WFL Whispers 2013.....

Remove this Banner Ad

Footyz Life

Senior List
Mar 15, 2007
Western Highway
AFL Club
Essendon
2013 is going to be a big year for WFL with the Farr move to Dimboola adding a lot of interest and speculation. Might as well start a thread to start the 2013 season off.

Things being thrown around that people might be able to shed some light on.....
- No Horsham players going to dimboola.
-Arnel and Skurrie retired.
-Schultz`s back to kalkee and Weir to J/Rainbow. Where does that leave Warrack?
-Brooks leaving United and shifting to Donald to run pub.
-Adlington going back to Adelaide?
-Whats happening at Nhill? Stawell? Min/Mur? Ararat?

2013 is going to be a big year for WFL with the Farr move to Dimboola adding a lot of interest and speculation. Might as well start a thread to start the 2013 season off.

Things being thrown around that people might be able to shed some light on.....
- No Horsham players going to dimboola.
-Arnel and Skurrie retired.
-Schultz`s back to kalkee and Weir to J/Rainbow. Where does that leave Warrack?
-Brooks leaving United and shifting to Donald to run pub.
-Adlington going back to Adelaide?
-Whats happening at Nhill? Stawell? Min/Mur? Ararat?

Brooks to stay at united, with D Cameron coaching? Possibly a few taty players to come too but my suggestion is they will continue struggle to win games. Skurrie to Dim with Farr, not sure if he will play. Still strong rumours surrounding Goodes returning to dim along with Lohde, and McFarlane mid season. Two Milner brothers from E/A and 2x Kelms to go to Saints.
Not sure what Weir would achieve by going back to JR apart from $ but would leave Warrack with some big holes and of course a sad bank balance after the last couple of years.

Brooks to stay at united, with D Cameron coaching? Possibly a few taty players to come too but my suggestion is they will continue struggle to win games. Skurrie to Dim with Farr, not sure if he will play. Still strong rumours surrounding Goodes returning to dim along with Lohde, and McFarlane mid season. Two Milner brothers from E/A and 2x Kelms to go to Saints.
Not sure what Weir would achieve by going back to JR apart from $ but would leave Warrack with some big holes and of course a sad bank balance after the last couple of years.

Burras are ticking along nicely, previous b&f winner John Delahunty to return to the club next year, along with the signing of an onballer out of the Ovens and Murray league.

stawell are in big big trouble !!!

outs - eales , thomas , delahunty , eckle , hendy , cowen , taylor
ins - ????

cowen has commited too swifts with cam kimber also looking too cross over.

Losing the Schultz brothers plus Weir will leave a pretty big hole in the Warrack lineup, be hard to see them improving on this year. Horsham Saints by the looks of those recruits should improve on this year, although have heard Phil Butsch won't be playing which would be a massive loss.

Dimboola has kept nearly all there players bar maybe 1 or 2 at this stage, if they can land a lohde, goodes, clugston will be hard to beat. Will have a much more attacking gamestyle with Farr as coach too.

Would expect the same top 5 this year to play off in finals next year. In fact i reckon there will be a fair gap between 5th & 6th.

Losing the Schultz brothers plus Weir will leave a pretty big hole in the Warrack lineup, be hard to see them improving on this year. Horsham Saints by the looks of those recruits should improve on this year, although have heard Phil Butsch won't be playing which would be a massive loss.

Dimboola has kept nearly all there players bar maybe 1 or 2 at this stage, if they can land a lohde, goodes, clugston will be hard to beat. Will have a much more attacking gamestyle with Farr as coach too.

Would expect the same top 5 this year to play off in finals next year. In fact i reckon there will be a fair gap between 5th & 6th.

- Dimboola have lost Jayden Lehman (key position/secondary ruckman to McFarlane) and Hill both to Pimp.
- In the last 2 weeks rumour is Farr has convinced Skurrie to play on for Dimmy next year
- Min-Mur look to gain more depth with only one departure at this stage and several very handy players
- A lot of Ararat senior players looking to switch to Ararat eagles??
- Nhill set to lose young up and comer Liam Alchbret who played senior footy this year to Kaniva as his old man was appointed senior coach there
- Finally Shan Argall in talks with Ararat, Stawell, Great Western, Warrack, Dimboola, Nor-Quan, Natimuk, Harrow, Horsham Saints, Hamilton, Pimp, Kaniva, West Coast Eagles, Beulah, Sheep Hills Tennis club, Lah, Longernong and Jung City Football clubs for 2014

Very disappointing that United are continuing to say they have recruited from Tatyoon when this is clearly not the case. Yes they did speak to some players but they are very, very unlikely to join the Diggers. Looks like a few people might be telling Porky Pies in an attempt to keep players.

