Whats better. One day cricket or big bash cricket?

Whats better? And what age are you?

• Big bash under 30

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • One day cricekt under 30

Votes: 21 46.7%
  • Big bash over 30

Votes: 7 15.6%
  • One day cricket under 30

Votes: 16 35.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Scrap ODIs in January and make the Big Bash the centrepiece of the summer after the Sydney test.
We should actually have the countries best players playing in the league.

Bit of cricket elitism in on display in this thread
(its perfectly okay to enjoy T20 cricket)
CA have had 10 years to do this, and haven’t. They’ve now been left behind.

Scrap ODIs in January and make the Big Bash the centrepiece of the summer after the Sydney test.
We should actually have the countries best players playing in the league.

Bit of cricket elitism in on display in this thread
(its perfectly okay to enjoy T20 cricket)
I don’t think most people are saying it isnt okay to enjoy it, even if they don’t . What some people understandably have an issue with is the way indistinguishable t20 leagues are taking over the cricket calendar.

T20 has ruined the summer of cricket in Australia. Absolute cancer on the sport.

It's a long time since Michael Bevan was hitting the last ball for 4 on New Years Day.

At least we still get the home summer Test series on free to air television.

I thought I was old and conservative when it comes to cricket - it's nice to know I'm not the only cricketing curmudgeon around here.

T20 has ruined the summer of cricket in Australia. Absolute cancer on the sport.

It's a long time since Michael Bevan was hitting the last ball for 4 on New Years Day.
If Bigfooty was around then, people would have gone off their rockers about ODIs invading into the space that should be left for traditions like the New Year's Test.

50 over cricket over 20/20 for me easily.

50 over cricket still allows for ebbs and flows in the game, whereas 20/20 matches really don't.

And I think that "ebbs and flows" are an integral part of the game.
The recent ODI against NZ reinforces my point.

20/20 cricket simply doesn't have the scope for recovery from batting collapses that 50 over cricket does.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The recent ODI against NZ reinforces my point.

20/20 cricket simply doesn't have the scope for recovery from batting collapses that 50 over cricket does.
I assume by scope you mean number of ways to recover as opposed to opportunities to recover. As in T20 cricket you can definitely recover from a batting collapse but the formula is essentially just keep hitting. For example, Australia recovered several times from early batting collapses through Stoinis and Wade during the recent World Cup. You're chasing less runs so its easier to get back in to a position where you give yourself a chance. Well maybe not easier but quicker I guess.

This is not a comment of my enjoyment of either form of the game just simply a comment in regards to that particular point.

At least we still get the home summer Test series on free to air television.

I thought I was old and conservative when it comes to cricket - it's nice to know I'm not the only cricketing curmudgeon around here.
It's not just you mate. I don't know anyone over the age of 12 who is interested in twenty twenty.

Yeah but now blokes like Eoin Morgan are hitting sixes off the last ball to win games of cricket.

I've long since stopped watching ODIs - I think the WC hosted in AUS/NZ was the last ODI I watched. Then there were the years when I only watched the WC ODIs. The endless procession of meaningless "Best of X" ODI series finished me.

Conversely, I'll watch pretty much every ball bowled of the Summer Tests.

Big Bash, yeah I do watch the odd game. Mostly die to it's convenient prime time placement on FTA. But I do tire of it quickly. It gets very same-y. So by the time the Sydney Test has packed up the pink for another year, I'm pretty much finished with BBL. Have never watched any of the finals in any year.

I liken T20 to chocolate mud cake. When some appears you tuck in and think its great. But when it appears every night, you get very bored of it very quickly

I predict in 5-10 years time there will only be around 5 test playing nations.

Australia, England, South Africa, India, New Zealand
I mean all 3 of those actually make money from tests

Back