15th - AnUltimateRessie - 630 votes
28th - damicky - 235 votes
32nd - DenieD - 219 votes
36th - Grand Uncle Horace - 181 votes
44th - HARPSichord - 143 votes
78th - MayTheNorthBeWithU - 35 votes
93rd - SSwans2011 - 13 votes

Hi All,

your Capitano AnUltimateRessie has invited me to move to your suburb.....Rassadge...can't find it on the Melways yet...but I'm here having signed the lease, put up the bond and booked the moving truck for Jan 2024.

I'm keeping my bolthole here in Carlton just in case...I get nervous about new neighbours.

Please call me Pamcake, Pamikins, Pambo or Pamzilla....just not Pam ok....and don't call me late for dinner.

I've already met a few of you briefly on the Wolef slaughterhouse floor and look forward to meeting the rest of you as I stumble around the neighbourhood trying to find my way as I've never lived this far from Melbs CBD.

Thanks and Cheers,

Pamcake.

Screenshot 2023-12-23 at 7.21.10 am.png

Hi All,

your Capitano AnUltimateRessie has invited me to move to your suburb.....Rassadge...can't find it on the Melways yet...but I'm here having signed the lease, put up the bond and booked the moving truck for Jan 2024.

I'm keeping my bolthole here in Carlton just in case...I get nervous about new neighbours.

Please call me Pamcake, Pamikins, Pambo or Pamzilla....just not Pam ok....and don't call me late for dinner.

I've already met a few of you briefly on the Wolef slaughterhouse floor and look forward to meeting the rest of you as I stumble around the neighbourhood trying to find my way as I've never lived this far from Melbs CBD.

Thanks and Cheers,

Pamcake.

View attachment 1876940
Yay!! Welcome Pamcake!

Hi All,

Thanks and Cheers,

Pamcake.

View attachment 1876940
Welcome to this neck of the woods Pamigiana. Go blues!!

Hi All,

Thanks and Cheers,

Pamcake.

View attachment 1876940

Top Drawer news.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

not four words that are oft seen together!

Welcome
My Mother used to say to me,"There was a girl with a curl right in the middle of her forehead, when she was nice she was very, very nice and when she was bad she was horrid". That said I have grown up a lot....

My Mother used to say to me,"There was a girl with a curl right in the middle of her forehead, when she was nice she was very, very nice and when she was bad she was horrid". That said I have grown up a lot....

My kid sister copped the same.

Heavens to Murgatroyd. I see you spent part of your youth in Castlemaine. I am prolly moving there in 2024.

My kid sister copped the same.

Heavens to Murgatroyd. I see you spent part of your youth in Castlemaine. I am prolly moving there in 2024.
Now a days we call the Maine upper Northcote.

Not like it was in the 1970's when it was a real town, with industries like 'the Woolen Mills, Thompsons Foundary and the Bacon factory...the only one that exists now, which was once Castle Hams and now multinational owned...the Bac fac or the Baco as it's known.

My old school is now the Supermarket in the centre of town. Just a facade....of gutted memories....sigh.
My siblings have all moved back there....so I go up a lot but then I've never stopped heading up the Calder.

I have forebears on both sides who once lived there.... a lot of history and I know a lot of its history as we studied it at school back then of course the gold rush meant a lot of people's forebears were there once.

Where exactly in the Maine are you moving to?

Last edited:
Now a days we call the Maine upper Northcote.
Full of crafty retirees and trustfund babies all with faux pioneer attitude and they %$#@ing drive everywhere!

Not like it was in the 1970's when it was a real town, with industries like 'the Woolen Mills, Thompsons Foundary and the Bacon factory...the only one that exists now, which was once Castle Hams and now multinational owned...the Bac fac or the Baco as it's known.

My old school is now the Supermarket in the centre of town. Just a facade....of gutted memories....sigh.
My siblings have all moved back there....so I go up a lot but then I've never stopped heading up the Calder.

I have forebears on both sides who once lived there.... a lot of history and I know a lot of its history as we studied it at school back then of course the gold rush meant a lot of people's forebears were there once.

Where exactly in the Maine are you moving to?

Unclear. I stay up there with the fave ex Ms H who has a joint close to the station. I like it. And yep I get that it has become a rural Northcote.

She has been lobbying me to move there and we will do a dual occupancy thing.

