Discussion What Footy Jumpers/Sports Uniforms Do You Own?

Remove this Banner Ad

2bf28330.jpg
cbe6ebed.jpg

That site is awesome makri, great looking through it you should defiantly make a new one cause you have a great collection

That site is awesome makri, great looking through it you should defiantly make a new one cause you have a great collection
I'd love to do another site it's just a question of finding the time to sit down photograph everything properly and putting the site together. For now I I'll stick with photobucket.

My prized possessions are:
Original yellow peril with Burswood logo
Retail Ochre
Embley '09 PI away
Patrick Dangerfield #17 draft camp singlet and #35 Falcons TAC guernsey

Would kill for a #2 PI, or any 25th year PI

I guess there's no chance you'd be open to offers here.

They're probably the jewels of my collection, though everything has its price. Unfortunately, as the guernsey business seems to be these days, the price people are willing to let their items go for is usually totally disproportionate to what they're worth.

I'm just praying the Falcons guernsey, which has gone walkabout, turns up.... :confused:

You'd cry if you knew what I paid for them though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting.

So were lace-ups stiff?

The Canvas lace up jumper is very pliable. When we think canvas, we picture the heavy type that we see on widow awnings or tents. Canvas comes in different grades and the canvas lace up jumper is light weight and very similar to a lot of the clothes we see in fashion retail stores, especially the cargo shorts or pants.
The canvas jumper was favoured by some players for two main reasons; it was harder for a tackler to grab on to when worn snug or fitted and it did not soak and become heavy in the rain and mud like the knitted jumpers.
Showing my age, I wore a lace up for two seasons at my local club in the 80's and loved wearing it. On very cold wet days I enjoyed wearing the knitted long sleeve with the lace up over it to keep warm. On these occasions I remember the sleeves of the knitted jumper being soaked and sagging like sails while the lace up was just damp on the inside. I only stopped wearing the lace up after numerous pie nights no longer allowed the seam to come together in the middle and finally I succumbed to the new age acrylic/nylon which was more forgiving around the mid section.

I am interested to know what the original lace ups from the early 1900's were made of.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back