What unpopular AFL opinions do you have? (Part 1 - cont in Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Here is an unpopular one amongst inter-foreign-staters... how about you piss off and go form a league that people want to watch and the media pays billions to cover?

"here we are at the WA Grand final in 2025. We have a huge game coming up between the... what are the teams again, Bob? I forgot."
"Me too, Barry, but it will be a cracker."
"That's right, Bill. And don't let anyone say that this isn't a national comp. Glenelg has promised to join next year if they can afford the bus fair."
"Good on them. What champs"
"Yes Bill, and just because out 50 best players went east to play for millions rather than free bus fairs and a maccas voucher doesn't mean we aren't the 4th best comp in the country. Sure there is the AFL, the VFL and the WALF, but after that only we can stand tall. Except for the Eastern Districts - they are pretty good. And Tassie. But are they really part of Australia?"
"Gotta cut you off, Barry. They are about to bounce the ball. This will cause massive celebrations in the streets for the winning team. Until 9PM when the town shuts, and everyone goes home to see Carlton smashed in another night game."

*ball bounces and two 5'10 ruckman go at it*
What a weird post

The excitement over McGovern's "hanger" on the weekend.... is an example of all that is sad about modern footy compared to the past

Agreed. The loss of high marking is one of the worst symptoms of this sport's evolution. Some of the 'speccies' that get fawned over and win Mark of the Year these days would barely rate a mention thirty years ago.

my unpopular opinion would be for the players to agree a kind of protest - not in terms of NOT playing at all - but in terms of tackling and bumping .. make it totally bruise free, when a player is running past the with the ball they should put their hands up and get out of the way .. see how the afl likes that kind of footy cos what we've seen with this NicNat decision is a disgrace

I think the boundary line ruling (is it in or out when its in the air and requires umpire judgement and to be in the right position) should be changed.
it should, like basketball, the NFL etc be ruled on the players foot (or any part of body if they are on floor).
ie, if player steps on the line, its out of bounds

Another one hooked- hope you fell brave after that post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man you really got me.

First you said something really dumb, then I was like "hey that's pretty dumb", and you were all like "no actually I was just pretending to be dumb".

Well played sir, you have bested me.

Here is an unpopular one amongst inter-foreign-staters... how about you piss off and go form a league that people want to watch and the media pays billions to cover?

"here we are at the WA Grand final in 2025. We have a huge game coming up between the... what are the teams again, Bob? I forgot."
"Me too, Barry, but it will be a cracker."
"That's right, Bill. And don't let anyone say that this isn't a national comp. Glenelg has promised to join next year if they can afford the bus fair."
"Good on them. What champs"
"Yes Bill, and just because out 50 best players went east to play for millions rather than free bus fairs and a maccas voucher doesn't mean we aren't the 4th best comp in the country. Sure there is the AFL, the VFL and the WALF, but after that only we can stand tall. Except for the Eastern Districts - they are pretty good. And Tassie. But are they really part of Australia?"
"Gotta cut you off, Barry. They are about to bounce the ball. This will cause massive celebrations in the streets for the winning team. Until 9PM when the town shuts, and everyone goes home to see Carlton smashed in another night game."

*ball bounces and two 5'10 ruckman go at it*

This is a special kind of meltdown

My unpopular opinion.
GWS will not win a flag let alone be a powerhouse, while Leon Cameron is Coach and Graeme Allan is GM of football.
Looking good.

A view I have had for a couple of years as well.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Football was s**t in the 90s. Having key forwards kick 100+ regularly is embarrassing for the game. I’m glad coaches actually putting strong are defensive set ups to stop this happening.

As a result now it takes real acts of brilliance to kick a bag. Which i think is much better

I agree with you, nothings better then watching players not having a chance to execute their skills because there’s no room to move and watching 170 tackles a game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd like to see a team representing the elite of Victoria. Besides St Kilda.

For example Toorak, South Yarra, Ivanhoe, Malvern, Brighton or Portsea would be a great start.

Dump the TAC Cup

Victorian kids can play VFL or seniors in VAFA, EDFL etc. They’ll mature faster by playing with big blokes and it’ll make the draft much stronger by eliminating unready 18 year olds and more 20-23 year olds will get their deserved go.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I'd like to see a team representing the elite of Victoria. Besides St Kilda.

For example Toorak, South Yarra, Ivanhoe, Malvern, Brighton or Portsea would be a great start.

Isn't that meant to be the Melbourne Football Club?

Dump the TAC Cup

Victorian kids can play VFL or seniors in VAFA, EDFL etc. They’ll mature faster by playing with big blokes and it’ll make the draft much stronger by eliminating unready 18 year olds and more 20-23 year olds will get their deserved go.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Why will they `mature faster`? Seems more likely they'll just get more injuries. They won't become better by being removed from a development-specific culture either, which is the benefit of junior sport pathways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back