Official Match Thread S36 Second Semi Final: Baghdad Bombers versus West Coast Wonders at Abdu Prison [MOTR]

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 12, 2021
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, LA Lakers, LSU Tigers
ITS FINALS TIME, BABY!

Rock And Roll Nbc GIF by America's Got Talent

Congrats - your team has made it to the last 6 of 12 teams in a randomised simulation online game of football, what an astounding and massive achievement!

In all seriousness though - It is well documented, that there is so only much that Qooty skills on game day will do for you in this farmers league. The key to gaining an advantage is via subterfuge. In the effort to keep this a fair and unbiased competition still, I have done the dirty work for you lot, sneaking into each training facility during the early hours of Monday morning and taking snapshots of what’s on the team boards…so finalists, once again, you can just thank me later for the tireless, thankless work that is Melon journalism.

Let's check the teams!

1700442723156.png

WEST COAST WONDERS
wonders.png
1700443016416.png

Fresh off a lost grand final last year, damicky and co have been working hard behind the scenes to ensure they go one step further this year. This includes rumors of signing players with usernames such as 'IlovetheSIM' and 'WondersFurTheWin', so only time will tell how far that gets them. Also of note, however, is that while the Wonders scored over 1400pts and again were a slick offensive unit, their defense had more holes in it than....well, swiss chess. They come up against a rampaging bombers outfit that are perhaps one of the hardest to slow down in recent history, when momentum is going their way. Can HARPSichord AnUltimateRessie Grand Uncle Horace and co hit that post count, avoid melting when pressure is applied and find their way to a prelim? You'd hate to be the Bombers team that loses to THIS outfit.

Screen Shot 2023-11-20 at 11.14.29 am.png

BAGHDAD BOMBERS
bombers.png

1700442991937.png

A tale as old as time. Unstoppable force meets immovable object. Except if you ask Baghdad, they are both the unstoppable force and immovable object. So they're net neutral and going nowhere? Anyway, back to the task at hand.

Kilroy and BLUEALLTHRU have curated this list year after year, it feels this team is always there or thereabouts and to the ire of the SFA they always find a way to be relevant (keep your enemies closer, etc?). This powerhouse team probably should have had a few more wins in Season 36, they sullied away some valuable premiership points too often but gained the double chance nonetheless. Despite boasting the best percentage league wide of over 112, the Bears showed last week there is a blue print to beating this team and it's not playing Whack-A-Camel in the lead up. What is sure to be a high scoring affair, which of these dominant offenses will come out on top? More importantly, do the Wonders know if they lose to the Bombers they are required to rename their first-born children to Abdu? Oof, big test.

Wait Theres More GIF by GIPHY Studios 2022

Melon, where are the patented secrets, I hear you ask? Well given you made it to the end of the post and definitely didn't skip to the end, here is the reward for your efforts

THE SECRET FORMULA*
Screen Shot 2023-11-20 at 11.30.37 am.png
*Definitely proven to win you the game, 50% of the time

Captains, do the team sheet thing by Thursday 11:59pm AWST Pugsley damicky
Good luck!​

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-11-20 at 11.05.24 am.png
    Screen Shot 2023-11-20 at 11.05.24 am.png
    81.2 KB · Views: 14

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great OP thewizardmelon
G’day Wonders & a wonderful welcome to my comrade Bombers, just a warning to all …. probably not to the Wonders as they won’t be in our change room.
As you can see I’ve just finished putting the final touches to the lockers of our new recruits for S37, you may find the paint is still wet. Oh & Captain Pugsley , I covered their pictures so no one will know who they are. 🫢

phonto.jpeg

Great OP thewizardmelon
G’day Wonders & a wonderful welcome to my comrade Bombers, just a warning to all …. probably not to the Wonders as they won’t be in our change room.
As you can see I’ve just finished putting the final touches to the lockers of our new recruits for S37, you may find the paint is still wet. Oh & Captain Pugsley , I covered their pictures so no one will know who they are. 🫢

View attachment 1856514
Weird to see that middle locker in the Bombers locker room not the bandits

Remove this Banner Ad

Back