Ararat board members worried about the year ahead, not just quality of senior team but numbers to fill the two’s.

Goodes not going to Dimboola.

Nobody going from Horsham to Dimboola except the man who was sacked after 10 flags.

- I have heard that skurrie has signed as an non-playing assistant who works with ollie brathwaite? And Farr trying to convince him to go round one more year.
- Is it true they may be flying in 3 or 4 players from Darwin like they did with McFarlane this year?
- Yeah I heard that it was a lot of Ararat's 18, 19 and 20 year olds (majority of their senior side) on the way out

Very disappointing that United are continuing to say they have recruited from Tatyoon when this is clearly not the case. Yes they did speak to some players but they are very, very unlikely to join the Diggers. Looks like a few people might be telling Porky Pies in an attempt to keep players.

Ararat board members worried about the year ahead, not just quality of senior team but numbers to fill the two’s.

Goodes not going to Dimboola.

Nobody going from Horsham to Dimboola except the man who was sacked after 10 flags.

I'll have to disagree with those comments Fancy, I think you will find that Damien Cameron will in fact be playing with United.

Also Skurrie will definitely be headed to Dim. A couple more hshm young guns a good chance,but certainly not signed yet. I would agree that Goodes is a long shot also.

Not sure where you get your facts from Fancy.

Diggers, Ararat, Nhill, Stawell, all looking like bottom four by a long way

Yeah John has signed on as assistant coach! Also looking at 4 longy people next year aswel. Karl Beddison from Horsham has also signed! Rumour had it Ison had signed at Donald but confirmed with us!

Paul Adlington heading back to Adelaide and will play for Kaniva-Leeor under Trevor Albrecht from Nhill.
Adding to the Horsham outs of Farr, Skurrie, Arnel (Retiring), Lloyd ?, Blake?. Keeping in mind Barnett and Rentsch will be recruits after missing last year to knee injuries and a possible return of Garrett Liston.

Looking forward to 2013 with the recruiting that Dimboola, Min/Mur, Warrack and Saints are doing should be an interesting year and getting the good players back in WFL!!

Tyler Blake looks set to join Horsham (although being pressured to join Ballarat roosters and play at a high standard - if you ask me, it seems silly to return back to horsham for a player with so much potential)
What's news in Warrack? They seem to have lost Schultz Bro's, weir and jesse Murphy possibly as he is heading to university. They look set to be the big slider unless they can sign a few big guns

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apparently a few new faces at 1st Dimmy pre-season training sesh tonight - Justin Chilver, Andrew Sears, Brodie Mines had a run, but not sure if signed up; along with confirmed boys Clugston & Everitt. Also Jayden Lehmann seems to be having second thoughts about a Pimp move, and Karl Lohde said to be a strong chance to come back still, with strong word that still more recruits to be confirmed shortly :eek: . If most of these guys commit, they certainly add to the Roos recruiting bandwagon and the club would expect a GF appearance in 2013.

Apparently a few new faces at 1st Dimmy pre-season training sesh tonight - Justin Chilver, Andrew Sears, Brodie Mines had a run, but not sure if signed up; along with confirmed boys Clugston & Everitt. Also Jayden Lehmann seems to be having second thoughts about a Pimp move, and Karl Lohde said to be a strong chance to come back still, with strong word that still more recruits to be confirmed shortly :eek: . If most of these guys commit, they certainly add to the Roos recruiting bandwagon and the club would expect a GF appearance in 2013.

History shows that you can't buy a premiership. Just look at Warrack the last 2 years!! It looks as tho Dimmy and the Burras have been going about it the right way the last few years, good luck to them!!!

History shows that you can't buy a premiership. Just look at Warrack the last 2 years!! It looks as tho Dimmy and the Burras have been going about it the right way the last few years, good luck to them!!!
I'm not sure what your point is here Bigbird? Are you saying Dimmy and Burras have tried, unsuccessfully, to buy the premiership the last few years? Yes they would have spent quite a bit without acheiving the ultimate success. Or are you saying they have done things the right way by developing a team consisting mostly of local talent over a few years without spending too much? At this stage it appears that Dimboola's cheque book for the 2013 season would have to be one of the biggest the league has seen for a while!!

