Official Team Thread West Coast Wonders Season 19 Team Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

8ScmUJl.png

ROUND 10: vs. Baghdad Bandits​

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

ClarkeM THE HERO WE NEEDED. 2/11 HERE WE COME PREMIERSHIP!!!!!!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

LET ME MAKE LOVE TO YOU ClarkeM YOU ******* GOD

That says it all, really.

The Wonders came out HYPED up after our first win of the season with a stellar first half, and the chart Brown Bottle found certainly looked to have some merit.

I just found this on a website about Nostradamus. What do you think it means?

View attachment 126021

Midway through the third, it still had plenty of merit, as we took a game high 47 point lead. But then:

West Coast Wonders : 15.9.99
Baghdad Bandits : 16.5.101

It was all coming back to us. After two long weeks, we were remembering how to choke. Well, until ClarkeM kicked our next 3, and we... you know... won? ClarkeM was obviously instrumental with 7, but Golumless was also massive with 32 touches. Beer n Skittles was also great with 4 hitouts, 16 touches and 3 goals. Golumless was obviously optimistic about our chances moving forward.

2 wins in a row.

Fight for the spoon is truly alive now.

Votes:
8 -
ClarkeM
7 - Golumless
2 - TrueTiger
1 - Beer n Skittls

ROUND 11: vs. Roys FFC

Hey, you remember that losing thing? We did that again. The Roys blew us out of the water in a spirited last quarterdisplay for Fred in his record breaking game. Brown Bottle was great again with 10 hitouts, 17 touches and 2 goals. Beer n Skittles continued his good form with 23 touches and hen da man was impressive with 6 tackles and 2 goals. There weren't many highlights. The big man Brown Bottle had this to say after another great performance from him.

Who invented this ******* sim? What a stinky piece of s**t it is! And other similar sentiments aimed at Mobbenfuhrer

Well played Roys. Thanks for the week

Votes:
9 -
Beer n Skittles
4 - hen da man
3 - croweater 41
2 - Brown Bottle

ROUND 12: vs. East Side Hawks

******* bullshit. ******* sim poster arsehole. SSwans2011 you campaigner. Another poor loss for us here. At least it was a close one, unlike the Roys. Brown Bottle was massive (literally) again, winning the hitouts 18-10 and kicking 3 goals. Not much to get excited about other than that, but there was also Golumless with 23 touches and SSwans2011 with 20 touches. The team was seemingly mentally drained again after the HaroLad saga, and could therefore not run out the 4th and stumbled to a 22 point loss.

Votes:
9 -
Golumless
6 - Brown Bottle
2 - SSwans2011
1 - ClarkeM

LEADERBOARD:
38 - croweater 41
34 - ClarkeM
34 - Brown Bottle
27 - SSwans2011
22 - Beer n Skittles
18 - Golumless
17 - HaroLad
16 - hen da man
4 - Truetiger
3 - royals1922
2 - Daniel1812
1 - RookieListed

8ScmUJl.png

ROUND 10: vs. Baghdad Bandits

That says it all, really.

The Wonders came out HYPED up after our first win of the season with a stellar first half, and the chart Brown Bottle found certainly looked to have some merit.

Midway through the third, it still had plenty of merit, as we took a game high 47 point lead. But then:

It was all coming back to us. After two long weeks, we were remembering how to choke. Well, until ClarkeM kicked our next 3, and we... you know... won? ClarkeM was obviously instrumental with 7, but Golumless was also massive with 32 touches. Beer n Skittles was also great with 4 hitouts, 16 touches and 3 goals. Golumless was obviously optimistic about our chances moving forward.

Votes:
8 -
ClarkeM
7 - Golumless
2 - TrueTiger
1 - Beer n Skittls

ROUND 11: vs. Roys FFC

Hey, you remember that losing thing? We did that again. The Roys blew us out of the water in a spirited last quarterdisplay for Fred in his record breaking game. Brown Bottle was great again with 10 hitouts, 17 touches and 2 goals. Beer n Skittles continued his good form with 23 touches and hen da man was impressive with 6 tackles and 2 goals. There weren't many highlights. The big man Brown Bottle had this to say after another great performance from him.

