What the supporters want - A message to Andrew Fagan

Remove this Banner Ad

Great to hear from our high profile supporters such as Boof and Hewitt promoting us during their interviews. I hope Fages continues to support this avenue for the club. There is no doubt Port's bandwagon has benefited from Koshie's high profile.

You should have emailed Fagan directly. If you get a response I would love to read it.

:thumbsu::thumbsu:

Got one just now: he appreciates the email, says the issue has certainly generated significant debate, and he looks forward to the football starting.

Which is fair enough, it was unlikely he was going to tell me that the whole thing was a farce - at least not in writing - and it's a bit of a stretch to think he'll proclaim loudly he's going to incite open warfare against the AFL commission for their handling of the entire mess. However, I put forward my opinion as a member, he read and appreciated it, said thanks. The last time the CEO of our proud club spoke to me defamation action was mentioned, so I'll put this in the win category.

Question for Fagan.
Our membership department needs a shake up, is this something he is aware of. Reading many posts in here about membership queries and our department not being on the ball.

Question for Fagan.
Our membership department needs a shake up, is this something he is aware of. Reading many posts in here about membership queries and our department not being on the ball.
Yes, he is

Got one just now: he appreciates the email, says the issue has certainly generated significant debate, and he looks forward to the football starting.

Which is fair enough, it was unlikely he was going to tell me that the whole thing was a farce - at least not in writing - and it's a bit of a stretch to think he'll proclaim loudly he's going to incite open warfare against the AFL commission for their handling of the entire mess. However, I put forward my opinion as a member, he read and appreciated it, said thanks. The last time the CEO of our proud club spoke to me defamation action was mentioned, so I'll put this in the win category.

I'm impressed it got to Fagan, you could've easily been responded to by someone else lower down on the totem pole.

Too bad he didn't take you up on the offer of a donation to the Crow's Foundation in exchange for slapping McLachlan in the face.:p

Did you defame this one? :p

Actually, after thinking twice about this, I think it's a good sign he didn't write to you something that could later bite him on the arse. We have history in that department...

Righto folks, myself and a few others are meeting with Fages again next week.

There are 2 or 3 spots more available.

Can people interested in attending please drop me a PM with their interest and what they feel they can contribute to the session.

Cheers

Can people interested in attending please drop me a PM with their interest and what they feel they can contribute to the session.

Cheers
alex could have filled 2-3 of those spots ;)

Cheers
I'd be keen as mustard but falls at a bad time work wise. Look forward to hearing about it and as usual, great job for keeping this line of communication open.

Question for Fagan.
I dealt with them a bit trying to get tickets for the WCE away game in Perth last year (before the significance of that game became apparent). They were hopeless. Worse, they were disinterested and dismissive. I ended up calling WCE who couldn't do enough to help. The contrast was stark.

I love how the Fagan administration has utilized the 'We fly as one' in our membership drive with the black sea of Crows against the gold background. It is threatening, bold, and vibrant.

Some other menacing slogans and pictures I would like to see on our banners, especially against the Tealsters:

upload_2016-2-8_8-38-52.png

upload_2016-2-8_8-40-20.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Been flat out so first chance to sit down and go through a few things.

The representatives who will be sitting down with Fages and Shutts on Thursday from 10am to 11am are:
myself
Hank93
NikkiNoo
Peter J
feenix67
Bacon8

Great stuff - I hope you all enjoy it.

I'm really interested to hear his thoughts on how the AFL is continuously being VIC centred in it's approach and how the club handles this. The carve up of the 'academies' is another example. The Vic clubs have the zone and are up and running while we are left to wait our turn. The VFL, sorry AFL, have done the carve up but not consulted with our clubs at all. Surely an Australia wide, coordinated approach, would have been sensible.
I'm also interested in how the club is going in terms of developing a non-football income stream to protect ourselves against the VFL centred 'equalisation' policy.

And I want to hear how long it will be until he punches Kochie in the face.

Cheers!

I'd also like to know what he thinks of the N.T academy zones. Considering S.A and the N.T work together closely in managing rural communities and young players from the N.T feel more at home here (e.g. Curtly), why did Adelaide and Port Adelaide not have at least a portion of the N.T divided between them?

It doesn't seem as if the academies were designed in the best interests of the N.T players, as, lets face it, Melbourne is a stark contrast in environment and surroundings to the low population density we have here in S.A, let alone the N.T.

And why, assumedly when we get our Academys, do the SA teams get one of the lowest populated states with a lower amount of people from non-footballing backgrounds, while the VIC teams get there job-rich, highly populated state as well as the territory they don't even share a border with? Or why do GWS and Sydney get such large academy zones in the most populated state in the country?

Just because the sun rises first in the east doesn't mean that they should get absolutely everything before us. The AFL is meant to be an ORGANISATION FFS, you can organise and implement things nation wide you know.

I'd like to know if the club has thought about whether they might invest in a bar/pub in the city where fans can go before/after games for a drink & a meal, and ensure their money goes directly to the club, likely at lower prices than at AO. Duke of York would be an example, good location, think the owners are in financial troubles etc

I've obviously missed something here, whats happened to Alex?
He was found out as crows98 then quit in disgust, came back as alex99 then quit again and came back as Sam Malone as a real estate agent back from the states and was found out again. Is no doubt lurking again.

I know some might see this as unimportant or not as urgent compared to other issues, but can someone ask what's happening with our colours? I don't mean to complain (that comes later :p), I just want to know why they aren't quite right.

Hank93 you seem a like minded individual on this subject, any chance you could sneak it in?;)

He was found out as crows98 then quit in disgust, came back as alex99 then quit again and came back as Sam Malone as a real estate agent back from the states and was found out again. Is no doubt lurking again.
There was also another one in there somewhere. His backstory was some old guy from America, who I think worked on a oil rig IIRC.

EDIT - Ron Hubbard.

why do we care if alex posts here?

I don't care if he does. I'd just prefer to interact with people who don't make up everything about themselves* - if you want to troll go ahead but don't expect me to give a s**t about you if you'd rather deceive me.

*not really an accountant, i'm a member of the Chippendales dance troupe, and Kate Upton has invited me back to her hotel room, after which I'm meeting Barack Obama at the UN to discuss revealing to the world my true identity (being Jesus Christ) and allowing my alien brethren, the Greys, to visit Earth.

I don't care if he does. I'd just prefer to interact with people who don't make up everything about themselves* - if you want to troll go ahead but don't expect me to give a s**t about you if you'd rather deceive me.

*not really an accountant, i'm a member of the Chippendales dance troupe, and Kate Upton has invited me back to her hotel room, after which I'm meeting Barack Obama at the UN to discuss revealing to the world my true identity (being Jesus Christ) and allowing my alien brethren, the Greys, to visit Earth.
fair enough

I'm an ex crows cheerleader for what it's worth

Remove this Banner Ad

Back