While Bigbird's big statement has some truth in the WFL over the last 10 years (Dimmy, Nhill, Warrack have spent up and failed in that time), the single biggest factor in country footy is money - most clubs would have no chance without 'buying' players.

As for Dimmy's recruiting Moose, the word is that the club isn't flush with money - if anything, it has been getting by on the minimum, with a view to long-term sustainability. Min-Mur are probably the same, working their way back slowly but surely, without breaking the bank. I think there is a general feeling in the region that the Roos are building nicely towards success, and with the Farr factor, a few good players sense a premiership opportunity over the next couple of years. someone like Clugston could be getting plenty more money at Jep-Rain or Pimp, but the lure of potential WFL success (and playing with old mates of course) was a good reason to go with Dimmy.

I'm not sure what your point is here Bigbird? Are you saying Dimmy and Burras have tried, unsuccessfully, to buy the premiership the last few years? Yes they would have spent quite a bit without acheiving the ultimate success. Or are you saying they have done things the right way by developing a team consisting mostly of local talent over a few years without spending too much? At this stage it appears that Dimboola's cheque book for the 2013 season would have to be one of the biggest the league has seen for a while!!

I'm saying that spending ridiculous bulk coin (like what Warrak has done the past 2 years) will not win you a premiership. Horsham must have been in a solid financial position at the start of their success which is all well and good, but then from there they just lured/stole young talent from the district easily becuase of their winning culture. As for Dimmy and the burras, I notice names at the club that have been there for some time i.e. McKinnon/braithwait/delahunty. And the clubs have just built solid relationships with the people they do entice to the club. (Not saying that Farr would have gone there cheaply)

I'm saying that spending ridiculous bulk coin (like what Warrak has done the past 2 years) will not win you a premiership. Horsham must have been in a solid financial position at the start of their success which is all well and good, but then from there they just lured/stole young talent from the district easily becuase of their winning culture. As for Dimmy and the burras, I notice names at the club that have been there for some time i.e. McKinnon/braithwait/delahunty. And the clubs have just built solid relationships with the people they do entice to the club. (Not saying that Farr would have gone there cheaply)
Bigbird1, you have no idea have you. I know the money that the two eagles coaches were on this year.We tried to recruit them away from Warrrack at the start of the year. They were on minimal amount compared to what some other clubs would pay for them, us included. Harrisson, Weir as well could earn double what they are on if they played at Natimuk and Jeparit respectively. But why degrade yourself playing ordinary football on poor grounds. Sounds like you are not up with the times, you have to sometimes think outside the box to attract players not just for a year but for two,three or four years. Whether that is pay above what they are worth but hey if you can afford it makes it all so much easier.

Bigbird1, you have no idea have you. I know the money that the two eagles coaches were on this year.We tried to recruit them away from Warrrack at the start of the year. They were on minimal amount compared to what some other clubs would pay for them, us included. Harrisson, Weir as well could earn double what they are on if they played at Natimuk and Jeparit respectively. But why degrade yourself playing ordinary football on poor grounds. Sounds like you are not up with the times, you have to sometimes think outside the box to attract players not just for a year but for two,three or four years. Whether that is pay above what they are worth but hey if you can afford it makes it all so much easier.

How are the Eagles travelling with recruits anyway flightplan? Has the new coach brought anyone with him?

How are the Eagles travelling with recruits anyway flightplan? Has the new coach brought anyone with him?
Wimmera Wez, I think you have your wires crossed. I am a mallee league follower with a farm near Warracknabeal. I don't know much about their progress so far only that the Schulz boys are leaving. I do know that Jeparit are losing a few blokes to Dimmy and other clubs in the area. Do you know much news?

Jacob cook Harrison from Horsham Saints was offered some big coin from pimp but apparently saints have matched it for him to stay. there is way to much money in country footy haha

Kyle George to coach Hopetoun. Mass exodus at Warrack.

With Horsham losing top players in Adlington plus Skurrie and Arnel, could there be a changing of the guards next year?

Kyle George to coach Hopetoun. Mass exodus at Warrack.

With Horsham losing top players in Adlington plus Skurrie and Arnel, could there be a changing of the guards next year?
Slakka38, I don't understand how you can call 3 players a mass exodus. Schultz x 2 plus George. Also you better get your facts straight before you make false accusations. Luke Carr and Liam Price coaching Hopetoun!!!!!!!! Kyle just a player.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back