Votes:
9 -
Beer n Skittles
4 - hen da man
3 - croweater 41
2 - Brown Bottle

ROUND 12: vs. East Side Hawks

******* bullshit. ******* sim poster arsehole. SSwans2011 you campaigner. Another poor loss for us here. At least it was a close one, unlike the Roys. Brown Bottle was massive (literally) again, winning the hitouts 18-10 and kicking 3 goals. Not much to get excited about other than that, but there was also Golumless with 23 touches and SSwans2011 with 20 touches. The team was seemingly mentally drained again after the HaroLad saga, and could therefore not run out the 4th and stumbled to a 22 point loss.

Votes:
9 -
Golumless
6 - Brown Bottle
2 - SSwans2011
1 - ClarkeM

LEADERBOARD:
38 - croweater 41
34 - ClarkeM
34 - Brown Bottle
27 - SSwans2011
22 - Beer n Skittles
18 - Golumless

17 - HaroLad
16 - hen da man
4 - Truetiger
3 - royals1922
2 - Daniel1812
1 - RookieListed
8 votes? BULLSHIT!!!!

It was that good of a game from me, I probably deserved 10 FFS!

sOzmv5R.png

It is now time for the most honourable award of the night, as we induct two players into the Hall of Fame!

Our two inductees tonight are both on our current list, still significant members of the team. In fact, those words could have easily been said for the past 10 seasons. Yep, both players debuted in season 9 and have been great servicemen for a great club since. 10 years on and they have multiple Best & Fairest awards between them, 3 Premierships and are recognised as veterans of the competition by the whole competition.

The first of the two could be on his way to a Mobbs this year. He's been instrumental for us this season in the midfield (I know - way to spoil it SSwans2011). He is a consistently active poster, and those talents have clearly been recognised with offers flooding in now that he's finally deciding to leave the Wonders after his tenth anniversary. We'll still recognise his many, many achievements at this club though. ;) All jokes aside, this bloke is a former captain, a Premiership coach AND now officially a legend of the club...

so get on up here croweater 41.

Congratulations, mate! Your contributions have been massive and will be eternally appreciated by the Wonders.

Our second inductee isn't as active as croweater 41 nowadays; however, he is a 3x Best & Fairest - the last of those being just last year. This season he hasn't been as prominent, but he's still a key cog of the Wonders, playing at Centre Half Back. Another truly well deserved inductee, and as said before - it's only appropriate that he's inducted with croweater 41... Welcome to the Wonders Hall of Fame...

Shallow!

Congratulations, fellas. After 10 seasons, 3 flags, and multiple Best & Fairest awards, you have your well-deserved legend status. We really appreciate everything both of you have done for the club.

theatermove.gif

8ScmUJl.png

ROUND 14: vs. Geelong Wolves​

In a slow, slow start the Wonders kicked just 1 goal 4 compared to the Wolves 3 in the first term. 3 goals in 3 minutes early in the second quarter became a 2 goal lead at half time - the Wolves accuracy (6 goals straight), the only thing keeping them close. The third quarter was again scrappy, with the wolves kicking the 3 goals to the Wonders 2 as we took just a one goal lead into the last. The Wonders were able to lift in the last; however, and defy some bullshit umpiring to pick up our third win for the season in a close match. The fact that we only won the free kick count 13-6... Rubbish. Stupid umpires. Storm20 had a great return kicking 2 - impressing the co-captains.

Looks like we've uncovered a gem in Storm20... 1 game, 2 goals, 1 win.

Welcome back, Storm20!

Otherwise, this was simply an awesome team effort with no real standouts, as we functioned beautifully.

Votes:
8 -
royals1922
4 - Storm20
3 - ClarkeM
2 - croweater 41
1 - Golumless

LEADERBOARD:
40 - Brown Bottle
40 - croweater 41
37 - ClarkeM
27 - SSwans2011
22 - Beer n Skittles
19 - Golumless
18 - hen da man

17 - HaroLad
15 - royals1922
4 - Wooljay

4 - Truetiger
4 - Storm20
3 - RookieListed

2 - Daniel1812

8ScmUJl.png

Marklar_33 kicked a goal one and a half minutes into the game, and boy oh boy did that set the scene for the rest of the game. He was massive - kicking 6 big ones for the game and forcing the Demons to move Smartys Power off of him who had been having a great season prior. In the last game of the season, the Wonders produced a delicious performance and gave the fans a juicy taste of waht to expect next season, absolutely flogging the Demons by almost 10 goals. TheMidRunner was promising in his debut in the Back Pocket and Rising Star winner LicoriceAllsorts flew the flag in his first season, flattening a previous Mobbs Medalist.

