List Mgmt. What the team needs to look like in 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

rezagun

Premiership Player
Nov 21, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
What do we think our premiership team will look like in the target year of 2017. This can involve trades, delistings and draftings, but this is harder to predict with lack of knowledge about draftees. Id like to think we keep danger and recruit a chb and outside mid by then. This would be my team and the trades etc. that would go with it.

B. LAIRD TALIA LEVER
HB. JAENSCH CARLISLE SMITH
C. YARRAN DANGER AISH
HF. BETTS WALKER GRIGG
F. CAMERON JENKINS LYNCH
R. JACOBS B CROUCH SLOANE
INT. CEY, M CROUCH, KELLY, BROWN/DOUGLAS.

Id really like to see us with this team next year but that would involve some hard calls to be made trade time. Id have kerridge, wright, henderson up for trade. Delist vb, pods, martin and shaw.
Recruit depth players like hampton(gws), m harvey(port), obrien(hawks), daw(kangas).
Out of the current list i cant see mackay, thommo and hartigan making it. Its a big call to recruit aish, carlisle and yarran but these players are the types we need to recruit for a tilt at glory in '17. We trade a first rd pick and kerridge to get carlisle and a second rd pick, trade henderson and lyons for yarran and gain aish by trading our second rd pick and wright.

Last edited:

B: Laird Talia Rance
HB: Hodge Lever B.Smith
C: Sloane Dangerfield S.Hill
HF: I.Smith Franklin Gray
FF: J.Cameron Walker Hogan
R: Jacobs Fyfe Pendlebury
I/C: B.Crouch Wines Selwood Lewis

Highly doubt Gray would want to leave the PAP seeing as they will be favourite for the flag again next year.
Besides that, GET it DONE AFC!

B: Laird - Talia - Brown
HB: Jaensch - Lever - Scharenberg ;)
C: Smith - M.Crouch Sloane
HF: Douglas - Jenkins - Lynch
F: Betts - Walker - Cameron
R. Jacobs - Danger - B.Crouch
Int: Grigg , CEY , Kelly , Knight.
I would prefer to keep Dangerfield :)

Would hope for something like this:

B: Brown, Talia, Lever
HB: Jaensch, Carlisle, Laird
C: Smith, M Crouch, Sloane
HF: Motlop, Tex, Lynch
F: Betts, Jenkins, Cameron
R: Jacobs, B Crouch, Danger
I/C: CEY, Grigg, Kelly, draftee

This is in a situation where we trade our 1st and say, Lyons for Carslile and a 2nd and Motlop for Henderson and either the Bombers' or our 2nd. Then the 2nd that we keep can be our draftee. If the draftee doesn't develop, we can put in someone like Kedge. Either way, that IS a premiership-winning side if CEY/Grigg/Kelly/Lever/M Crouch/Cameron develop as planned.

It is unlikely, however, that we'll get two signings of that calibre this year, so I'm not celebrating just yet.

This is in a situation where we trade our 1st and say, Lyons for Carslile and a 2nd and Motlop for Henderson and either the Bombers' or our 2nd. Then the 2nd that we keep can be our draftee. If the draftee doesn't develop, we can put in someone like Kedge. Either way, that IS a premiership-winning side if CEY/Grigg/Kelly/Lever/M Crouch/Cameron develop as planned.

It is unlikely, however, that we'll get two signings of that calibre this year, so I'm not celebrating just yet.
The development of grigg, cey, crouchs, kerridge, laird, brown, lever, wigg, ramsey, atkins, knight will play a big part in our resurgence. It looks like we think carlisle is our man for chb.

What do we think our premiership team will look like in the target year of 2017. This can involve trades, delistings and draftings, but this is harder to predict with lack of knowledge about draftees. Id like to think we keep danger and recruit a chb and outside mid by then. This would be my team and the trades etc. that would go with it.

B. LAIRD TALIA LEVER
HB. JAENSCH CARLISLE SMITH
C. YARRAN DANGER AISH
HF. BETTS WALKER GRIGG
F. CAMERON JENKINS LYNCH
R. JACOBS B CROUCH SLOANE
INT. CEY, M CROUCH, KELLY, BROWN/DOUGLAS.

Id really like to see us with this team next year but that would involve some hard calls to be made trade time. Id have kerridge, wright, henderson up for trade. Delist vb, pods, martin and shaw.
Recruit depth players like hampton(gws), m harvey(port), obrien(hawks), daw(kangas).
Out of the current list i cant see mackay, thommo and hartigan making it. Its a big call to recruit aish, carlisle and yarran but these players are the types we need to recruit for a tilt at glory in '17. We trade a first rd pick and kerridge to get carlisle and a second rd pick, trade henderson and lyons for yarran and gain aish by trading our second rd pick and wright.
The problem with that team is there are zero 1st or 2nd year players.

A team needs a minimum of 1 or 2 of these every year if we are serious about sustained success.