Unclear. I stay up there with the fave ex Ms H who has a joint close to the station. I like it. And yep I get that it has become a rural Northcote.

She has been lobbying me to move there and we will do a dual occupancy thing.
Yes, it is a beautiful town and I appologise for my rather brutal take down of the blow ins...I don't mean to offend.
Like a lot of places it has it's good and bad and like a lot of Australian places, the pace of change and disconnect of community is hard to adjust to...because memories and values...get trampled in the scramble of the Hunger Games that the world has become.

Sounds like your Ms H. has the right idea......I am all for sharing and caring for resources both human and natural.
My friends and I often joke about making our own retirement compound.... both here and in France....the one in France is at my friend's farm...where we all have roles...mine is the 'Ministre de mauvais gout" (bad taste) her husband is the Dictator and she is the Paysannes (I don't think I have to explain that).

Back to the Maine.....topographically it sits in a natural bowl with its own micro climate (unlike Pleurisy Plains... Kyneton for instance)...surrounded by the 3 ancient volcanos...Mt Alexander, Mt Frankiln and Mt Tarrengower....which makes for violent thunderstorms....our house got hit once and blew us all out of our beds, fused all the light bulbs to the sockets & blew up the fridge and every other appliance that was plugged in.....turned out there was no earth wire.... made me scared like dogs are.
This also means good soil for growing as you would know by all the glorious gardens there.

I went to school with 'Uncle' Ricky (same form) and he's a good mate of my brothers....if he ever does his tours again go on one.....facinating.... a word that doesn't do justice to what he knows...and tragic... if you ever go to Mt Franklin...you can still feel the dark suffering of souls that the place still holds, because that's where they(we) rounded them up putting them on the weather side in a reservation and then left them to starve and die of cold.

Ok enough gas bagging from me.... now it's your turn to tell a tale Uncle.....I've got to get a wriggle on and make a pav for the family table tomorrow.

Last edited:
Yes, it is a beautiful town and I appologise for my rather brutal take down of the blow ins...I don't mean to offend.
Like a lot of places it has it's good and bad and like a lot of Australian places, the pace of change and disconnect of community is hard to adjust to...because memories and values...get trampled in the scramble of the Hunger Games that the world has become.

Sounds like your Ms H. has the right idea......I am all for sharing and caring for resources both human and natural.
My friends and I often joke about making our own retirement compound.... both here and in France....the one in France is at my friend's farm...where we all have roles...mine is the 'Ministre de mauvais gout" (bad taste) her husband is the Dictator and she is the Paysannes (I don't think I have to explain that).

Back to the Maine.....topographically it sits in a natural bowl with its own micro climate (unlike Pleurisy Plains... Kyneton for instance)...surrounded by the 3 ancient volcanos...Mt Alexander, Mt Frankiln and Mt Tarrengower....which makes for violent thunderstorms....our house got hit once and blew us all out of our beds, fused all the light bulbs to the sockets & blew up the fridge and every other appliance that was plugged in.....turned out there was no earth wire.... made me scared like dogs are.
This also means good soil for growing as you would know by all the glorious gardens there.

I went to school with 'Uncle' Ricky (same form) and he's a good mate of my brothers....if he ever does his tours again go on one.....facinating.... a word that doesn't do justice to what he knows...and tragic... if you ever go to Mt Franklin...you can still feel the dark suffering of souls that the place still holds, because that's where they(we) rounded them up putting them on the weather side in a reservation and then left them to starve and die of cold.

Ok enough gas bagging from me.... now it's your turn to tell a tale Uncle.....I've got to get a wriggle on and make a pav for the family table tomorrow.

some rather despicable descendants of mine owned a gold mine in Maldon… cornish campaigners one and all. I avoid those shytes like the pox.

some rather despicable descendants of mine owned a gold mine in Maldon… cornish campaigners one and all. I avoid those shytes like the pox.
On my Mother's side her Cornish relatives are buried in the Fryerstown cemetery...the Cornish of course already being miners came out in droves.
On my Father's side his kin were quick to make a business selling equipment to the miners...and that man ended up with a big Hotel just near the railway station in Castlemaine, which burnt down in the late 1800's, it was where the equipment hire place is opposite the Goods Shed on Kennedy St.
So many people have connections to the area.....poxy relo's and all.....Have a good Chrissie...see you on the village green tommorrow.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back