1 : 2.58 {lHBF} - Someone call an ambulance for lanky_wes . LicoriceAllsorts lined him up and did the job well.
2 : 21.13 {C} - Great bump by LicoriceAllsorts. lanky_wes has not moved.

sorry old mate

This, again was another great team performance. ClarkeM could have been absolutely massive, but he couldn't nail his shots like Marklar, kicking 3.6, but that just showed the dominance of the Marklar_33 and ClarkeM duo. They were absolutely unstoppable.

This game truly was a brilliant way to end the season, and to start our run towards next year's flag... but how would it affect the Best & Fairest count?

For this round, we'll go through the votes one by one from each voter.

Voter 1:
3 votes... Marklar_33
2 votes... Golumless
1 vote.... Shallow

Voter 2:
3 votes... Marklar_33
2 votes... Shallow
1 vote... LicoriceAllsorts

Voter 3:
3 votes... Marklar_33
2 votes... Golumless
1 vote... LicoriceAllsorts

Which leaves us with...

LEADERBOARD:
40 - Brown Bottle
40 - croweater 41
37 - ClarkeM
27 - SSwans2011
23 - Golumless
22 - Beer n Skittles
18 - hen da man

17 - HaroLad
15 - royals1922
9 - Marklar_33
4 - Wooljay

4 - Truetiger
4 - Storm20
3 - RookieListed

3 - Shallow
2 - Daniel1812

2 - LicoriceAllsorts

And therefore... CONGRATULATIONS TO THE WINNERS OF THE SEASON 19 WEST COAST WONDERS BEST & FAIREST MEDAL...

Brown Bottle and croweater 41!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And on that positive note, we can officially conclude Season 19 and start looking towards the club's 20th season! Congratulations to Brown Bottle, croweater 41, Shallow and LicoriceAllsorts on the awards you received tonight. Absolutely well deserved, lads. Some of the real shining beacons of light that was a dark season on the field, but very bright off. Also, commiserations ClarkeM, devastatingly close in a great season from you. Just because you didn't receive the award does not mean we cannot recognize your efforts, so great effort to be so strong up forward, despite the fact that we were thrashed all year.

Tomorrow there will hopefully be an end of season survey sent out (if not tomorrow, it will be on Monday) to check who is on-board for next season, if you are content with the club, what you'd like to see change moving forward etc. etc..

Cheers for what was a depressing season on-field (despite some promising signs in the second half... 4-3 after round 8!), but great season off, guys. I look forward to posting alongside all of you next season, as we win the Premiership.

Draw as a BnF, jeeze, no one can win anything at the wonders currently ;)

Congratulations to croweater 41 and Brown Bottle and commiserations on having to share as we only have 1 medal.

Draw as a BnF, jeeze, no one can win anything at the wonders currently ;)

Congratulations to croweater 41 and Brown Bottle and commiserations on having to share as we only have 1 medal.
crowy can have the fame, adulation and girls. I'll have the medal

Thanks Wonders in particular SSwans2011 for putting this together.

Congratulations to other winners and eat s**t ClarkeM still can't win a BnF. :p

Congratulations to all winners. Well deserved and good read.

Humbled to be apart of the hall of fame. One day I will tell my future children all the stories that they can be proud of and aspire to be.

Congratulations to BB & Crowie on the win, and Licorice Allsorts on the rookie!

And to the HoF inductees, Shallow & Crowie, extremely well deserved honour!

And Marklar, well done for showing up for the last round you talentless douche

Congratulations to the winners.

Sorry I couldn't make it, I had to attend my local footy club game.

If it makes you feel any better, I got similar stats...

Congratulations to the winners.

Sorry I couldn't make it, I had to attend my local footy club game.

If it makes you feel any better, I got similar stats...

Did you maintain that goal-scoring efficiency though?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back