is needed. Iceman has expressed his interest in the past so he seems the logical choice. You want it Iceman?

Does anybody else want to challenge him for the spot? If so let me know.

As VC you will have the tiltle only, no discussions about team selection or strategies. You can expect to find you have been dropped from the side without warning.

WCW is the wrong name for the side, it should be "Jod23 & Minions"

I am happy with Iceman to be the VC. Well respected in the team and a good all round sportsman. ;)

Has Frodo left the side for good? Will he be back next season after?

Frodo chucked a wobbly. He was dropped from the side which he didnt like so he doesnt want to be included for the rest of the season and will be looking for a new team next season.

So Iceman do you want the gig.

Originally posted by jod23
Frodo chucked a wobbly. He was dropped from the side which he didnt like so he doesnt want to be included for the rest of the season and will be looking for a new team next season.

Bit unfair Jod. As VC I was left in the lurch when you went absent without even the team list. You have no room for a VC, you just want to run the side yourself. You have never PM'd me once about any aspect of WCW other than asking me to stand down as VC at start of season to stop iceman leaving.
Well, I believe that just as in AFL that players have to be respected. How would Gardy feel if his first knowledge about been dropped was to read it in the'West'? A PM to players explaining actions before posting a side seems reasonable, look at icemans reaction to your batting demotion!!!! And whoever your new VC is needs to have a dialogue with you.
I Don't think WCW needs a new VC, it needs a new captain that will communicate. Yep, let Iceman run the side and I'll stay.

D4E, Yes, I find loyalty important, but I never heard of any problems between you and Jod (or EKA). Like Mitch White, I am a West Coast man, but he was treated badly by KJ and went to Geelong. Unfortunately we had an extremely bad coach.

Just my 2c worth

As VC of the West Coast Magic, Jod took every opportunity possible to get my thoughts/opinions on the weekly lineups

As to the WCW, im not sure but i would expect his captaincy to be nothing less than professional

I'll be happy to take the role of VC if theres no objections

Originally posted by Frodo

I Don't think WCW needs a new VC, it needs a new captain that will communicate. Yep, let Iceman run the side and I'll stay.

Jod doesnt and has never said he owns the team.... if you feel that the team is so badly managed, put yourself forward as a captaincy candidate and we can vote on it

Looks a bit better than chucking a wobbly and leaving

Originally posted by Frodo
Bit unfair Jod. As VC I was left in the lurch when you went absent without even the team list. You have no room for a VC, you just want to run the side yourself. You have never PM'd me once about any aspect of WCW other than asking me to stand down as VC at start of season to stop iceman leaving.
Well, I believe that just as in AFL that players have to be respected. How would Gardy feel if his first knowledge about been dropped was to read it in the'West'? A PM to players explaining actions before posting a side seems reasonable, look at icemans reaction to your batting demotion!!!! And whoever your new VC is needs to have a dialogue with you.

D4E, Yes, I find loyalty important, but I never heard of any problems between you and Jod (or EKA). Like Mitch White, I am a West Coast man, but he was treated badly by KJ and went to Geelong. Unfortunately we had an extremely bad coach.

Oh cmon....lol

For starters you werent left in the lurch when I went on holiday because I posted a thread saying that the VC's would have to assume control of both the Warriors and Magic whilst I was away. You never responded to the thread and I think Iceman posted the sides while I was away??

Secondly I didnt PM you when I dropped you just like I didnt PM you when I drop anyone from either the Magic or Warriors. That would be too time consuming and it's not really that important (being a fantasy game and all)

It's true the only time I have PM'd you was when I asked you if you still wanted the VC role because Iceman had expressed interest but it is also true that you have never PM'd me about the side either. Never once before team selection do I get a PM from you regarding tactics. I have however being contacted by Iceman before about the side and he isnt even the VC.

Iceman was dropped to 6th not because he was bad just because we had been collapsing of late and he is a great batsmen so hopefully any collapse would be halted by Iceman. I explained that to him.

If you believe we need a new captain then by all means put your hand up and the team can vote for a new captain.

I would have thought an adult like yourself wouldnt have chucked a wobbly about missing a fantasy team for the first time since the beginning of the fantasy competition.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by iceman
Mate, you've just guaranteed yourself a weekly spot no worries ;)

Only genuine all rounder in the side, you can't afford to drop me. ;)

Originally posted by jod23
If you believe we need a new captain then by all means put your hand up and the team can vote for a new captain.

I think thats a very good idea....

Frodo, please feel free to start a thread with potential captains named... then we can get the voting started asap

Remove this Banner Ad

Back