No point worrying about 2017's best 22. We need our core to stretch from 10 to 15 or 18 players.

Carlisle will be banned for 2 years and need to return through the draft like Saad.

The problem with that team is there are zero 1st or 2nd year players.

A team needs a minimum of 1 or 2 of these every year if we are serious about sustained success.

No point worrying about 2017's best 22. We need our core to stretch from 10 to 15 or 18 players.

Carlisle will be banned for 2 years and need to return through the draft like Saad.
Not many 1st or 2nd year players make an afl best 22 in any team. You get your exceptions but it is rare. I dont think carlisle will be banned from footy for 2 years it will be a year max. Hed be a fine addition to our inexperienced backline and id have him before henderson and rance.

Not many 1st or 2nd year players make an afl best 22 in any team. You get your exceptions but it is rare. I dont think carlisle will be banned from footy for 2 years it will be a year max. Hed be a fine addition to our inexperienced backline and id have him before henderson and rance.
There are usually one or two in most teams at various stages. Especially before the dreaded General strikes.

There are usually one or two in most teams at various stages. Especially before the dreaded General strikes.
Hopefully we do have kids pushing through in the first year. When you look at hawks, dockers and swans not too many. Usually takes them a few years to break into the team through vfl, neafl, wafl. Good teams shouldnt have to rely on 18/19 yr old kids to get the job done thats what 100 game + players are for. I think were seeing this with our team atm.

Hopefully we do have kids pushing through in the first year. When you look at hawks, dockers and swans not too many. Usually takes them a few years to break into the team through vfl, neafl, wafl. Good teams shouldnt have to rely on 18/19 yr old kids to get the job done thats what 100 game + players are for. I think were seeing this with our team atm.
The main thing I see is that I'd hope we draft an elite ball user with some toe. Blistering pace not required, but still fast.

Someone like this would move infront of Grigg quickly.

I don't see us chasing Yarran.
Carlisle is WADA dependant. I just don't see thst working out well.
I could see us chasing Henderson from Carlton. But will he come?
Motlop, I reckon is Dangerfield dependant. I hope we sign Danger.

To me its way to premature to look to 2017 and guess who we trade for. There is the whole trade thread for that.

A core of 15 to 18 from existing players is much more realistic.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

no douglas?

Using only who we have now

B: Laird Talia Brown
HB: Jaensch Lever Shaw
C: Smith B.Crouch Sloane
HF: Ramsey Walker Douglas
F: Cameron Jenkins* Betts
R: Jacobs Danger Cey
I/C: Knight M.Crouch Grigg Martin

Jenkins could easily be overtaken by lowden/Rob/Dear/Osborne

Really think our crop of rookies ATM have a huge upside. Can see McGovern, ROB, Dear and Wigg being good players for us and offering great depth

C 5 Robinson, David 7 ft 1 in (2.16 m) 235 lb (107 kg)
C 6 Ewing, Patrick 7 ft 0 in (2.13 m) 240 lb (110 kg)
SF 7 Bird, Larry 6 ft 9 in (2.06 m) 220 lb (100 kg)
SF 8 Pippen, Scottie 6 ft 7 in (2.01 m) 210 lb (95 kg)
SG 9 Jordan, Michael 6 ft 6 in (1.98 m) 198 lb (90 kg)
SG 10 Drexler, Clyde 6 ft 7 in (2.01 m) 222 lb (101 kg)
PF 11 Malone, Karl 6 ft 9 in (2.06 m) 256 lb (116 kg)
PG 12 Stockton, John 6 ft 1 in (1.85 m) 175 lb (79 kg)
SF 13 Mullin, Chris 6 ft 7 in (2.01 m) 215 lb (98 kg)
PF 14 Barkley, Charles 6 ft 6 in (1.98 m) 250 lb (110 kg)
PG 15 Johnson, Magic 6 ft 9 in (2.06 m) 220lb (100kg)

Using only who we have now

B: Laird Talia Brown
HB: Jaensch Lever Shaw
C: Smith B.Crouch Sloane
HF: Ramsey Walker Douglas
F: Cameron Jenkins* Betts
R: Jacobs Danger Cey
I/C: Knight M.Crouch Grigg Martin

Jenkins could easily be overtaken by lowden/Rob/Dear/Osborne

Really think our crop of rookies ATM have a huge upside. Can see McGovern, ROB, Dear and Wigg being good players for us and offering great depth

Martin?

Huh?!!!

If lever is mid 190s and looking fairly comfortable already, how does a Carlisle help us in our flag tilt?

Surely lever steps up and takes a gun forward by then, or do we see him being an adaptable type, capable of playing tall or loose?

Yeah il cop it on here but I seriously rate the guy. Unfortunately he will prob get dropped for good this year cos of age but I believe it would be a bad move.
Would have had him in the team from round 1 ahead of Wright

You will have a lot come out all guns blazing, but you do have support for this view from some knowledgeable posters. :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back