What are you listening to?

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 24, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
T'Wolves/Patrick Beverley/Footscray
Loving this sub-forum getting a bit more active lately! Hope this adds to it a bit.

Always love these threads as I constantly find myself listening to and discovering new songs/artists after reading through them. Just post a video of the song(s) you're loving at the moment.

Found these two last night, really enjoying them. I'm a bit of a mixed bag when it comes to music; will listen to almost anything.

I'm the same Dan love pretty much all music! It helps when you're doing a music course and you've got all different influences and songs to study and incorporate into your playing too :p

Just three songs i'm really digging at the moment. Not exactly new songs, but from what i've found are some lesser known artists. Or at least lesser known around the people I know!

From one of my favourite bands:

Reckon you might like these guys timtamWB. They're a Finnish band so not really well known.

You guessed right, I loved that song, i've been looking for a new band to get into, thanks!

For some reason they reminded me a lot of Plumb, specifically this song, and I don't know why because they are pretty different.

You guessed right, I loved that song, i've been looking for a new band to get into, thanks!

For some reason they reminded me a lot of Plumb, specifically this song, and I don't know why because they are pretty different.

No worries. They have a lot of different stuff but that's probably one of my favourite songs, mostly for the guitar riff. :p The lead vocalist is brilliant.

Not really my type of music but not bad. The instrumental in the chorus is a bit similar I think which is what might've made you think of it.

No worries. They have a lot of different stuff but that's probably one of my favourite songs, mostly for the guitar riff. :p The lead vocalist is brilliant.

Not really my type of music but not bad. The instrumental in the chorus is a bit similar I think which is what might've made you think of it.

I'm just a sucker for songs like the one you posted where it starts out clean and foreboding, and then the distorted guitar kicks in, love it!

I'm just a sucker for songs like the one you posted where it starts out clean and foreboding, and then the distorted guitar kicks in, love it!
I share your love. :thumbsu:

(Warning: mild screamo)

Not exactly the same thing but it's got a balance between very clean piano/vocals and heavy guitar/a bit of screaming. I absolutely hate screamo so trust me, it's not that bad in this song. :p Works well I think. Not for everyone.

I share your love. :thumbsu:

(Warning: mild screamo)

Not exactly the same thing but it's got a balance between very clean piano/vocals and heavy guitar/a bit of screaming. I absolutely hate screamo so trust me, it's not that bad in this song. :p Works well I think. Not for everyone.

Yeah I can't stand screamo unless it's really well done, I don't really like this one! I'd put that as a bit more than mild screamo too :p And also my inner audio engineer's coming out and saying it's not mixed well, and the distortion part is way too clean if that makes ANY sense :D

I've found lately though that a lot of the bands i'm getting into are great at crafting soundscapes, which includes a lot of post rock. Godspeed You! Black Emperor, Mogwai, Explosions In The Sky, all amazing bands. But you can tell from the first song whether you're going to love the genre or you're not, and this is the one most people start off with. You might love it for all I know :p

Yeah I can't stand screamo unless it's really well done, I don't really like this one! I'd put that as a bit more than mild screamo too :p And also my inner audio engineer's coming out and saying it's not mixed well, and the distortion part is way too clean if that makes ANY sense :D

I've found lately though that a lot of the bands i'm getting into are great at crafting soundscapes, which includes a lot of post rock. Godspeed You! Black Emperor, Mogwai, Explosions In The Sky, all amazing bands. But you can tell from the first song whether you're going to love the genre or you're not, and this is the one most people start off with. You might love it for all I know :p

Haha, fair enough. I can only stand it if it's balanced out by really clean vocals.
Nah that makes sense to me, I've been playing music since I was about 7 so I've picked up some stuff along the way, haha.

That's a really great song, love it. Haven't heard of any of those bands...looks like I'll be in for a long night. :p
I'm not sure how much of a gamer you are but you should have a look at some game soundtracks if you like that sort of "atmospheric" music. Silent Hill springs to mind.

A bit different but have you heard of Two Steps From Hell? They do a lot of "epic" orchestral movie stuff. Occasionally channel 7/Fox Footy uses their music as well. Here's an example:

Certainly not for everyone but it's great pump-up music, haha.

Haha, fair enough. I can only stand it if it's balanced out by really clean vocals.
Nah that makes sense to me, I've been playing music since I was about 7 so I've picked up some stuff along the way, haha.

