What shits ya!

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm the same. I've tried Twitter, failed to see the value. Don't use Facebook, TikTok or those platforms for the same reason.

I try to read news from both conservative and progressive sites, but even they can't help themselves.

I'm centre left, but the ABC are a joke with their ALP cheerleading. Likewise Sky with LNP.
I did the a couple of surveys and have been pegged as center right in them. I agree with what you say.

Another one from me.
People who have phone calls on speakerphone in public places like a cafe. This woman in a cafe is organising her personal life with her mother on speaker phone. She is yelling into the phone ‘speak up I can’t hear anything in here!’ I can hear her mother just fine and I’m across the room.

Another one from me.
People who have phone calls on speakerphone in public places like a cafe. This woman in a cafe is organising her personal life with her mother on speaker phone. She is yelling into the phone ‘speak up I can’t hear anything in here!’ I can hear her mother just fine and I’m across the room.
My crappy very old phone doesn't work well and you cannot hear people without it being on speaker. It is so embarrassing in public places. I don't take it out much anymore or answer it. The looks that people give me haha!

Another one from me.
Boomers on trains.

*. Me.

The loud obnoxious ringtone. The letting it ring for 30 seconds before answering. The loud speaker. The loud conversation. The long conversation. While nobody else in the entire carriage is making a sound.

For the generation that both criticises younger ones for a lack of manners, and for saying that "things were just fine before", why do they use technology they can't actually use, and do it so rudely?

That exact scenario has played out in front of me maybe 20-25 times, no exaggeration.

Boomers on trains.

*. Me.

The loud obnoxious ringtone. The letting it ring for 30 seconds before answering. The loud speaker. The loud conversation. The long conversation. While nobody else in the entire carriage is making a sound.

For the generation that both criticises younger ones for a lack of manners, and for saying that "things were just fine before", why do they use technology they can't actually use, and do it so rudely?

That exact scenario has played out in front of me maybe 20-25 times, no exaggeration.
classic, loved it everyday of my university commute

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Boomers on trains.

*. Me.

Because once you pass 55 your hearing is not what it once was and if they do not use it their kids complain because they con not contact them if they are out and they get looked at stupidly when someone asks for a mobile number and they say they do not have one. :p

Why not get a new one? You don't have to spend a fortune if you don't want to these days. That would s**t me to tears.
I will at some point. Money goes out faster at my joint than comes in. Would rather spend my excess on things that I enjoy...and I hate phones to be honest. My kids spend their lives looking at the dam things haha.

Because once you pass 55 your hearing is not what it once was and if they do not use it their kids complain because they con not contact them if they are out and they get looked at stupidly when someone asks for a mobile number and they say they do not have one. :p
Headphones though, surely?

Boomers on trains.

*. Me.

This is why I drive everywhere, much more peaceful.

This is why I drive everywhere, much more peaceful.
Arrested Development Laughing GIF

Dickheads who tag everything with unreadable rubbish.

The idiots who approve all of the expensive rusted steel panels or pressed concrete panels and other stuff that gets tagged along the roadside. FFS idiots you know they will get tagged. Smooth surface and a shitload of paint thanks. Stop wasting our money on decorative stuff that is destroyed within 2 weeks you bloody idiots.

The idiots who approve all of the expensive rusted steel panels or pressed concrete panels and other stuff that gets tagged along the roadside. FFS idiots you know they will get tagged. Smooth surface and a shitload of paint thanks. Stop wasting our money on decorative stuff that is destroyed within 2 weeks you bloody idiots.
#thatswhyitakethetrain

Dynon Rd?

Or is the problem a bigger picture one, of a society that feels the need to graffiti?

Singapore have a pretty impressive culture that instils pride in its cleanliness; locals say that to litter or graffiti is dishonourable and a disservice to everyone, including themselves.

Australians are just arseholes.

Or is the problem a bigger picture one, of a society that feels the need to graffiti?

Singapore have a pretty impressive culture that instils pride in its cleanliness; locals say that to litter or graffiti is dishonourable and a disservice to everyone, including themselves.

Australians are just arseholes.
Do you think their justice system might have something to do with it as well? They don't * around over there.

Heard on the radio a report about how a juvenile detention centre here is going without air con at the moment during a heatwave. The humanity! Maybe don't end up in a detention centre then.

Do you think their justice system might have something to do with it as well? They don't * around over there.
Could do. I guess you never know the full motivation unless you live there; I'm just going by what some locals told me, and what I read.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back