Analysis What the hell is going on with Bigfooty?

Remove this Banner Ad

This thread is the perfect example of what’s going on with big footy.

It’s all political and social agenda crusades with no humour, insider titbits or insight anymore.
It's there. Just a bit more diluted. Like any social media we have to become more efficient at sifting the chaff from the grain.

I've hacked Scrag's computer and I've managed to obtain a copy of his spreadsheet so I could analyse the data.

1655140455602.png

It's definitely worrying that his posts to likes ratio has dropped off significantly this year. The amount of ignores is also concerning. The data shows that he must be pretty calm during the week but come the weekend, probably in correlation with the Bulldogs playing, his like to ignore ratio dwindles.

I've hacked Scrag's computer and I've managed to obtain a copy of his spreadsheet so I could analyse the data.

View attachment 1423558

It's definitely worrying that his posts to likes ratio has dropped off significantly this year. The amount of ignores is also concerning. The data shows that he must be pretty calm during the week but come the weekend, probably in correlation with the Bulldogs playing, his like to ignore ratio dwindles.
Getting his spreadsheet is all well and good, but did you get the photos?

View attachment 1423558

lack of pivot tables is disappointing

I too found BigFooty losing its appeal so decided to liven up my life with a new pastime, a game I called “Spotto”. Me and some mates recently tried out the game on a road trip to Townsville and back. The game is simple, the first one to spot the Bulldogs President yells “Spotto” and is declared the winner. Sadly there were no sightings and I am now back to BigFooty.

I too found BigFooty losing its appeal so decided to liven up my life with a new pastime, a game I called “Spotto”. Me and some mates recently tried out the game on a road trip to Townsville and back. The game is simple, the first one to spot the Bulldogs President yells “Spotto” and is declared the winner. Sadly there were no sightings and I am now back to BigFooty.
And Spotless Stadium on Saturday 💩🤮.

So I keep a spreadsheet with all of my comments on bigfooty and how many reactions they receive. I split the data into years and create a pivot table for each year. What I have noticed is that the number of reactions per comment is down 13% this year. I know it isn't related to the quality of my posts because intellectually I haven't even peaked yet. For footy age I would be considered old but as a poster on bigfooty I am still well and truly in my prime. Is the like button on bigfooty malfunctioning, have people accidentally put me on ignore, or is traffic on this board just down this year because we are going poorly? Are we now in a bigfooty recession? Someone tell the RBA to stop raising interest rates and slowing down activity.
Conversely ScragCity , the reactions per post for me are up on last year. I largely attribute that to the 23 alias accounts (not all Bulldogs btw) I am trying to run, where we all like each other's posts, but like you, I am managing a substantial spreadsheet just to track who I am logged in as at any point in time, which browsers I am logged into as which account, and even whether I am conversing with myself in threads. Often I've read a post, and thought "that person is really quite clever, I'll give that a like" only to realise I was liking something I'd posted as someone else literally seconds earlier!

Anyway, this is the 10 minute window where I am footscray1973, will have to hop off now, just checking spreadsheet first to see if I'm posting again on here, or MB, or another team board.

PS a peak at my posting history to see who regularly gives me a like will tell you who the fake posters are! 🤣

1655192658312.jpeg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back