That's a really great song, love it. Haven't heard of any of those bands...looks like I'll be in for a long night. :p
I'm not sure how much of a gamer you are but you should have a look at some game soundtracks if you like that sort of "atmospheric" music. Silent Hill springs to mind.

A bit different but have you heard of Two Steps From Hell? They do a lot of "epic" orchestral movie stuff. Occasionally channel 7/Fox Footy uses their music as well. Here's an example:

Certainly not for everyone but it's great pump-up music, haha.

I do love myself some atmospheric music, some orchestral music, soundtracks are always amazing, especially the lord of the rings soundtrack. I love composers like Howard Shore, Hans Zimmer etc. And I have actually heard Two Steps From Hell and I loved what I heard, haven't heard this song but I love it too!

Unfortunately for the time being due to some exams next week I have deleted all music from my ipod except for the jazz songs we have to write about on the exam. Not that there's anything wrong with jazz, just it's not my favourite genre.

This. This is what i'm listening to for the next week. I have to sing the bloody lead parts in order to pass. I liked it the first 5 times I listened to it. I'm now probably up to at least the 200th time, which I can say is way too much.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I do love myself some atmospheric music, some orchestral music, soundtracks are always amazing, especially the lord of the rings soundtrack. I love composers like Howard Shore, Hans Zimmer etc. And I have actually heard Two Steps From Hell and I loved what I heard, haven't heard this song but I love it too!

Unfortunately for the time being due to some exams next week I have deleted all music from my ipod except for the jazz songs we have to write about on the exam. Not that there's anything wrong with jazz, just it's not my favourite genre.

This. This is what i'm listening to for the next week. I have to sing the bloody lead parts in order to pass. I liked it the first 5 times I listened to it. I'm now probably up to at least the 200th time, which I can say is way too much.

Hans Zimmer is a god, haha. Inception soundtrack is fantastic. You might like both the Silent Hill 2 and Heavy Rain soundtracks. This is one of my favourites from the SH2 soundtrack:

Yeah I'm about the same with jazz. Can listen to it, but it's not my favourite by a long way. I would die if I had to listen to it enough to be able to sing the lead parts. :p

YO listen up, here's a story, about a blue guy that lives in a blue world, and all day and all night and everything he sees is just blue...

Or someshit like that... :p

Oh, and nice to meet you! :D I'm Igloo and Dannnnnnnnnn's stalker. :p

They had to be high. They had to! There is no other way you write something like that!

I'm amazed it took you this long to come to the board here then :p

They had to be high. They had to! There is no other way you write something like that!

I'm amazed it took you this long to come to the board here then :p
I see them enough on other boards like Sweet FA and Video Games board... :D

Although I'm feelin' lonely after a loss, so I'm here to see what Dan*10 and Igloo do in their secret bedroom*...

*as in this board**

**nohomo

Amazing song! Amazing drummer, would that be your favourite Zeppelin song? Mine's probably this one been listening to the whole 4 album for the past week, so good!

Amazing song! Amazing drummer, would that be your favourite Zeppelin song? Mine's probably this one been listening to the whole 4 album for the past week, so good!

When the Levee Breaks totally reeks of awesomeness like many Zep songs :thumbsu: My fave is Since I've Been Loving You :) Hon mentions to Dazed and Confused esp the 25 min version off The Song Remains The Same and That's The Way etc etc

Imagine Dragons - The River

Loving the way they are going about there Music Making Ability right now #whatdarcywouldsay

Three of the best bands I've seen live. Massive thumbs up. Get to see Boris and Mono this weekend too. Hobart actually getting good things, I'm amazed.

My recent jams:

Three of the best bands I've seen live. Massive thumbs up. Get to see Boris and Mono this weekend too. Hobart actually getting good things, I'm amazed.

My recent jams:

Oh wow i've always wanted to see one of those bands live but I missed them when they came out here :( From everything i've heard, and videos of seen, they are absolutely incredible.

That first song is like if Brand New and Explosions In The Sky had a baby, and it's all kinds of good times. Although their name leaves something to be desired :p Actually both songs remind me of that Brand New sound if it was adapted to post rock, kind of a mix between noise and that post-rock ambience.

Circa Survive is the band i'm getting into now

Remove this Banner Ad

Back